Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Hey everybody - we missed you at the meeting. They finally had someone there to talk about the issues we all face with overeating! It was excellent.

Vicki, can you come to the support meetings? I was tired, depressed and just didn't want to go last night but since I said on this site I was going to bring the pb samples I felt I had to go. Boy am I glad I did! It always makes me feel better to hear I am not the only one struggling.

I hate missing the meeting too. I could have really used the support. I think i've gained 5lbs since my last appt :blink: and I dont go back until sept 15th grrrrr

Who was the guest speaker?

Hey gals

Vicki - I only have 19 to go to my 1st ultimate goal. I'm stuck again too and I'm working out like a dog.

I have a big event on 9-10 and I would be so happy to lose another 10lbs by then and it is not happening. I am meeting with the guys from Buffalo that I worked with for the last year. They are all guys and I love them to death, and the only one who will say anything is my site super, we got really close and are pretty open with each other, and he i s brutially honest ...lol

anyway, that is my short term goal, going to see them is really important to me.

what is everyone up to today?

I have never really ventured out of this little buffalo bubble, but yesterday, I found this forum and everyone just writes what they eat for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner and 2-3 Snacks. It was pretty interesting, but I couldnt believe what some of them were eating...skittles, Cookies, carrot cake, ice cream.etc..but even more mind boggling was that they all lost a tremendous amount of weight... I know dr H. lives by SB, but these people were from all over the country, could it just be Portion Control but everything goes? the forum is called share ideas, what did you eat today. Maybe we can share ideas sometime and see how it goes.....I eat out alot, dont like to cook, I eat alot of wendy's mandarin orange grilled chicken salads with maries blue cheese and their chili is good.

back down to 212 yahooooooooooeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!went to the Melting Pot today, hope I didn't blow it.........grrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by vicki's band

lydia,

some of us do still walk at delaware park...we will be there tomorrow barring no rain...lol

Vicki

My other group we did that daily too when we were all in serious weight loss mode. I am still stuck but I have been drinking like a fish this week for my best friends bday. Done with that today!

Lets see, here is what i has yesterday

1 egg with 1/4 cup ricotta cheese

1/2 cup french onion Soup with 1/4 cup mozz cheese

2oz tuna, 1/3 c lettuce and 1/4 cup cheese

2 bites of ds's ice cream cake (so i woulnd't eat a whole pc)

Vicki

My other group we did that daily too when we were all in serious weight loss mode. I am still stuck but I have been drinking like a fish this week for my best friends bday. Done with that today!

Lets see, here is what i has yesterday

1 egg with 1/4 cup ricotta cheese

1/2 cup french onion Soup with 1/4 cup mozz cheese

2oz tuna, 1/3 c lettuce and 1/4 cup cheese

2 bites of ds's ice cream cake (so i woulnd't eat a whole pc)

Jenn, what do u do with the egg and ricotta cheese?

I love ricotta in lasagna but cant imagine eating it plain, when south beach talks about their ricotta Desserts with almond or vanilla extract, is that the same as a cannoli? :thumbup:

I make a an omlet out of it, put in the middle and fold over like I would with regular cheese. sometimes I mix a little garlic and parm cheese in it too for flavor.

This morning I did it with zuccini and 2% cheddar, that was good too.

Today i had the eggs

a total of 3oz of tuna and lettuce and cheese and 1/2 cup of Soup

2qts of lemon Water

I hope my scale moves in the morning, not a drop of birthday drink today and I think that is a huge problem

I went to all recipes.com, and there is a place you can click on to swap out ingredients, so i swapped sugar for spenda and found alot of recipes. I also typed in cannoli and see it is pretty much riccota confectionary sugar and what ever else u want to ad. so i guess i would just have to figure out the exchange, or just make single servings, which might even be bettrer for me since it would probably go bad.

I can''t eat breakfast anymore cause I'm too tight in the a.m. so if anything, I have a protien shake and even that sometimes gives me a grief...

I think breakfast is just a problem... lots of people I know can't do breakfast. I usually get up, have a cup of coffee, take my vits with a little Water and then have breakfast, and when I was working I had it when I got into work at 7:30, I just need to get up and move.

I think breakfast is just a problem... lots of people I know can't do breakfast. I usually get up, have a cup of coffee, take my vits with a little Water and then have breakfast, and when I was working I had it when I got into work at 7:30, I just need to get up and move.

My doc says it is more common in woman than men and why not, like menopause, pms, childbirth etc, etc, etc, why not band grief............ :biggrin:

I have to wait sometimes 3-4 hrs after getting up and just sip on iced tea..you would think I would lose more weight, but I make up for it the rest of the day. ha. ha..

Edited by vicki's band

Hey gals

hope you are all off to a good day!

I had the same food the last 2 days, altering my egg:

1 egg, shredded zuccini and 1/4 cup 2% shredded cheese and NO BOOZE

I'm down 4lbs in 2 days. 665 cals and 69g Protein is what I've been getting, entered it into my daily plate.

I still have brand new restriction and walk min 2.5 miles a day and 45ins Water aerobics or walk 5 miles a day normally but its been raining so i've not done much for a few days.

So that is how I jumpstarted it. The giant fill is what I needed

I could always eat breakfast before banding, I liked to wait until I got moving but could eat. Now even if i wanted to I know if I don't wait I'd pb

Yes! I got to move my ticker today. Not much but a little. Plus Im ready to start excercising as of today. I hoping that will make a difference in my weight loss.

Yes! I got to move my ticker today. Not much but a little. Plus Im ready to start excercising as of today. I hoping that will make a difference in my weight loss.

Congrats, that is such a great feeling :biggrin:

I could always eat breakfast before banding, I liked to wait until I got moving but could eat. Now even if i wanted to I know if I don't wait I'd pb

I used to always eat breakdast, but since banding i just cant eat in the morning, so i just have a protien shake