Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi old friends!! Wow I haven't been here in so long. It was a long 2007 and not a very good one. I had several family menbers pass away including my mother. I seem to be so busy that I don't find time for my friends on LBT:frown: Sorry. I do miss talking to everyone. There seems to be a LOT of new names here. WOW the list has grown!!!:Banane22:

It wasn't a very good year for me and my band either. It is working fine but I have found ways to eat around it. I am a big emotional eater and have been very emotional this past year. Don't get me wrong I still LOVE my band and it has done a great job for me. 135lbs gone.:lol::eek::biggrin: I am trying to get back on track with eating and that yucky thing called exercising:eek: I do have a exercise room set up in my house with a tredmill and a bike along with hand weights. Now I just have to get in there and use it!! As some of you know I am disabled and can't walk without walking aids. BUT THAT IS NO EXCUSE!!!!! RIGHT?

Well I just wanted to re-introduce myself and say that I am still hanging in there. I hope you all are having great sucess.

Coyotegirl hi there! I've been here only briefly over this last year as well. It's nice to see you back.

There are so many changes here, it's turned from a village into a city, with neighbourhoods where people hang out.

I'm sorry about all your losses, especially your mother. I know things grief can certainly derail you for awhile. However you're still 135 lbs down so congratulations for that.

Don't stay away so long this time. Come and make new friends.

Thanks for the post. I have not been banded yet and although my husband has said that he wants whatever I want I know that he is having problems with the idea. The first time we discussed it he said that we have such a perfect life that he hated to see it change. When I ask him what he meant, he said we will never be able to go out for a wine and candle lit dinner. I told him that I did not think that was true I would have to just drink and eat less. Even tho I do believe what I told him the thought still sticks in my mind and I wonder if that is true. What is it like after 3 or 4 years? Any thoughts you can share or places I can look to help understand long term life with the band?

Thanks for the post. I have not been banded yet and although my husband has said that he wants whatever I want I know that he is having problems with the idea. The first time we discussed it he said that we have such a perfect life that he hated to see it change. When I ask him what he meant, he said we will never be able to go out for a wine and candle lit dinner. I told him that I did not think that was true I would have to just drink and eat less. Even tho I do believe what I told him the thought still sticks in my mind and I wonder if that is true. What is it like after 3 or 4 years? Any thoughts you can share or places I can look to help understand long term life with the band?

My husband was less than receptive of the idea of me getting a band at first too, for basically the same reasons you have expressed. I tried to explain to him that it isn't like that with the band, but he didn't really get it until he went to an appointment with me and heard it straight from the PA. He has also realized that by my being more healthy, we will be able to engage in activities other than eating to spend time together because I will be able to do more physically and won't get tired so fast. Remember, you are doing this for yourself, not your DH. Good luck and I hope things go well for you!