Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are ther any other fellow banders this week?

Hi! Are there any others who were banded this week? I was banded on Friday Feb. 22 in Michigan. I am feeling really good. Yesterday I had alot of gas and took gasx. It really helped. I am so excited about this journey. I am looking forward to being healthy. It helps to talk to someone who also is where you are. Hope to hear from you soon and good luck. Leah

Hi Leah!

I was banded on Friday as well! I'm feeling really good and have noticed the more I walk the less sore I am... I found that out on accident as I travelled back from Monterrey through Houston and the airport is HUGE! Since I had a long layover I decided to do all the walking myself (as opposed to getting wheel chair assistance), by last night my soreness was almost completely gone. The gas, however, is still there... I will have to go buy some gasx today.

I feel great and I'm going back to work today, my friends say I'm crazy and that it's too soon, but I really feel up to it and besides... if I start to feel bad I can always come home.

Nice to meet you!!

I was banded on thr 15th of Feb. and am feeling pretty good. The first five days were very boring for me as I didn't want to do too much activity. I am wondering, is frozen yogurt interchangeable with regular yogurt?

Hey Carol,

I was banded on Feb 15 as well!!

Denise

I would think that frozen yogurt might not be the best choice. I am still on clears until about day 11 and even then skim and low fat milk. I believe frozen yogurt would up your carb and caloric intake. I was already thinking about freezing my own yogurt when I get to that point. When in doubt, ask your Nut (nutritionist). hee hee

Good luck!

Hi Everyone. Like a couple of folks here I was banded on 22 Feb. I'm feeling really great so far, the only issues I've had were some pretty severe gas pains the first two days, but like someone mentioned above, the more I walked around the better I felt. Yesterday was my first day on full liquids. For dinner I tried a cream of brocoli Soup, which I strained to get the chunks out of course. I was amazed at how full i was after just half of it. I just hope I am able to get good restriction once the swelling goes down and I start getting fills! Good luck to everyone!

Banded friday feb 22. I went back to work today(teacher) and should have stayed home. I am really sore still and the gas OMG. I ate a whole can of Tomato Soup for lunch and am totally paying for it, it was way too much but it did not hit me until like 45 min later, it was not immediately apparent when I was finished. I am SOOOOO hungry!! It is a very odd feeling, like my tummy is hungry but my upper abd is SO full that I could not even think about eating. I saw one of my coworkers this morning who did this a little over a year ago she started at like 260ish and has lost 133lbs, size 6 she looks AMAZING! She said she had a hard time with the full liquid diet and began trying Soups with VERY SMALL MUSHY peices after about 5 days. When broth started making her nauseated ( I can relate!!) She attributes her success to Soup for lunch everyday and a daily rigorous exercise routine (Taebo and pilates EVERY DAY).

I found a Protein drink today that's pretty good. It's called Muscle Milk and you can buy it at Walgreens. It's a little pricey - a 4 pack is $8, but it has 22g of Protein -- the protein makes you feel full longer. The taste is pretty good too. I checked with my nutritionist - she said it is ok to drink 1-2 a day while on the liquid diet.

Oh, the one I bought is the carb conscious one. chocolate - yum...

I had it for Breakfast and it really did curb my appetite, plus I filled up faster at lunch.

Mommakitty3 My son sees the Muscle milk all the time and says I should try it. My doctor gave me all my food for 2 weeks pre-op and 2 weeks post-op. So I will have to wait awhile. Thanks Leah

I was banded yesterday, 2/25/08, and I think I am doing OK. Some pain around the port site (and side). Lots of belching. I've only had sips of Clear Liquids so far. I totally relate to the really full upper abdomen feeling.... all the time. I can't tell how much I should take in because I pretty much feel all full and gasey all the time. I'm just counting on time to make that a little less. My worst fear is nausea and vomiting, but so far I've had none of that!! I'm getting ready to see my kids (3years and 6 year old boys) for the first time since surgery..... I'm just praying they won't be too rough with me. They are used to hugging me and cuddling with me and sitting on me to watch TV and that is clearly not an option for awhile. Wish me luck!

hi aggie from Darwin Australia I was also banded on the 22nd I have had a lot of gas walking really does help and so does heat pads I am feeling a little uncomfortable but everyday im getting better will keep in touch

I also had my lapband on Feb. 25th 2008. I am doing great. I don't feel hungry at all so far. Had some shoulder pain but gone now.

Banded in Greenville, NC by Dr Wade Naziri:rolleyes2: