Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April's out there?

April 23rd here. Dr. Roger de la Torre at DuPaul hospital in St. Louis Mo. No pre-op diet required but I'm starting my own this week. Can't wait to get this dog & pony show going. JohnC

KCV and actually all of you April banders, If you scroll down on the main list of message board subjects you will find the yearly/monthly list. Clock on that, scroll down to APRIL 08 and click on that. Inside there is a list of dates, and a whole bunch of other listings, if you are april 3 and want to join our group, please come on in to the one that is labeled "any april 3rd?"

yesterday was hard but not as hard as the 1st day, today so far has not been bad i had Jello last night and it tricked my head into thinking i was full :thumbup:and then i ewent to bed before my head figured out i was tricking it lol :thumbup::thumbup:

Antonietta --

What kind of pre-diet does your doctor have you on before surgery? I'm on a pretty strict liquid diet (5 packages of carnation instant Breakfast, a scoop of whey Protein ... sugar free Jello and popsicles) ... If you're on anything like that... you should lose a considerable amount of weight before the surgery even happens. I'm supposed to lose about 15 lbs on this alone. So.. I think if your surgery is May 16th ... and you want to lose 20 by July.. it is definitely attainable :thumbup:

I'm scheduled for April 21st, but now they are having me get a stress test because it has been so long since my last test and my family history. I can't get in to see a cardio Dr. until the 9th for a consulation and after that have the stress test. So, it is not look so good to meet the April 21st date. I am frusterated, I just want to get this done and start a new chapter of my life!!!!!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=peCCLrLaqJpfIS9ycNCaJXg&hl=en

This is the link. Remember to bookmark it. All you need is a Google Account which is very simple to set up with your e-mail and a password. So far we have 100 bandsters listed who have posted their band dates in a reply to any April thread. Once you log in to the spreadsheet you may already see your name posted...click on the blue "go to live form" at the top of the spreadsheet and you will be able to update your information. Your new info will appear at the bottom of the page. I have to go in and modify the spread sheet as bandsters make changes.

Good Luck to all! We all deserve to have happy and healthier lives. :scared2:

Hi All,

Well I'm on my way here soon to go down to Mexico to have the band done and hernia repair which I'm looking forward to.. I'll be going to Dr. Ortiz's Clinic.. Anyone else going there about that time?

BGP:thumbup:

Hi, I will be banded on April 3rd. I signed all the paperwork at the hospital on Friday and my pre-op diet is Clear Liquids the day before and then nothing after midnight. However, I am starting the liquid diet so it will not be a complete shock to me after surgery. I drink a lot of coffee so today I am not going to have anymore. It is going to be tough but it is so worth it. I am practicing drinking Water from a sippy cup because I am use to gulping my water from a water bottle :> I cannot wait for April 3rd to get here. My doctor told me that he was going to fill my band with 4ccs during surgery. Did anyone else's doctor tell them that they were going to fill the band during surgery? Good Luck to everyone!!!!

Just signed up for the April Avengers. What a great idea. I had no idea there are so many April dates ou there. How fun. I am being banded by Dr. Cirangle in San Jose California. SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

My date is April 7. I've hesitated to post the date because I still don't know if my insurance is covering it. As of early last week, the papers had still not been submitted by the surgeon's office. Since they're well-experienced in these matters, I am confident that they know what they're doing with the time frame.

Still, if I don't hear anything by Friday, I can't see myself going into surgery next Monday, because I can't take the chance of insurance not covering it, and have no intentions (or ability to) to self-pay.

Meanwhile, I am starting my second week of the prescribed pre-surgical liquid diet. So it's an even more special kind of torture, lol!