Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting Banded by Dr Huacuz on 3/28/2008!!

I am interested in finding out if anyone else will be getting banded around the same time as me. I am also interested in talking to other people banded by Dr Huacuz and hearing about your experience.

Hi ... Im Getting Banded By Dr. Huacuz March 12 2008....

I Met With Him About 1 Week Ago And Im Very Excited..

Both My Mom And I Got A Good Vibe From Him..

Seems Very Honest

I'm a bit confused..false testimony?

It's the 22nd of March and I'm alive and well, sitting in front of my computer and reading about post-surgery stuff.

I've worked in the medical system for many years, and am a strong advocate for myself. My husband was with me the whole time.

We both agreed that Dr. Huacuz handled himself professionally with us. He has a great bedside manner. I remember his last joke while I was on the operating table just about to fall asleep when he walked in. I said, there you are, he responded, you wondered where I was..'.

He answered all my questions to my satisfaction. I have no complications other than trying to forget that Lindt chocolate melts in your mouth.

I'd be glad anytime to give a positive recommendation for Dr. Huacuz. Given that every single person who walks through his clinic door has different expectations there are bound to be those who don't like him. And no surgery is without the potential for complications.

(when I read the obesityhelp.com web page about their members who died, most were treated by US docs.)

I visited my primary care doc upon return to Washington who said my incisions look good and are healing well. I spoke with him about using a Mexican clinic and he had no concerns about it.

snowbird, for your information, dr.huacuz is a very honest and talented surgeon. he cares for his patients. i know many of the people that post good things about him. they are his real patients. i dont work for him and im a real patient that has lost 100lbs and had 3 surgeries so far by him. anyone considering him for the lapband should feel safe and confident.... i send my friends to him. he is a good doctor . do you know him? or are you going by what someone else told you? i am talking from experience........ he has a very nice clinic and wonderful staff. i was treated first class all the way. i had my eyes and arms done at his clinic also. he did a great job on my arms. no pain or infection. they have healed beautifully....... im very impressed by dr. huacuz......... i recommend him because i know him and im one of many who will continue to support him .........i have read some of the negative things on here and i wonder if they are REAL patients.

I think anyone that has had good results from their surgeon feels like they had the best. I feel like I made the best decision for me. I researched alot of Dr's and made the best choice for me medically and financially. I would not have been able to get the surgery done here in the states... It is not covered under my insurance. I was not willing to fight the appeal process for the next year and hope for approval. I chose to have the procedure done by Dr. Huacuz, because he was the best Dr. for me. I am happy with my level of progress and I am also happy with the aftercare that I have through him.

Will you guys give it up? Research your doctor; don't go by a fake testimonial.

HA! How did I ever miss this thread?

The fake stuff seems to have died down a bit, that's a good thing. Probably has something to do with the new software Alex is using now. ;o)

I was Banded by Dr. Huacuz on 8/25/08 and he was WONDERFUL. He was so kind and concerned that you knew what was going to happen and making sure all questions are answered. His staff was professional and the clinic was clean. I had a wonderful time. I am now going on week two of recovery and I am feeling great. ANYone wondering about him feel free to send me a message I will be happy to share my experience step by step.

Banded by Dr Haucuz 08/08 ... Ditto!!! I have never met a Doctor that engaged the time to make sure I understood all that was necessary ... This man is motivated by a sincere desire to enrich life. My cousin and I were banded by this good man one right after the other. My wife will be banded by him in the coming weeks ... I can not say enough. The medical team and center staff were beyond my expectations. Our every need was attentive ... I'm in constant email communication with these good people I now consider my family ... after all, they have enabled my rebirth.