Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone had a positive experience at CIBO?

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any positive experiences with CIBO? I really need to know as I am running out of options at another clinc (financial options):biggrin:. I would appreciate all input ...especially from those who have been banded there.

Thanks!

Good luck finding anyone who had a positive experience since they don't seem to have banded a soul yet. I spoke with them and asked for referrals to patients and they'd not give me any. Other clinics will provide patients as referrals and this one won't so it's obvious that they don't have any. I asked about their operating room and no answer. My experience with Nisrine was terrible and really hope you don't have to go there. There are lots of financial options available and if you keep looking, you will find one that will help you out.

Thanks Jane for the reply. I am concerned. My problem is that I have enough income to support payments and a good downpayment saved, I need a co-signer to be approved ANYWHERE. I don't have anyone to help me. I think they can help me at CIBO though

Any of the clinics can help you with getting funding. But if you don't have the cash it will be a monthly payment no matter where you go. TLBC has a great program for patients I am sure SWLC does too.

Good luck I would only go to a Clinic that is a proven commodity these days where I knew I was getting a standard of care that met my expectations.

Please, do not use credit as the reason for going to a clinic. Credit can be obtained in many ways. CIBO comments from people have not been good, especially their PR. If you go to them and have to miss a payment, what then. Ask them what their response would be to a missed payment? Let's face it, there are any number of reasons that a person would have to miss a payment. A reputable bank or credit union when advised of difficulties would be considerate as long as they are advised.

Would CIBO deny you fills, refuse to replace a leaky band, refuse to put right a flipped port, etc. Ask them. It is vital you have these questions up front. Just some thoughts. Doddie

I will not be choosing CIBO. I have decided to have nothing to do with them. I have finally secured financing through my wonderful brother-in-law:thumbup: So...I will be banded as soon as possible at the SWLC!!!!:) Yahoo!!! That sure is a load off my mind to be able to have a choice now. I am ecstatic !!!

E.L. Phewwwwww! Good decision. We can't make it for you but i am glad you read between the lines. Congratulations and we hope to see you in bandster land soon. Doddie

My surgery is scheduled at SWLC for April 24th with Dr. Mumford. I too went to CIBO, but didn't care for the location. Too faw away from Hamilton. I don't believe they offer financing, but they will help you obtain financing through other sources.

Good luck with your surgery. I"m scared and excited all at the same time.

Hello!

I was banded at the CIBO clinic on February 25, 2008. All my experiences with the clinc have been wonderful. The staff are all amazing and very helpful, most of the people who work there have all been banded. This helps with both pre-op and post-op questions. CIBO is a new clinic, but the Doctor who is working for the clinic has been doing this procedure in the U.S for many years. Dr. Misra works out of St. Joes in Hamilton, doing test studies on banding for people with Diabetes. Dr. Misra has to be one of the best doctors I have ever been treated by, and believe me there has been many!! I am so glad I was banded at CIBO, they have given me a new lease on life!!:rolleyes:

Who was your actual band surgeon and how many lapbands have they done? When I look at CIBO's website Dr. Misra is shown as having done laparascopic surgeries but they do not state she has done lapband surgeries specifically which I think is important.

Where did they end up banding you since their own OR is not ready yet. They told me when I was looking at going there, that it would have to be done elsewhere. They mentioned possibly Sarnia or another private clinic in the GTA?

Hello!

I was banded at a private hospital in Toronto. Its called the Cosmetic Surgery Hospital. CIBO has a clinic being built as we speak, but I wanted my surgery done ASAP so they made other arrangements. Dr Misra studied at Ceader Saina in LA and has been doing Lapband surgery in ST Joes on a case study funded by the government. CIBO is a new clinic in the lapband world, but I know they will be around for a very long time!!

Welcome CIBO. More private clinics may lower the prices BUT having said that, what is their support system throughout Canada like? Doddie

Actually CIBO's price is the highest that I know of at $18500. Plus I believe Dr Misra their surgeon only has hospital privileges in Hamilton so if you have an emergency do you have to drive all the way from Toronto to Hamilton?

Also both SWLC and TLBC have done well over 1000 lapband surgeries and stellar reputations, why chance an unknown especially when aftercare is so darn important in order to be successful. How many lapband surgeries has Dr. Misra actually performed in this study?

I did not come on here to dispute which clinic is better than the other. I wanted to let people know there are other options in the GTA other than the 2 clinics you mentioned. I realize the price is a bit higher than the other clinics. I paid $18,000.00, but the pre and post care have been fabulous!! I would recommend CIBO to anyone!!