Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are ther any other fellow banders this week?

Feeling better everyday. Today I am able to drink a little more and moving around is much easier. I only took Tylenol for a headache today, not even for my tummy pains! I think that's a big step. That means I can drive tomorrow if I want. I have very little energy though since I haven't really eaten in a week. But I still feel super-full. I'm in no hurry to advance my diet since I'm soooo full and everytime I drink anything it really hurts going down. I'm basically drinking to stay hydrated despite the discomfort....

When did you all start wanting to eat/drink after surgery? :smile2:

i was banded 2 26th 08 and im 3 days out and just had opti fast for protien been living on Water and broth althou only having sips of it cause i dont feel like drinking or eating.. like every 1 think im to swollen for my brain to register im hungry

Hi! Are there any others who were banded this week? I was banded on Friday Feb. 22 in Michigan. I am feeling really good. Yesterday I had alot of gas and took gasx. It really helped. I am so excited about this journey. I am looking forward to being healthy. It helps to talk to someone who also is where you are. Hope to hear from you soon and good luck. Leah

Hi Leah!

I was banded on Thursday Feb. 21st, came home on Friday and I'm doing very good too. Some gas problems like you say, but it has become much better. I'm doing good on my liquid diet, not minding it too much because I'm not that hungry. Tomorrow I can start some mushy stage foods! :smile2: I agree with you, it really helps talking to someone that is in the same stage of your journey. I also noticed we are both Michigan Bandsters! Are you anywhere near Oakland county?

Take care and best of luck with your continued recovery!

I was banded on 2/25 and feel pretty good today. Have been on Clear Liquids for 2 days and that went well. Haven't had any hunger yet. Today I start on full liquids and am a little scared. I feel like I'm alone in this, my Doc's info is real general, and the nutritionst who came to see me in the hospital was all of 10 years old(thats what she looked like!) and didn't know much. She said I would never again be able to eat a salad, yet I hear some of you talk about salads...is she wrong and just uneducated? The lack of help is whats making me scared. You guys out there will have to be my help.

Hi All!

I was banded 2/26 and I'm feeling ok, still a bit sore. I'm not hungry at all and I have only been sipping here and there. I'm afraid of puking so I'm gonna continue to take it slow.I feel like on clears, it's hard to get in all the Protein. Does anyone have suggestions?

I got a Realize band on 2/21 from Dr Thomas at OSS in Houston TX. Yesterday they cleared me for mushies and the mashed potatoes were so good. I have lost 12 lbs so far with 90 more to go. My diabetes blood sugar has gone from 250+ in the am to 100 and only 1 shot of Lantus. I am excited to be off most of my meds and look forward to being off the Lantus and BP meds soon. My only problem so far has been trying to get on to the Realize web site to use some of the features they list, no one knows the numbers for my surgeon or band because they just changed to the Realize gastric band from the LapBand. I am still very happy with my decision though and would do it again!!

Hi All!

I was banded 2/26 and I'm feeling ok, still a bit sore. I'm not hungry at all and I have only been sipping here and there. I'm afraid of puking so I'm gonna continue to take it slow.I feel like on clears, it's hard to get in all the Protein. Does anyone have suggestions?

Yes, go to GNC and get Isopure clear in the glass bottles.. Try the apple melon flavored one or the pineaplle banana one.. they are my favorites. These have 40g of Protein per bottle and they taste REALLY good. I've been splitting the bottles into halves and drinking them throughout the day. They are clear like Water, so perfect for the Clear liquids phase.

As for me, I'm on the 4th day out. My port site is still really sore and my back started hurting yesterday.. but, it's subsiding. It's funny when my lower belly I can feel it grumbling but my upper belly is full. What seems to satisfy me is taking a cream Soup, straining it and watering the hell out of it.. it's like a brothy creamy soup.. it shuts my lower belly up and it's very satisfying. The plain broth is just making me sick... and not fullfilling. ANd I"m drinking this Isopure clear... staying away from the juice though.. oh and propel flavored water is awesome too! I'm staying hydrated and almost all of my gass is gone. I'm not belching quite as bad as before thankfully!

Hey Guys!

I was banded on February 26th! Isopure is full of Protein (40 grams). Ive been drinking it as well. It's a little thick, and I was told you can dulute it with 1/2 Water, I'd rather get all of my protein and get it out the way (so I choose to drink it straight). Im so excited about the road in front of me. :thumbup:

I was banded on 2/25 and feel pretty good today. Have been on clear liquids for 2 days and that went well. Haven't had any hunger yet. Today I start on full liquids and am a little scared. I feel like I'm alone in this, my Doc's info is real general, and the nutritionst who came to see me in the hospital was all of 10 years old(thats what she looked like!) and didn't know much. She said I would never again be able to eat a salad, yet I hear some of you talk about salads...is she wrong and just uneducated? The lack of help is whats making me scared. You guys out there will have to be my help.

Hi Sue,

I was banded on 2/15. I have received conflicting information from the Hospital-who runs its own bariatric program, my surgeon, and his nurse practitioner.

My docs written info says 2 weeks of clear liquids then 2-4 weeks of full liquids.

I chose to mostly disregard the hospital's program, as my doctor borrows their facilities. His NP is much more conservative than my surgeon is. I was banded on a Friday (two weeks ago tomorrow), my doc said clear liquids until Monday. Monday morning I had oatmeal (yummy!). His nurse called later that morning, it sounded like she wanted to keep me on clear liquids until I told her I had switched already.

When I saw the doc at 1 week, the nurse still wanted me on runny stuff. I told the doc I had eaten some well cooked peas and spinach and that they went down well and stayed down.

The doc then cleared me to eat real food that is easy to chew. No corn, rice, or doughy breads.

So, I have somewhere around 5 sets of instructions, all different. I keep asking my husband if I heard the doc right that I can eat "real" foods. I am eating soft stuff like oatmeal, cream of wheat, non-strained cream Soups, mashed potatoes, cooked veggies, and small portions of easy to eat meats like fish filets. I also include a Protein shake to bump up the Protein levels.

So far, I've had no nausea and everything had gone down well. I also haven't lost any weight since coming off clear liquids :thumbup: But, I caught a cold right after surgery and haven't been able to walk much yet.

Take care,

Denise

I forgot to mention that I have been walking about 1/4 to 1/2 mile a day and it makes a big difference in how I feel.

Yes, go to GNC and get Isopure clear in the glass bottles.. Try the apple melon flavored one or the pineaplle banana one.. they are my favorites. These have 40g of Protein per bottle and they taste REALLY good. I've been splitting the bottles into halves and drinking them throughout the day. They are clear like Water, so perfect for the clear liquids phase.

Great tip Coolcrystal, sounds like a nice change of pace from the Protein shakes. I'm gonna pick up some of that Isopure today! Good way to get both fluids and Protein in . . . my dietitian says I should get getting about 40-60 grams of protein a day, plus 64 oz. of fluids. The protein is easy enough, but 64 ozs. of Fluid I'm struggling with . . . I just can't drink that much!

Thanks again for the tip! :thumbup:

Yesterday was my band day! I feel 100% better today than yesterday when those nasty gas pains were killing my back. I walked and used a heating pad and it helped a bunch. Today I've felt good enough to shower, do my hair and make up and make the bed. Not hungry at all. I had a single serving pack of Jello that I've eaten on for 3 meals now. Just not hungry at all. The ice chips are great though.

The best advice I got was to listen to my body. I was sipping on some broth and I felt a burning sensation in the middle of my belly. I am assuming my pouch is full. I am excited that I actually know what full feels like. I believe it is a start to a beautiful relationship. (The band and me) :rolleyes2: Good luck to all of you.

Thanks so much for the info. I don't feel so alone in this with your good advice. It sure helps to hear what others are doing.

Hi all,

I just got my band on the 25th. I started back at work today...think it might have been too early..

I feel pretty light headed and vision blurry. Anyone else banded on the 25th?

My soreness is mostly gone, and I don't have too much gas. However, I feel pretty hungry but I am drinking just liquids/juices and Water. My nutritionist told me to dring the K20 Protein water. Anyone had any luck with that?

Take care and best of luck!:rolleyes2: