Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mushy food stage shopping list

Hi everyone. On Monday I will be officially starting my mushy food stage,,YEAH!!!! Well I am making a list of things to buy this weekend. Besides, eggs, tuna, yogurt, and cottage cheese...Can anyone tell me what they ate, or give me suggestions as to what to buy...Possibly variety...Thanks

Anything you fix your family, you can run it through the blender before you eat it. You want to eat foods that are soft, fairly smooth (no large chunks), easy to digest.

Hi Hope, thanks for the advice. What do u think about wendy's chilli if I chew it real small..Or the creamed spinach from Boston market?

Chili in the blender is great....

Yes to the creamed spinach (yum)

Just chew, chew, chew.

Mac and cheese is iffy for some - worked well for me (Pasta can be hard for some)

Mashed potatos (don't do too much of that though - wasted calories) - with gravy if you need it

I also did spaghetti - not al dente at all - mushy - but do not eat it heated up as it gets pastey and sticks.

The refried Beans from Taco Bell are great.

HTH

I will be on going to my daughter's graduation in Florida when I start mushies. Any suggestions for eating out?

Yes mix the PB with the Ricotta cheese..it tastes like cheesecake..I also melted cheese into my refired Beans..with some hot sauce.. Yum

I was under the impression that PB is a no-no b/c it gets stuck in the band?

Don't forget about baby food! Don't laugh! :thumbup: I am only on day 5 post-band and still on liquids but I went shopping last night for my next phase of food. My fiancee and I found all kinds of baby food that I think I could eat. Heck, they are only about 35 cents each and very easy to travel with. Some I would NEVER eat but some sounded pretty good. Also, I bought one of the cheap Banquet frozen dinners, turkey and mashed potatoes (dont eat the peas and stuffing unless you are allowed). I can't wait till I can eat mushies!

Robin

banded 4/22/10

Start wt - 290

lost 5.4 already!!!:smile:

You can have thicker and creamier Soups, and soups with mix-ins, like soft veggies or potatoes that you can mash with a fork. Baked potatoes with salsa and cottage cheese (mash up the potato part), & puddings.< /p>

Dinty Moore Beef Stew run through a blender was my first mushy repast. 200 calories, 10g of Protein. After almost 4 weeks of liquids, it was like a steak dinner.< /p>

I was under the impression that PB is a no-no b/c it gets stuck in the band?

I was told Peanut Butter is alright as long as its smoothed.. I wouldnt just eat it out the container.