Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it normal to vomit water after fill?

i just had my first fill and can not get Water down...even a lil sip wont go threw...today is the second day and im not hungry...in fact im glad that im eating close to nothing and not hungry...but im worried about not getting the water down.....will it take some time to ajust?? am i to tight??

Sounds like your too tight , you need to call your doc ASAP !

mindy

Water should have been used throughout the process of your fill. My doctor has me sip while sitting up with the needle still there and adjusts accordingly. If this was done during your fill and water was going down fine you may have something else going on. It is not normal to not be able to drink water. I concur, call your doc in the morning and get in there ASAP.

It is not uncommon however to become too tight a day or 2 later.

Both times I have been tight I got too tight around 3 days post fill and was able to sip or drink Water just fine after my fill .

That is why my doc has my on liquids for 6 days post op . It usually takes your fill a few days sometimes up to a week to "kick" in . So its not uncommon to be able to drink after a fill, then swelling to kick in and not be able to drink liquids .

HTH

Mindy

all this just happened to me over this weekend. I got filled on Thursday and by Saturday I couldn't even sip Water without throwing up. I called the doctor and he had me come in right away so he could take out just a little amount of the fill.

Can you tell a difference ? the last time i went in for an unfill by time i go to the docs office i could feel the pressure in my chest , it was not there when i called the day before. When he was done i felt MUCH better.

Sometimes it takes a while for the fill to kick in and when it does you can go from being able to sip Water the day of the fill and the days after the fill to not being able to get it down at all. If you ever can not get Water down ya gotta call your doc , if you get dehydrated you can get into big trouble.

HTH

Mindy

yeah i could tell a difference after he unfilled me just that little bit. Before I had stomach cramps, pain in my chest and back. Then afterwards it was like heaven...no pain. But today I kind of wish i would have just lived with it tight, because I feel like I did before the fill.

yeah i could tell a difference after he unfilled me just that little bit. Before I had stomach cramps, pain in my chest and back. Then afterwards it was like heaven...no pain. But today I kind of wish i would have just lived with it tight, because I feel like I did before the fill.

Give the unfill time to kick in , It might tighten up a bit in a day or so just like it took a bit for your fill to tighten up .

Its not good to keep your band tight , that is what can cause slips and erosions . Anytime you THINK your too tight you probably are and you NEED to get unfilled. I learned that the hard way with the unfills. Unfills are scary at first you think your going to gain weight back ect. But dont think that way just get the unfill in the long run its better for you .

HTH

Mindy

I'm a scale watcher, and I was liking the numbers that I was getting after the fill. I liked the numbers that I got this morning, it's tomrrow that scares me to death.

I'm a scale watcher, and I was liking the numbers that I was getting after the fill. I liked the numbers that I got this morning, it's tomrrow that scares me to death.

OH trust me i know I weight myself every day . But I have a "rule' I dont count gains unless and until i see the same # on the scale 3 days in a row.

With the way a woman is and hormones ect its too wishy washy and up and down. So i dont count a gain unless its the same gain 3 days in a row.

Also a gain is better than loosing your band. So dont keep yourself too tight its not worth it

Mindy

have you ever gained inches? I did and can't understand how. Then when I was measured this month I lost alot of inches, but still having a hard time tring to figure out why i gained inches that one month. I like your rule for weight gain.

I actually do not keep track of inches, I wish I had from the start and probably should. But I dont , I might. If you gained inches if your working out it might be gaining muscle .

That would be my best guess ? Its logical .

OH trust me i know I weight myself every day . But I have a "rule' I dont count gains unless and until i see the same # on the scale 3 days in a row.

With the way a woman is and hormones ect its too wishy washy and up and down. So i dont count a gain unless its the same gain 3 days in a row.

Also a gain is better than loosing your band. So dont keep yourself too tight its not worth it

Mindy

Mindy, that's a GREAT idea! I weigh myself every day and sometimes it's hard to keep positive when I see a gain overnight. I hate waiting a week as well to find out how I have done.

Mindy, that's a GREAT idea! I weigh myself every day and sometimes it's hard to keep positive when I see a gain overnight. I hate waiting a week as well to find out how I have done.

I found that its too easy to freak out from seeing one day of a gain . Espically for me since I am so irregular for my periods. For instance, Yesterday i saw a 1pd gain , Ok , lets see what happens, today its still there, ok dont panic, what happens today ? I started my period. So that explains my gain.

I find that MOST of the time there is an explanation for the gains . So it totally cuts back on the freak out periods. LOL

Glad I could be of some help !

Mindy :eek:

i tend to lose more during my periods because everything i eat sends me running to the bathroom or gives me horrible cramps to where i cant move.. so i avoid eating at all... i just make sure to keep myself hydrated... but the week before my period is extreme bloating and i tend to gain....Gotta love those periods!! :eek: