Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nymphs - How many fills have you had?

I go in for my third fill on Wednesday. I CAN'T WAIT!!! I have been super hungry for the last 1.5 weeks. I have been going 3 weeks between fills because of my trips to Denver.

I was banded the 12th of NOV, and have only had one fill on the 8th of Jan. My Dr. is pretty strict in gicing fills to his schedule, I went today to get a fill as I feel no restriction and he wouldn't give me one. He said to come back in 2 weeks and he would give me a fill.... I was like Uhmm Hello I have NO restriction and I am hungry. He said "Well you have lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks" I work out alot and I bike everyday. BUT I am still hungry with no restriction.... Nope he wouldn't budge....

So I go back in 2 weeks for my 2nd fill.... I will continue to make healthy food choices and to excersise every day no matter what....

and I tell myself, Kelly the band is only a tool, not a cure all. you have to make the right choices to make your tool work......

I have had no fills. I guess I am a lucky one who has had restriction right from the beginning. Once I started on solids, my hunger was GONE. The only time that I feel hungry is when I stay up really late at night and I have gone 7 or 8 hours since eating dinner. Other than that, I have zero hunger. I have not swayed from plan once...yet (I'm sure the day will come).

I have never tried to eat more than we should, and I'm not sure if I could...I just don't want to try it. I measure and weigh all of my food and I only eat what is on my plate and I feel perfectly and wonderfully satisfied.

Of course I wait an hour to drink after I have eaten and often when I start to drink, I can feel it pooling a bit in the upper portion of my stomach where my food is still sitting. This is another way that I know I have restriction. I have not pb'd, no vomiting, no sliming...basically nothing but success so far.

For me, this is all like a miracle. To go from ravenously hungry ALL THE TIME, to no hunger is absolutely incredible.

I don't plan to have a fill until I need it. There are so many risks to keeping the band too tight that I feel absolutely fortunate to not need a fill at this time.

I feel like the odd ball out and am glad that Hungryforchange and I are experiencing the same thing. I am 3 months post op and have had no fills and I have restriction, since surgery. I have no hunger unless I wait longer than 6 hours to eat. I do not cheat, I do not eat Snacks of any kind. I eat 3 ounces at each meal and I drink only when allowed. Not with meals or after. I get in way over 90 grams of Protein a day and I log every bite I take. So far it has worked wonders for me, I am feeling wonderful about my band. I am glad that I have done so well without a fill yet.

I count myself very very lucky in this respect!

Yep Kristin, you have won the equivalent of the lap band lottery!

I'll be getting my sixth fill the end of the month! Of the five fills I've had I'm at approx 6 cc's in my 10 cc band.

did your Dr put any fill in at surgery?

Productive burp. It is simalar to throwing up with out the food coming back up. That is what happens when something gets stuck or you over eat.

PS Dont drink during a PB session.

Had surgery on Nov. 5th. Just had my very 1st fill of 2cc's yesturday. I probably could've gone longer, but I was struggling with a plateau and thought this would get me over the hump. Hoping this will tied me over for a while now. I exercise a lot and try to limit my snacking. So far I've been very happy with my band. I am on liquids for the rest of today, then mushies tomorrow and then on to regular food. I'm curious to see what this fill does to me. So far nothing has bothered me and I have only felt stuck 2 times. Never PB'd so far.

I need another fill but will have to wait a week or so as TOM just hit and I'm totally stressed so I probably won't be eating much the next few days. I have to admit I like the extra restriction during TOM (sorry boys)! :rolleyes:

My 3rd fill provided good restriction but that restriction is not so good anymore. I hope the next fill will get me to my sweet spot. :mad:

One more thing... Can one of you please jump through the computer and slap me and tell me to get my shrinking butt to the gym!

I'll do it for you Jill if you would come through mine and slap me silly about eating just because I can. I am good most of the time but there's still that night time grazing that I do. My weight has been still for way too long now. I want to say I've lost 60 lbs, not half that. Probably could have by now had I not gone astray for the last couple of months.

I have my 4th fill booked on 27 February. I think I need it tight so that I have no choice but to eat very little.

I got my third fill yesterday -- 1cc, as I expected, bringing me to 7ccs. I'm on liquids but I can tell there is some good restriction. I munched on a couple of small crackers last night, chewing to the max, and when it hit my pouch, it just felt funny. No pain or discomfort but I could tell there was some hesitation going down. I also have Citrical chewable Calcium supplements that are like a creamy candy and they were a little slow going down last night and this morning.

But what was really different is that it took me awhile to drink my Slimfast shake for Breakfast. I always wondered what y'all meant when you said it took a long time to drink a shake. Now I know! For me, it's like you have to wait for the drain to clear. I also feel like I've got a bubble of air in there with each sip, though the air doesn't always come back up so it may just feel like that rather than be trapped air. It's not painful and maybe just slightly uncomfortable but I do know to wait.

What a surprise this morning when I lost two pounds! I never lose that much at once! I was so excited that I told my husband that the scales said "101.3" instead of "201.3"! :biggrin: Maybe I'll make my goal for the Spring Challenge after all! :thumbup:

That's great Longhorn! I feel it a little at 6.5cc so I'm hoping that at 7cc does the trick for me. My next appointment is 27 Feb.

still NO restriction. ughhh. I have been making healthy choices everyday but last night I ate mexican food. and didnt feel sick or anything. so mad at myself.

and I have already been to the gym today.

I have 1.5cc in a 4cc band.

Don't be so hard on yourself Elle... 49 lbs lost already, a great achievement. As long as you make the right food choices 99% of the time then you should do well. It's hard without the right restriction but hopefully that should kick in after your next fill. Good luck.

Elle, you are doing great!! I'm glad somebody else on here has a 4cc band too, I just had a fill last Mon. up to 2cc, I really didnt feel it much till yesterday (friday) Up until then, I really felt no restriction at all.