Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No eating after 5:30pm Challenge...anyone want to join me?

I have noticed that I loose faster when I don't eat after 5:30pm. But it's soooo hard to do. Dh gets home from work between 6:30 and 7pm on an average night, so I have to see him eating. To make matters worse it seems like he always Snacks after dinner and a few times a week asks me to make something like apple crisp for him at night. I'm soooo bad and end up licking the bowl. At least I can have dinner with the kids just before 5pm.

So anyone want to join my no eating after dinner challenge/support thread?

-Leena

If I could, I would. My entire eating problem happens after the sun goes down. If I could match your goal, I wouldn't need surgery. :rolleyes2:

I am with the town drunk on this one All my problems are in the evening. Wish I could join you , but i would be setting myself up for failure. I just try to keep it low cal. in the evening, and do a good workout. Donna

I wish I could join in too, but I am with towndrunk and Don...If I only could....

:eek::lol::eek::party::frown::cool::ohmy:TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!:biggrin::thumbup::eek::thumbup::eek:

Lets do this

Just at some tuna 2tblsp and cottage cheese 2oz --- WHOO hooo.

Pud for me at 5.30 pm Muller Yogurt .....

Ok I did it yesterday. It was soooo hard. So today I'm making DH fix his own dinner plate. I'm putting an apple crisp in the oven now and will be able to have a bite of it with my 5 o'clock dinner.< /p>

Glad to have you two, Honey and Chiquis join me.

Leena,

I have done this in the past and it has worked very well.

If I can have a protien drink at night I'm in.

I think protien shakes are okay. Just not a protien cake or cookie or food, etc. I allow myself a cup of apricot cinnamon tea with a splenda.

Leena,

I took the advice of my nutritionist to cut out the carbs after 4pm but she said (and I have found) that eating every three hours really keeps my metabolism ramped up and having the Protein boost in the evening makes me burn calories throughout the night while I sleep. Otherwise, I am hungry all night, can't sleep, and then that throws off my weight loss big time!

I generally have dinner between 6 & 7pm, then have my shake to top off my night between 9 & 10pm. That way, I have a well planned out meal that fills me up for the evening, and then if I get the urge to nibble (which seldom happens because I am still full from dinner), I just remind myself that it is almost time for my shake and I can wait.

Starving myself for four or more hours at anytime during my waking hours, sends my body into starvation mode and it stores everything after that as fat stores for the next time I starve it.

Good luck with your plan, but I don't think it would work for me.

I have noticed that I loose faster when I don't eat after 5:30pm. But it's soooo hard to do. Dh gets home from work between 6:30 and 7pm on an average night, so I have to see him eating. To make matters worse it seems like he always Snacks after dinner and a few times a week asks me to make something like apple crisp for him at night. I'm soooo bad and end up licking the bowl. At least I can have dinner with the kids just before 5pm.

So anyone want to join my no eating after dinner challenge/support thread?

-Leena

I'm in but after 6:30. I get home at 5:30 and by the time I make dinner and eat it's 6:30 but hey I need to be accountable. I haven't been banded yet but I feel so flippin miserable I will take the challenge. I think I've gained 10 lbs just from the stress of trying to get this done...

Ahhh! Last night I was sitting next to DH on the couch watching a movie and accidently ate veggie chips, not too bad, but the sodium has me retaining Water today, 2 pounds of it. He's hooked on chips and I just subconciously ate chips. I feel so crappy about it, so I'm planning an extra workout today for those stupid chips. Anyone else dealing with snacking spouses?

I did fall off the wagon this weekend..lol. I like my popcorn when watching a movie on Sat. night, but other than that I have been pretty on track. I think it's working out very well, as once I start the snacking at night, I start to graze way too much. So, I'll post my verdict when I weigh in Tomorrow morning.