Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 4 - LP Day

Hi there from Michigan!! Ive got banded too on March 4th and just trying to find people to chat with!! I went 10 days on a pre-surgery diet before my surgery. Everything is going good as planned, just alittle of excess gas in the tummy, but this is the third day after surgery, and its not as bad. please someone out there keep in touch, I'd love to hear from someone on how there doing as well!!!!! Hollimarie

Hey, hey March 4thers. Hope everyone is well and making great strides in recovery.

Like all of you I have some belly soreness on the port side but not the port site. They told me that they incision on my upper left side was where most of the "work" came from and therefore will be the most sore. It is way better today. I bent down to tie my shoes today for a short walk. Just to the mail box and back but it felt wonderful.

I did get the gas thing. Lots of belching going on in So. Texas right now. And so far my favorite liquid on the full liquid stage is Ensure Plus in strawberry. 8 oz. in 30 minutes for Breakfast.

How soon are your follow ups? I see my doc on March 20th next (2 weeks.)

Later all - will check in later.

Hi All...I was also banded on March 4th. Mostly just tired now...a little sore on my port side as well. I'm on Clear Liquids thru today and start full liquids tomorrow and will be on those for 2 weeks before starting the mushies stage. My surgery lasted 3 1/2 hours due to a complicated hernia that had to be repaired at the same time as the lapband surgery. My doctor won't release me to go back to work until next Wednesday at the earliest. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing so well and hope we can keep in touch as we progress.

Hi Everyone, I was banded on 3/4 at 11:30AM. I woke up a lil disoriented but quickly realized I was okay and on my way to the Recovery Room. Pain has been minimal, gas has been getting better everyday. I'm struggling through the clear liquid week, next week is full liquids, week (3)purees, week (4) mushies and then full liquids. It gets difficult when everyone else is eating but, I have been constantly reminding myself why I did this. Good luck to everyone, we can do this.

It is really funny how different everyone reacts. I am struggling to get Water in me. I feel it going down. adding to that frustration is the act that I LOVE Water. Pre-banding I was drinking something like 80 oz./day. Yesterday I managed 24!

To try to solve this little issue I had DH pick up those tiny bottles, Ozarka 8 oz. The thinking is that it is easy to measure, extremely portable and an easy goal. I am setting my sights on drinking one bottle every 2 hours. I will let you know how it goes.

Trinity, no fill date in sight. Doc wants to see how weight loss goes first.

I'm right there with you texgirly...your getting more down than me...I have no desire to eat or drink. I force myself to do it...I don't want to dehydrate. Eating the cream soups...so far so good!!

I was banded on March 4th at Northwest Weight Loss Surgery in Everett, WA. Doing pretty well today...some port pain but that's about it. :smile2:

Lise

I was banded on March 4th at Northwest Weight Loss Surgery in Everett, WA. Doing pretty well today...some port pain but that's about it. :smile2:

Hey LiseSeattle, I too am having some port pain but doing great. I was hungry yesterday, but got over it. I am doing much better today and going back to work tomorrow.

Good to know I'm not alone!!! I go back to work tomorrow, as well. I work at an ad agency so most of my day is behind a computer or in meetings. Not too wild and crazy (except for some of our clients)! I'm hoping I can work a full day. A bit nervous about driving ... pressure of the seatbelt, etc. :smile2:

Hey LiseSeattle, I too am having some port pain but doing great. I was hungry yesterday, but got over it. I am doing much better today and going back to work tomorrow.

I feel bad for not getting back to post before now.

Surgery was a breeze- so the Doc says. I didn't have the catheter-at my request. Stayed overnight(complete with false fire alarm at 3am). Went home to clear liquids for 48 hrs. I really had to push that in. I used timer set to 15 minutes then drank 3oz. Some incision pain the first days now it just hurts below the port like a pulled muscle. Some pain in my left shoulder and low center chest on and off. Still passing barium-yipee. They didn't get the first Xray so I had to do three all together- ALOT of barium. Today is the first day that the smell of food makes me hungry.

Back to work tomorrow.

It sounds like everyone made it through pretty good.

Hello everyone,

I was also banded 3/4 in Parker, CO. I live in PA and was self pay.

Congrats to everyone. My biggest thing postop is gas!!!!!! feels like a big bubble in chest if i fill my pouch to fast ( usually with Water ) I'm having to

remember the 30 minute drinking rule. Before and after meals! an oh I love water!!! I lost 9 lbs since surgery adn 11lbs before! Here we go.

I will wait until 2 wks post op to start exercising to make sure everything is on its way to healing well!!

Hi Gang...Alright the honeymoon is over...it's one week today since surgery and I am starving! Anyone else begining "BANDSTER HELL"?

Hi Trinitydad, I'm not going thru bandster hell yet. On full liquids, I have been able to eat cottage cheese, yogurt, pudding, cream Soups, etc. Found a great drink that made it all not so bad. I have been using SF Carnation Instant Breakfast mix with one cup of milk and added a premade container of SF chocolate pudding and some Protein Powder. This gets me 22 grams of Protein and keeps me feeling pretty satisfied for a while. The cottage cheese also really helps. Hang in there! From all I have read, it does get better :-)