Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Vicki

I just got that big fill (for me anyway) and have been on liquids for 5 days now and down lbs. I am trying to get back to the reality of post surgery, so I'm going to hold out on Clear Liquids, but might add some Protein Shakes tomorrow, then the mushie stage as long as possible, i got "reminder" papers from the Dr. on Thursday.

Today I got a list of high Protein foods based on serving size. just what i needed! I Can try to scan and send any of this information anyone would like.

In a nutshell here is my reality check for the day.

Most importantly, no more onion rings... LOL

Go back to using low fat sour cream to mix with food (tuna, chicken salad, and stuff)

No more real butter, go back to using the bumble brown yogurt butter

No more store bought Salad Dressing (Ranch is my favorite to make any food go down) Low fat sour cream with a packet of ranch dressing mix

Protein first

vegies second

then Carbs and very limited

Staples I always use to eat

refried Beans

ricotta cheese ( I would make it like i was going to stuff shells, loaded with protein)

homemade sauce made with hot turkey sausage

Buritos, check the lables, they are high in protein and about 250-300 cal, add low fat cheese and you have 16-20 gprotein

I always have tuna - the 3oz size in my house

I hope that helps, it has really put things in perspective for me and I'm ready to go!

wow!!!!!!!!!!!I eat onion rings and I use real butter and chunky blue cheese dressing...........aaaahhhhh.......:biggrin: I dont know about this yogurt butter and i have never been told to use low fat sour cream to mix my food. I hate low fat sour cream. yuk... I do use turkey sausage and ground turkey when i can, and i don't do seafood of any kind, but I do do canned chicken, but I do use low fat mayo...thanx for the info..vicki:crying:

Vicki-

I'm over 2 years out and that is why I am stuck at this weight, so back to no more dressing and onion rings for a little bit.

i will miss them

wow!!!!!!!!!!!I eat onion rings and I use real butter and chunky blue cheese dressing...........aaaahhhhh.......:biggrin: I dont know about this yogurt butter and i have never been told to use low fat sour cream to mix my food. I hate low fat sour cream. yuk... I do use turkey sausage and ground turkey when i can, and i don't do seafood of any kind, but I do do canned chicken, but I do use low fat mayo...thanx for the info..vicki:crying:

i actually mix the sour cream with the mayo and it gives it a nicer flavor

i actually mix the sour cream with the mayo and it gives it a nicer flavor

val, do u also use low fat sour cream and mayo?

Jenn, how much sour cream to 1 pk of ranch dressing. any brand ok????

if anyone ever wants to e-mail me it is vslawich@gmail.com :)

Jenn, when did u start to plateau? cause this is happening to me at 1 yr out.........:smile2:

val, do u also use low fat sour cream and mayo?

Jenn, how much sour cream to 1 pk of ranch dressing. any brand ok????

I use 1 container of Sour Cream to 1 pk of Ranch and yes any brand is fine, Wal-Mart actually has a packet of Fiesta Ranch which is really good to, kind of reminds me of the southwestern dressing from Applebees. I use to mix 1/2 sc and 1/2 l/f mayo but after time, mayo was used more than s/c

if anyone ever wants to e-mail me it is vslawich@gmail.com :)

Jenn, when did u start to plateau? cause this is happening to me at 1 yr out.........:smile2:

I started to slow down after a year, I have very slowly lost 25lbs since January, but because of a medication gained 20 and now that is gone, after a lot of work.

My Dr. told me yest that with the band, typically you only lose 40-50% of your excess weight and he was proud of me for being right where they said I would be, NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

After time, about the year mark, I started getting lazy on the good things I use to do. Since my fill, which was excessive for me, I have since lost 10lbs since last Thursday, I never wanted too much and to do it on my own, but I want to hit my goal, not my Dr's:thumbup:

Vicki,

We are back to being "band Mates" Im stuck at the same weight since June. Another month stuck at the same amount. UGhh I think that I need to get back to the basics. I'm pretty sure that I dont need a fill im at a pretty good restriction I think its my food choices! Im back to journaling.

talk to you later

Rain

Vicki,

We are back to being "band Mates" Im stuck at the same weight since June. Another month stuck at the same amount. UGhh I think that I need to get back to the basics. I'm pretty sure that I dont need a fill im at a pretty good restriction I think its my food choices! Im back to journaling.

talk to you later

Rain

Rain, you are so right I also think it is my food choices, like Jenn said I am getting lazy also, and bored with the same old food. I have always been a carboholic and still am, I just need to buckle down and get with the program..My restriction is good, I am at 5.7.cc .:smile2:

I hope my blah blah blah helped. Did you guys try the 5 Day Pouch challange?

Actually I did that and it helped for a few days but I was still in onion ring mode (the pub I go to makes them homemade with homemade batter... yummmmmmm), so it didn't really work

I hope my blah blah blah helped. Did you guys try the 5 Day Pouch challange?

Actually I did that and it helped for a few days but I was still in onion ring mode (the pub I go to makes them homemade with homemade batter... yummmmmmm), so it didn't really work

Jenn, I tried your fried cheese and it was awsome, thank you so much for a new snack treat....

I'm not sure what the pouch challenge is?

taking my computer back in again!!!!!!!!!!, hopefully not for more than a day. I'll stay in touch as soon as possl.

Jenn,

I did try the 5 day pouch test but didnt make it past day 1!

Jenn,

I did try the 5 day pouch test but didnt make it past day 1!

:blink: It is hard, i wanted to kill everyone around me.

I was reading a magazine last night, and it was funny - I saw the melted cheese thing, except they did more than 1 oz but after it started to melt, put a topping *they used pepperoni* and some italian seasoning an POOF... a crustless pizza, (cook until crispy)

what is the 5 day pouch test?

Vicki,

Just goggle it. Its like the 1st 2 days a re liquids than you add mushies its hard!!! Its like when you were first banded and you couldnt eat any solids. Its supposed to shrink your pouch and help you start over.

Vicki

here is the link

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

Did it stop raining there? At 2am when i was up it looked like there was some pretty heavy rain, and headed our way

Vicki

here is the link

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

Did it stop raining there? At 2am when i was up it looked like there was some pretty heavy rain, and headed our way

It started pouring here about 11:00 last night it was heavy, lightning and thunder, I have 2 beagles and the older one is terrified of thunder and lightning. so I had to cuddle her. :tongue2: