Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

My hubby is feeling good, still alittle sore at incision sites, but good. He actually went back to work today. He also learned the hard way not to drink too fast. Nausea, dry heaves and sweating.

it doesnt matter to me Judy. depending who shows up at 8am, i thought we could do once around and then head over to the rose garden

judy, hope it doesnt rain tomorrow

Yes, I know. Call me in the morning if you have any concerns. I think I will just come to the Juicery about 9 am. If I wake up early though I will come for 8, but if not I will be at the Juicery at 9. I just got back from Pittsburgh and not sure what my morning status is yet, LOL.

I have not looked at the weather channel yet.

Lets talk in the morning if it looks questionable. I hope it is not 95 either!!

Loraine, I have my first appointment (3 hour) on June 24th. I already got weighed and have lost my 5% on South Beach, I had my CPAP titrated and they have the psych evaluation. I just had a scope on Thursday and blood work this morning for other doctors and had the reports sent to the office. Do you think this will speed up the process. Also I read someone else say this and now it bothers me. If I keep losing on South Beach by the 24th my BMI could be below the limit. I have comorbiditys so that might help. It is exciting to see other Buffalo patients on the site.

Congratulations! My 3 hour appointment is June 24th. Hopefully I will be following you soon. Thanks for the timeline. It helps.

Judy, I just found the site with the Buffalo posts so I am replying to your post of a few days ago. I have my 3 hour blitz on 6/24. I too am scared and vasilating. I had a lot of success on phase 1-lost 13 1/2 lbs but phase 2 is much slower. I am worried I can keep losing until the 24th or at least maintain. I think one of the reasons for the long process is to allow us time to really think this through and not make a rash decision. There is a lot at stake and involves a life time lifestyle change. The various stages and tasks give us time to think things through. I have a lot of information on post op foods and requirements and I keep reading it wondering how hungry I will be and if I can handle it. I understand your feelings.

I nervous about this too. After I filled out the weight loss history portion of the application I worry the doctor will think I didn't try long enough on each diet plan which was about six to seven months . But I'm also worried that I will have problems after and will it really help my issues. My biggest problem I have right now is trying to figure out if it will make my back feel better enough I can excerise more often than I can right now.

Thank for letting me get this out. I would appreciate any advice .

Bugs, my weight loss history was very vague on the application and I was accepted into the program. Don't worry.

Bugs, my weight loss history was very vague on the application and I was accepted into the program. Don't worry.

Thank you linda I have one question I asked my doctor for a referral when I got my application packet sent to me there was a blank refferral letter inclosed . What should I do with it ? I still haven't gotten my refferal because of backlog. Im wondering if she sends me a standard refferal if that will work.

Bugs, Yes you use the referral letter in your packet. There is also a Medical Clearance Form/Medical Fitness Assessment. I went to see my primary dr and he filled both of them out right there with me, asking me questions along the way. If the primary doctor is for the surgery they should be very cooperative. Make sure you photocopy everything you do before sending it in - this includes bloodwork, cpap titrations etc. I had blood work this morning for my 3 month diabetes workup and a ECG scope last Thursday and had copies sent to the doctor just in case. I think more is better than less. I didn't know about the 24 hour urine until reading about it on this site but other than that I think the only other thing I need is a colonoscopy and when I told Dr. Posner and Forbes at the seminar that I went for one but my colon is twisted Posner said I need one because I am over 50 but not to worry because he would do it for me so no one else trys and ends up perforating it. I hope when I go on the 24th I will be a step ahead. Because of committments that preclude time off for recovery if I don't get the surgery in July (doubtful) I have to wait till October anyway. I am patient. I'm just not real thrilled with this SB Diet. :)

It appears that the average time from application to surgery is about 6 months. I have everything done and insurance approval as well. I am hoping for surgery in August. I should know in a few weeks. I am not very patient and it is driving me crazy!!! Is Posner a gastroenterologist? I did not realize that he did colonscopy. I had it done in an outpatient facility in Orchard Park.

Who is going to do your surgery, do you know yet?

I am not losing on SB at least as far as I can tell, I may have to go and order nutrasystem. It worked for me in the past. That is great that you lost the weight already. I did not know that you could lose it in advance of the three hour meeting (not that I would have done any better before then I am now).

Well, good luck with your 3 hour. It was very informative.

Bugs, some insurances do not require a referral, so check first before you beat yourself up over it. My company did not require a referral, but I did not know that and I had a big to do with my primary care office because they would not do one (because I did not need it) but I was afraid to go to the 3 hour without it. Anyway, it worked out because I really did not need it. United Health Care and ChampVA are my companies.

Bugs, some insurances do not require a referral, so check first before you beat yourself up over it. My company did not require a referral, but I did not know that and I had a big to do with my primary care office because they would not do one (because I did not need it) but I was afraid to go to the 3 hour without it. Anyway, it worked out because I really did not need it. United Health Care and ChampVA are my companies.

I know that my insurance company requires a referral , the one I am concerned about is the one in the packet from the Dr. Hoffman's office .

I decided to send the referral letter form and the fitness evaluation form to my PCP .

a lot of surgeons do colonoscopies also judy

I know that my insurance company requires a referral , the one I am concerned about is the one in the packet from the Dr. Hoffman's office .

I decided to send the referral letter form and the fitness evaluation form to my PCP .

My PCP did not fill out the form but wrote a letter with all of the information in the letter. Not sure why she did not fill out the form and chose to dictate a letter, but as long as it works.

She did sign the physical fitness approval.