Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 4 - LP Day

Hey all. Trinity - sorry to hear you are in b-hell. This is my second week of full liquids. While I am cool with the different Soups I have been trying, I am dreaming of a steak. I am a Texan thru and thru - we love our red meat. But all in all it is going pretty well.

Sorry to hear the gas is still so bad for everyone. Mine seems to have subsided now, but it took a full 6 days or so.

Here is crazy side effect I have found. The band seems to have made chocolate and anything flavored as such taste a little nasty to me. My favorite "treat" at this point is some homemade apple sauce DH made me. Yeah, I am braggin' a little - he rocks!

I am finally getting the Water I was craving. Have any of you discovered the Special K Protein Water? Mixed berry is my fav. It has 5 Protein and 5 Fiber. With that addition, I am getting about 48 oz. of water on top of the other liquids and Soups. Oh, and I have dropped about 12 lbs. thus far. Talk to yall tomorrow!!

Hi there march 4th bandsters! How are you all doing...healing ok? I've started on mushies and not doing too great with them - mostly b/c I can't cook and was used to going out to eat prior to banding. I did just fine on the liquid stage..but find myself really thirsty with the mushies and having a hard time waiting 30 minutes after eating to drink. anyone else have any suggestions?

lise

Hey Lisa - I am with you on the Water thing. I want it all the time. It has been a struggle. I wish I had some magic hint to offer.

I am at the end of a 2 week full liquid but I have been sneaking some mushies with success thus far. Today we shopped for the first mushy week. Can't wait to get into the cottage cheese and scrambled eggs. Yum!

I also hit the gym this week - anyone else? It felt really good.

Gym...what is that? Just kidding...well, I never did the gym thing before but I do walk (I mean besides just getting from point a to point :( so I've been stepping up the power walking.

Lost a total of 10 lbs since the surgery. It's totally slowing down since I've introduced mushies (went from a lb a day to 0.2 lb day) but hey - at least it's going down)!

I also hit the gym this week - anyone else? It felt really good.

I am with you Lise, the mushies kinda put the brakes on so I am trying just non carb mushies. Ok here is something I am dealing with........if I don't eat when my body thinks i should, my shoulder aches. Aches clear up into my neck. typically as soon as i eat the pain goes away, anyone else with this "reminder?" thanks g2s

can't say i have the same kind of pain but would love some suggestions on non-carb mushies!!!

I am with you Lise, the mushies kinda put the brakes on so I am trying just non carb mushies. Ok here is something I am dealing with........if I don't eat when my body thinks i should, my shoulder aches. Aches clear up into my neck. typically as soon as i eat the pain goes away, anyone else with this "reminder?" thanks g2s

non carb, minimal carb mushies would include ground beef, pork, fish, refried Beans, cottage cheese. i did the maltomeal for Breakfast and that tasted great but seemed to slow me down, literally. cottage cheese with ground beef, chopped garlic and a really good parmesan cheese is like a little slice of lasagna. stuffed bell peppers are great, but cook them really well and peel them. you get your Protein first and then the veggie. i have tried to be as creative as possible and actually the more time i spend in the kitchen the more creative i become. ground beef and cottage cheese seems to be a base i start with for each meal. spicy italian sausage out of the casing is a great touch for some more flavor as well. g2s

Ooh my goodness - you should write a low-carb book! you've inspired me. i'm going to make the low-carb lasagna tonight! thank you!

non carb, minimal carb mushies would include ground beef, pork, fish, refried Beans, cottage cheese. i did the maltomeal for breakfast and that tasted great but seemed to slow me down, literally. cottage cheese with ground beef, chopped garlic and a really good parmesan cheese is like a little slice of lasagna. stuffed bell peppers are great, but cook them really well and peel them. you get your Protein first and then the veggie. i have tried to be as creative as possible and actually the more time i spend in the kitchen the more creative i become. ground beef and cottage cheese seems to be a base i start with for each meal. spicy italian sausage out of the casing is a great touch for some more flavor as well. g2s

that is one of my faves, make sure you use a really good cheese, parmesano reggiano, asiago is a little more salty but not as sharp, or a romano. if you have a can of diced tomatoes, a few of those with some chopped italian parsely. another fave is italian sausage out of the casing mixed with some cottage cheese, garlic and italian parsley. cook the sausage and then heat all of these togther. beat an egg really thin, pour into a hot pan. once it is the consistency of a crepe, spoon in the meat filling and roll as you would a crepe. voila, you have a meal that covers all our bases. you can make the fill mix in advance for as many meals as you would like to make. just make sure you cook the sausage seperate and add to cottage cheese once the meat cools. If you want a little variation, try using ricotta cheese, it has a little different flavor and texture. g2s

ahhh - fantastic! I want to make it now...but it's only 10am in seattle...my mouth is watering. i'll let you know how it turns out!!!

that is one of my faves, make sure you use a really good cheese, parmesano reggiano, asiago is a little more salty but not as sharp, or a romano. if you have a can of diced tomatoes, a few of those with some chopped italian parsely. another fave is italian sausage out of the casing mixed with some cottage cheese, garlic and italian parsley. cook the sausage and then heat all of these togther. beat an egg really thin, pour into a hot pan. once it is the consistency of a crepe, spoon in the meat filling and roll as you would a crepe. voila, you have a meal that covers all our bases. you can make the fill mix in advance for as many meals as you would like to make. just make sure you cook the sausage seperate and add to cottage cheese once the meat cools. If you want a little variation, try using ricotta cheese, it has a little different flavor and texture. g2s

yah same here in reno. well that gives us all day to go out and burn some calories. enjoy..........g2s if you wanna share some food creations, just lemme know, i am always open to new food preps.

Lisa and G2S - LOVE where you have been this morning! What amazing suggestions you have G2S! I jotted them down and like Lisa will be trying them soon. I had a scrambled egg for lunch today and thought I was in heaven. Mushies is a nice place to be moving to right now.

My husband is behind me in the kitchen as we speak making what we call loose meat. Traditionally we cook the ground beef with a little onion (this time cut smaller) with some chicken broth. makes it very moist. Today I will just be enjoying the meat, but in the past we would role it up in a leaf of romaine.

As for the hunger pain - oh yeah! If I wait too long the hunger gets down right angry! I keep some fruit juice handy for a quick fix. Like you said, as soon as it has something to work with the pain goes away.

How many calories are you getting in? I track everything on Sparkpeople. I have been around 700 per day until mushies; now I am closer to 1000. That should help keep the engine running. I have lost just about 14 lbs. so far.

I need to start being better about tracking my calories. I would guess I'm at about 1000...which probably means about 1200! :rolleyes: Down 10 lbs since surgery. It's sooooo slow - I miss the 2 lb days! Nice work on the 14...I'm jealous!

How many calories are you getting in? I track everything on Sparkpeople. I have been around 700 per day until mushies; now I am closer to 1000. That should help keep the engine running. I have lost just about 14 lbs. so far.

shoulder pain- I get mine when I have is big capsule (pill)that gets stuck. I then have to drink hot Water and wait until it dissolves. I wonder if this is how it will feel when I have too muck to eat(later on real food). I don't like it and will try to avoid it.

You have some very tasty recipes there. I will be on mushies on Friday. I think I will try the mock lasagna. Yummo

Ah Tex....a Barbequed steak.....first thing on my list!!! I've pureed just about everything in site!! BORING....but the 20lb weight loss has been enjoyable! Like you I grab that V8 to quiet the growling lion! Very pleased with how smooth things are going...