Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

I'm going to try to make the meeting on Wed. What time does everyone show up? I'll wear a South Buffalo sweatshirt so you know who I am. I see Dr. P. tommorow for my 1 week followup. I hope he will advance my diet because I'm starving. Let me know if anyone is interested in walking the Galleria during a weekday {if i'm off-I work part time ) Can't wait to meet everyone. See ya soon.

I went to the seminar today. and i did love the dr's they were very thorough. they also stayed behind to talk to everyone. I really did like how straight forward they were about everything. I'm excited to at least to get the process started. i actually thought dr hoffman was a cutie! lol!

Linda and Val, I have tickets to rockettes on Saturday so I wont be there as the show is 11 am. If the weather is good I will go the next week. I think you should alter your walking pattern. Maybe we should walk in the opposite direction once in a while or walk to the bathroom and then back like we used to? Perhaps we should start to park near the zoo?

Can you do me a favor? Last week I combed the park looking for our purses, but I did not cover the part just past the juicery where you cant drive, can you glance around up toward the wooded part to see if you can see anything discarded.

Will miss the walk!

I had my band 11/3. I am doing well, just having a hard time waiting the hour and a half to drink something after eating. I have been trying to distract myself so I don't watch the clock. Dr. Hoffmann is awesome, very supportive and informative. My only concern is the office staff. WATCH YOUR APPOINTMENTS!! Always verify before your appointment!!! I have been given the wrong day or time, four times now!! I have learned my lesson. My hospital experience was not what I expected either. Some of the staff were very rude. When I was admitted to the floor the nurse said "oh no not another one of Hoffmann's fatties". Well, I wont be one of "Hoffman's fatties" for long....23 pounds and counting!!!

You need to report to Dr. Hoffman or the patient advocate what the nurse said. Obesity is a disability, and what she said is actually criminal. Not that I want her to lose her job, but she needs to be reminded that, "the patient is not an inconvenience, it is their only reason for being there". If you need assistance finding the patient advocate please let me know and I will find him for you.

I had my band 11/3. I am doing well, just having a hard time waiting the hour and a half to drink something after eating. I have been trying to distract myself so I don't watch the clock. Dr. Hoffmann is awesome, very supportive and informative. My only concern is the office staff. WATCH YOUR APPOINTMENTS!! Always verify before your appointment!!! I have been given the wrong day or time, four times now!! I have learned my lesson. My hospital experience was not what I expected either. Some of the staff were very rude. When I was admitted to the floor the nurse said "oh no not another one of Hoffmann's fatties". Well, I wont be one of "Hoffman's fatties" for long....23 pounds and counting!!!

One of my former colleagues is a Department Head at BGH. I did let her know.

I went to the seminar last night and I met a couple also starting this journey. I told them about this forum and how helpful it has been. The Dr.s were straight forward and honest . I learned a lot and can't wait to get the process going.

linda

do you ant to park near the zoo tomorrow

val

Hi to all of my supporters. Its now saturday morning and 4 days following my banding surgery with Dr.Posner. I opted for the Realize band only because he said that the only difference is that the port is flatter under your skin than the other.

I have been waiting since April for this day - following the surgery and feeling more myself. I am alittle hungry but the creamed Soups pretty much fill me up at this point. Seems like I feel better in the morning, then I think I kind of overdo and get alittle tired. I went for a walk yesterday and am still having alittle pain in my back from the gas but I think the walk is good because the activity helps get rid of it ( if you know what I mean !!) I just wanted to say that I am so greatful for all of you that basically held my hand thru this.. I don't mind admitting that I am quite a wuss about surgery and w/o you girls, I couldn't have done it. Thanks again, Linda, Margie, Val , Judy and Lorraine for answering all of my questions. Hope to see you at the meeting wednesday evening. Jason, I hope you are doing well enough to make the meeting also.

Just one question ... any suggestions in getting down the shakes that I know are very important, but, they are hard to get down especially if you need to sip and not gulp !!!

shar

I'm going to try to make the meeting on Wed. What time does everyone show up? I'll wear a South Buffalo sweatshirt so you know who I am. I see Dr. P. tommorow for my 1 week followup. I hope he will advance my diet because I'm starving. Let me know if anyone is interested in walking the Galleria during a weekday {if i'm off-I work part time ) Can't wait to meet everyone. See ya soon.

Buckets: do you want to go to the meeting together? I live on Seneca Street in SB. I would be interested in walking at Galleria during the week.

The meeting starts at 6pm and is in a room off the lobby past the gift shop at BGH.

YAHOO, I have been trying to log on for days, I am having so many problems with this site. anyhow, I had to redo everything again, and so I am now vicki, just pain vicki, not band of gold any longer. Glad to see every one is doing well. I wanted to see where you guys will be walking when the weather changes, cause i am able to walk a bit since the wt loss, and i am so ready to do this. let me know, thanks guys, vicki

Judy, call me when you get a few, and we can get together.

Well walkers, it seems we might get some more people if we move inside. In light of last weeks breakin perhaps it is not a bad move. I know my husband was nervous about my parking in the park again. Anyone have any feelings on this?