Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is anyone so tight they can't drink in the morning?

I recently had a fill and am so tight that I can't drink in the morning - does anyone like to be like this or is this just too tight? The only thing I've managed to keep down food wise is a handful of pretzels - not very healthy - the weight is falling off me but I'm so miserable like this. Think I need a little bit out.

What should normal restriction be like?

Thanks for reading

Yvonne

x

Doesn't sound right to me, you should be able to eat but smaller amounts. I'm not fully restricted yet but certainly would not want to be that tight. You still want to be living in a normal, healthy way.

You have to do what works for you and you alone. Many bandsters I know (especially us women) do find that their band feels tighter in the mornings from overnight tissue swelling. Good check would be do your rings feel tighter in the morning or at another time of the day? if so, then so will your band.

Early on I was able to lose weight without being so tight I couldn't eat in the mornings. Then for a while I found that I needed (wanted?) to have a fill level that meant I was a bit too tight for foods in the morning, because at a lesser fill by afternoon my band would feel so loose I'd be ravenous the rest of the day.

Still you have to be carefull not to cross that line to where you are battling a fill that is too tight. (*edit*) I started to post a little essay on what it means to be too tight but decided to delete as I'm not a doc and the idea of too tight can mean different things to different people.

TheGh0st said it just the way I would have. I am also tight in the morning and thick drinks such as milk or yogurt do not go down, but if I have it any looser than by the end of the day, I too, am ravenous. 9ml in a 10ml band does seem awfully tight, though. I am 2cc's in a 4cc band. Good Luck, stay hydrated and take- drink your Vitamins.< /p>

I recently had a fill and am so tight that I can't drink in the morning - does anyone like to be like this or is this just too tight? The only thing I've managed to keep down food wise is a handful of pretzels - not very healthy - the weight is falling off me but I'm so miserable like this. Think I need a little bit out.

What should normal restriction be like?

Thanks for reading

Yvonne

x

Yvonne,hi I ahve the same problem, sometimes I am tight all the way until dinner and then I get a few bites in. I told my nurse about this a week or so when I had nmy last fill, she said that I need to be careful for she thinks I am maxing out. I have a 10 cc band and 3 1/2 ccs filled. She said that drinking hot fluids might make it easier, so I have been drinking hot tea (Olong) I have a lot of times to where I will have a BP oh say about 3 times daily after I get filled then it balances itself out. Like you I am dropping weight right and left. The Dr. cannot believe it, he alwasys greets me by saying well Sharon how are you doing other than losing weight and we have a laugh about it. Today I weighed in at 199 pounds wow I used to weigh 279 pounds. I have lost since january 30, 2008 12 pounds more. Exercise and walking is my big helper and just not wanting to re gain weight is the other motivator, plus after looking at a lot of pictures of me from the past there is no way that I will ever go back to being fat again. I tried on my first pair of summer pants a size 12-14 a far cry from the 24 I used to wear. I also pray everynight for God to give me the strength to keep going and I know that he ahs heard me many times over.

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have been reading all the responses but have a question. I had a fill on tuesday, it was my third fill I am now at 4.8cc's in a 10 cc band. I can not keep anything down, not even Water. If I did not have any restriction before the fill and at the last fill only received .08 cc is it possible that I am to tight?? or could it possibly be a flu? although I have no other flu syptoms.

Thank you all for your help and posts, my doctor's office is not much help. If it was not for all the people that post here I would not have gotten this far, so thanks to all of you that take the time to help others!!

Hi, I am new to the forum. I have been reading all the responses but have a question. I had a fill on tuesday, it was my third fill I am now at 4.8cc's in a 10 cc band. I can not keep anything down, not even Water. If I did not have any restriction before the fill and at the last fill only received .08 cc is it possible that I am to tight?? or could it possibly be a flu? although I have no other flu syptoms.

Thank you all for your help and posts, my doctor's office is not much help. If it was not for all the people that post here I would not have gotten this far, so thanks to all of you that take the time to help others!!

sweetie if you can't keep down any liquids then you may be obstructed and in trouble....get on the phone with your docs office and do what you need to do to be heard

amanda

obstructed postop had successful revision

Thanks so much for your reply, I feel like after reading other posts that possibly I have irritated my band or I am drinking to fast, my DR. is out of town until in the morning, I have left a message on the answering machine but no reply so I will have to call again on Monday. I had called them on Friday and spoke with the nurse but no one called back.

Agree with Peabody , if your cant keep liquids down or if swallowing liquids are not comfortable for YOU you need to call !

Anytime something is not comfortable for YOU you need to call and check in w/ your doc. If your doc is not calling you back KEEP CALLING !

HTH

mindy

Yeah, I am. Well, I CAN drink, but sometimes I have to wait for it to clear, or deal with a bit of pain if I drink too much/quickly. But usually by 11 or so liquids are fine. That's just how my resitriction is.

Amazing Grace - Please give us an update. I am worried for you sweetie. I wish I'd seen your post yesterday. Not being able to get down liquids at any time of day is not a good sign no matter what the cause. Yes, it could be an obstruction if you tried to swallow something and hadn't chewed it well enough for your new fill level, a flu or other illness could be aggrevating your stomach lining causing it to swell more than normal, or it is possible that even a minute fill can be that proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. But the bottom line is no matter what the reason if you can't get any fluids to stay down within a 24 hour period (maybe even less, after all I'm no doc) you definitely need to get in for an unfill even if you have to go to the ER and demand one. It may be rare but still in situations like this you don't want to take any risk that the band is so tight you may cause damage to your stomach that would require the band be permanently removed.

Like I said please give us an update.

Thank you all so much for the help I am in tears this morning. This is all so complicated. I have made an appointment with another Dr. since I am having so many problems with my current Dr. This will cost me so much extra but at this point I will take your advice and see a Dr. I have an apointment scheduled for 12:30 so I must go now it will take that long to get to Houston. I will post the whole tragic problem when I get back to see if you all can help me make some better decisions, I am not doing so well myself it seems.. again thank you for your concern, it is very touching and appreciated.

Good luck and try to be calm , Let us know how it all goes.

Love

Mindy

Yes, try to stay calm and not worry too much. As I said serious complications are rare, but you are definitely doing the right thing by not waiting any longer.

You are in my prayers.

Amazing grace, I hope all is well with you, today. I also know my band loosens up pretty well if I do have a hot cup of something. We'll be waiting to see how everything went. Houston is two hours behind Indy, and it sounds like you had a bit of a drive, too.