Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Ever since my surgery my sleep schedule is so off! Probally due to the naps! I am trying to all my liquids in but its so darn hard somedays! I dont really have a ton of pain abd thats kinda bad because then i try to do too much and i get exhausted! Did anyone else have the hiccups after surgery? i have had them 2 times, and im not drinking too fast im doing what they tell you too....Jello=bad it just made me want to throw up. i never did like it too much before. I go for my 1 week follow up on tuesday

Tonight is my repeat sleep study,I hope it goes well so I don't have to go back.

OMG! so listen up, on friday, i still had the horrible heart burn and reflux. I could only eat a small amount of no sugar added vanilla ice cream. then, about 11 am, I feel this awful fullness in my chest, and i go in the bathroom and bend over and out comes this this black bitter, bitter, yuk. and so i'm freaking out as you can imagine and i call lisa and tell her and dr. H. is standing there and she tells him and he tells her to tell me to stay on liquids and protien shakes and pepcid and call back tues. HUH!????? I dont know what old blood looks like, but i know it wasn't vanilla ice cream coming back out.

So, here i am doing fluids and pro shakes and its a holiday weekend and I am kinda worried. what the hello was that. I thought he would have told me to come right in. Anyway, I do feel better doing fluids and Ice cream. I thought I would share my story. any thoughts???

hi all im here glad to hear everyone is doing so well. im doing ok still tryin to get use to the band. i have had some ups and some downs and just trying to hand in there. i will come to the next meeting.

does anyone have an appointment this tuesday i do at 1 or 130pm.

Hi All, It has been a while since I posted. I am just so unbelievably busy. I am hurt you didn't miss me (where's Judy, China etc) :lol: But I haven't been doing so well. Seems I have been at the same weight since December - up and down a few pounds. I had an appt on the 14th and gained weight so Barb immed wanted to fill me but I told her I was flying to San Francisco in two days so she didn't. I told her of some weird fluttering and she started me back on Prilosec which has helped but I think it upsets my stomach and then I mistake that for hunger and eat. Anyway we talked about my overeating and my head needing fixed, not my band, so I am going to have a swallow on June 4th. She thinks my seeing how small my pouch is might help me understand how much I should eat plus help her get a sense of how much fill I need. I am not sure I need any. Just because you gain weight does not mean you are not tight. We will see. I am looking forward to the conference on June 13th. I missed the last meeting for being in SF and next month my grandkids will be here and I am taking them to Great Wolf Lodge overnight on the day of the meeting. I might have to go to Asheville to babysit them in July, just hope it isn't the Wed of the meeting. I need the support and to see everyone. BUT for all my complaining, for the first time in a long time I let my husband take my photo in SF and liked what I saw!

Hi all, I just read around 10 pages of posts! I haven't been notified of any new posts but will try and visit more. I think Val said something about drinking Water - I just got home from SF and I walked and walked and walked and did not loose but most days the most liquid I drank was 60 oz and most days not even that!

Val, I am ready to walk again. Are you going to Delaware Park?

Betsy, Congratulations. I hiccup, once, frequently.

Michelle, you will see a lot about Dr. H/P because this site is dedicated to his patients. Do a search for Dr. Viglianco and maybe there is something similar to this thread and you will hear what patients have to say about him.

Cynthia - are you going to the Chicago conference? Thanks for sharing. I do the same thing, eat after dinner. Whether banded or not that is never a good thing.

Good to be back!

I did my repeat sleep study Saturday night I hope I don't have to go back. I an appt. to see Dr Hoffman on June 23rd at 9 :30 am .

Ever since my surgery my sleep schedule is so off! Probally due to the naps! I am trying to all my liquids in but its so darn hard somedays! I dont really have a ton of pain abd thats kinda bad because then i try to do too much and i get exhausted! Did anyone else have the hiccups after surgery? i have had them 2 times, and im not drinking too fast im doing what they tell you too....Jello=bad it just made me want to throw up. i never did like it too much before. I go for my 1 week follow up on tuesday

It has been almost a year since my band and I hiccup everytime I eat too fast.

Im pretty sure the support group meeting starts at 6.

P.S. Where's Judy, China and Bloom? and Bigurlx and everyone else thats missing???

Hi Rain, I hear you look great!!! Congratulations. I havent been on much because every time I say something someone else rips my response apart. I figured why waste my time.

I am dropping slowly, never had a gain yet but only down about 35 pounds.

Take care, hope to see you soon.

hi, i am going to be a new bandster!!! cant wait, scheduled (penciled in for last week in june). has anyone had a hard time following the sb diet???

Hi All, It has been a while since I posted. I am just so unbelievably busy. I am hurt you didn't miss me (where's Judy, China etc) :lol: But I haven't been doing so well. Seems I have been at the same weight since December - up and down a few pounds. I had an appt on the 14th and gained weight so Barb immed wanted to fill me but I told her I was flying to San Francisco in two days so she didn't. I told her of some weird fluttering and she started me back on Prilosec which has helped but I think it upsets my stomach and then I mistake that for hunger and eat. Anyway we talked about my overeating and my head needing fixed, not my band, so I am going to have a swallow on June 4th. She thinks my seeing how small my pouch is might help me understand how much I should eat plus help her get a sense of how much fill I need. I am not sure I need any. Just because you gain weight does not mean you are not tight. We will see. I am looking forward to the conference on June 13th. I missed the last meeting for being in SF and next month my grandkids will be here and I am taking them to Great Wolf Lodge overnight on the day of the meeting. I might have to go to Asheville to babysit them in July, just hope it isn't the Wed of the meeting. I need the support and to see everyone. BUT for all my complaining, for the first time in a long time I let my husband take my photo in SF and liked what I saw!

Hey Linda, sorry to hear you have been having trouble. I just had a barrium swallow and it was so awsome to see my pouch for the first time. and a revelation as to how small it really is. I think you will find it rewarding. You looked really great when i seen you at the clinic. I also was stuck at the same wt for a couple months, and then had a fill and started losing again, I think you just need to find your "spot", try a fill next visit, and see if it jump starts your wt. loss again. good luck and hang in there. vicki :tongue:

yes we are walking at delaware park linda

hi, i am going to be a new bandster!!! cant wait, scheduled (penciled in for last week in june). has anyone had a hard time following the sb diet???

Joanne, the first couple of weeks on the phase 1 sb diet was very hard but if you go on-line and get sb recipes for phase 1 its not so bad when you get used to it w/o the carbs.. The one good thing is if you can fill up on the veg's , you got it made. shar

So whats the update Vicki? how are you feeling?