Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Judy,

I did also have to see the dietician twice.

Thanks Rainwi. Your time frame and time line was not too bad. I am hoping for a July surgery, so we shall see! I guess it really depends on what testing I have left to do if any.

hi judy,

the psych eval is needed just to make sure you understand all the risks associated with surgery. you will prob need a chest xray but they will do it when you go for your pre-op stuff at bgh. that is when they did mine.

i went to the park today. when i left my house it wasnt raining, but when i got there it started raining, so i didnt walk

hi judy,

the psych eval is needed just to make sure you understand all the risks associated with surgery. you will prob need a chest xray but they will do it when you go for your pre-op stuff at bgh. that is when they did mine.

i went to the park today. when i left my house it wasnt raining, but when i got there it started raining, so i didnt walk

I am sorry we missed you. We were there and waited a while and went for coffee. We will get your cell phone next time or give you ours.

Yes, it was nice when I left my house and raining on the way! We are doing the ALS walk tomorrow, so I will get some exercise then.

Take care, sorry we did not see you. We sat in Lorraine's car.

sorry i missed u guys-didnt see anyone so i left when it started to rain hard. i will go to the gym today

Thanks I will do that.

Bugs, did you call for your application yet? It is a long process so do not get discouraged. Get your application in right away so that you can go to a seminar, I think they are having one per month at BGH.

Good luck with everything.

hello, I'm am in the process of getting my paper work ready to send in and hope to be asked to a seminar. Do we have to have insurance referrals before we go to the seminar??? In the paperwork from Dr Hoffman is states that you do. Please I'm very frusrtated. I'm afraid if I wait to get referrals its not gonna be til July that I hand my paperwork in. Then God only knows when I'll get into a seminar.

just ask your doctor for the referral- they should take care of it. i had to do that even though my insurance doesnt require a referral. good luck

hello, I'm am in the process of getting my paper work ready to send in and hope to be asked to a seminar. Do we have to have insurance referrals before we go to the seminar??? In the paperwork from Dr Hoffman is states that you do. Please I'm very frusrtated. I'm afraid if I wait to get referrals its not gonna be til July that I hand my paperwork in. Then God only knows when I'll get into a seminar.

No you do not need your referral before getting invited to a seminar. You need it when you go for the three hour visit which is about a month after your seminar.

It is a frustrating experience that we have all been through, but once you get to a seminar it seems to move along pretty well.

Get that paperwork in asap, then call for your seminar once you have given them time to look over the paperwork. Best wishes.

judy,

good luck tomorrow

val

judy,

good luck tomorrow

val

Yes, Judy, good luck!!! Be sure to report out!!!

I am going out of town in the evening tomorrow, but you can BE SURE I will update you before I leave.

Thanks for the good wishes from everyone! I am excited, but nervous.

I called Dr Hoffman's office for application.

Awesome, as soon as you get it---FAX it back, there is less likelihood of it being lost. If you get it in the mail tomorrow or the next day, fill it out IMMEDIATELY so that you can get it back to them ASAP and hopefully make the June seminar date. If you can get into the June date, you might get a September surgery date if you can get everything done ASAP. I wish it had taken that little of time for me, but unfortunately I mailed my app in and they lost it. :lol:

Good luck, Bugs!

Awesome, as soon as you get it---FAX it back, there is less likelihood of it being lost. If you get it in the mail tomorrow or the next day, fill it out IMMEDIATELY so that you can get it back to them ASAP and hopefully make the June seminar date. If you can get into the June date, you might get a September surgery date if you can get everything done ASAP. I wish it had taken that little of time for me, but unfortunately I mailed my app in and they lost it. :lol:

Good luck, Bugs!

Thanks bloomerific. I'll keep everyone posted. Oh will the fax number be in the application?

Lisa's fax is 859-4580 and marietta's fax is 859-3352. I faxed it to both.

I had my 3 hour today. I only have the blood test for h. pylori and urinary cortisol to do. It went very well, I liked all 3 ladies that I saw. I will see dietician in 4 weeks. Not sure when I will see Dr. Hoffman, but soon after July 1 hopefully. No idea when surgery will be but I will let you know. August perhaps? Why so long you ask? Dont know, it just seems to be the system. Anyway, I am on my way.