Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How To Find A Doctor To Do Fills On Outside Patients

To reply to IWANTBANDED, check out fill centers usa, they have about 30 locations that seem to be reasonably priced, 349inital then 165 for follow up fills, i am to be banded on the 25th in mexico and plan to use the fill center as my resource for my fills, since it will be a whole lot cheaper than, boarding my dogs, getting a plane ticket and going back to mexico.

To reply to IWANTBANDED, check out fill centers usa, they have about 30 locations that seem to be reasonably priced, 349inital then 165 for follow up fills, i am to be banded on the 25th in Mexico and plan to use the fill center as my resource for my fills, since it will be a whole lot cheaper than, boarding my dogs, getting a plane ticket and going back to mexico.

HELLO!! THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY! I HAVE CHECKED INTO FILL CENTERS AND THEY DON'T HAVE ANY DOCS IN PA. THE CLOSEST WOULD BE NJ. I AM CONSIDERING GOING THERE THOUGH, LIKE YOU SAID, IT'LL BE CHEAPER THAN GOING BACK TO MEXICO. I WOULD LIKE TO GO BACK TO MEXICO FOR MY FIRST FILL AND CHECK UP THOUGH. THANKS AGAIN!!:blushing:

DARLENE

I am not happy with my doctors on the south shore of LI. Can anone recommend their doctors? Also looking for a support grp and nutritionist who knows about lap band surgery and weight loss process.

Thanks.

Caryn

I see Dr Weiner in Detroit. He may take you on as well. He is at Detroit Medical Center. It is really easy to find and the traffic is not bad one bit. He is with Michigan Obesity Surgical Center. It doesn't hurt to ask!!

Doc. Weiner did my surgery. He's awsome to say the least. However, I moved to Wisconsin & now I can't find a soul to give me a fill. It's been since October that I've had a fill. With the snow & the move ... uggghhhaaa ... I feel like I will loose my mind if I can't get a fill soon. Is it too late for me? Detroit is like 9 hrs from here! HELP!

IWantBanded, I don't know where in central PA you are, but if it's the southern part of the state, I can recommend Dr. Susan Brinkley in Frederick, MD. I live in DC, so it's about an hour for me, and it would probably be about the same or just a little more from Gettysburg/Harrisburg. I was banded in Mexico in January and had my first fill with Dr. Brinkley last week. She's banded herself and actually went to Mexico for it and told me she'd recommend many Mexican surgeons over just about any surgeon in the US. She found my port on the first try, without fluoro, and it was $200.

Good luck!

I live in Memphis, and even though there are several bariatric dr's here, they won't see you unless you've had you're surgery with them... which I'm learning is very common.

I did find the two doctors in Nashville, but one charges $600 for first adjustment and the other one is $500. Then they both charge $400 for the additional fills, etc. I looked it up on travelocity and I can actually fly into San Diego and go back to my (future) surgery doctor... roundtrip $320. I thought that was a little crazy...

I find this so very irritating. I am reasearching the whole process and I am worried about finding someone to do my fills. I agree with the opinion that it is about the money. It is their way of forcing our hand at choosing them. What about people who relocate for employment reasons, military, college, financial reasons, family....? I know someone who was overseas in the military and he and his wife recently came back to the states.

Can't they consider having outside patients sign a disclaimer. Somethings gotta give.

What ever happened to that oath that they took. Wasn't the whole point to make people better, healthier. I don't think it said anything about doing it as long as they benefit.

Go to a FILL CENTER... Try Fill Center U.S.A.. That's were I go . they are proffesional, and the one I go to is new, so they don't take Ins. yet. "But they are thinking about it." So it's out of pocket.

Google Fill Center U.S.A. and follow instructions. They might be able to help. Good Luck... Shirley..

Good question. Yes there is. If the tech. is having a problem of some kind. " The whole thing is run by Techs. supposibley." She has to go and bring in the surgeon to take over. Now,,, if they feel you have a leak, or something wrong. Then they could recomend you back to your surgeon with the info. of what is wrong.

Like getting filled, and a week later your starving! So you go back, and they will tell you if this runs out, there must be a leak, and I have to send you back to your Dr.. That's smart buisness. You also need to know the name and size of your band, and they will tell you if it is F.D.A. approved. By the way! They call you like the next day, just to see how you are. If you tell them you could have used a little more fill. It's only $86.00. I mean you can't, and won't beat that for a outside source. If your to tight. It's free to take some out. But you have to let them know. Then they set it all up. Good Luck..

Shirley..:coolgleamA:

Edited by sstasevich

Yep, Fill Centers USA. Hopefully if more of us use them, the more docs they'll recruit to do this for us. I was banded by Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana and knew I'd have to get fills at FCUSA. I just wish my guy was closer than 6 hours away.

I am in Portland and may go out of state for procedure. How much does your organization charge per fill?

deboregon, fill centers charges 349 for 1st visit and 165 for all other visits for fills, if just an office visit then i think it is about 85 and a fill under floro would cost more. I go to the auburn WA center and have been very happy with my doc that I see there.

I know there are places in/near Portland that do fills, other than FCUSA. Not sure of the cost. Try Obesity Help Forum, they have a good list of fill docs. I know there is one in Eugene, too.

hey,

I live in Russellville and was banded by Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana, what a hottie. I am thinking about using Dr. Westmoreland in Murfreesboro, Tn. for my 2nd fill. Have you ever used or heard of him? What do you think of him, whats he charge? (if you know)

I read a bit of your blog...we love Tunica too. It's always a blast, usually en expensive blast, but a blast.

reneej