Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay I started my liquid diet yesterday and I am using Isopure, I dont knwo if any of you are familiar with this but its a high Protein (50 grams per serving) no carb powder that can be mixed into almost anything (they also have ready made drinks that are only 40 grams per serving). I was wondering if anyone else used this or has her of it:confused:???

If any veterans have any good advice, suggestions about what you used and worked for you and or what might be somewhat drinkable, PLEASE SHARE:drool:.

Thank you all in advance

Okay I started my liquid diet yesterday and I am using Isopure, I dont knwo if any of you are familiar with this but its a high Protein (50 grams per serving) no carb powder that can be mixed into almost anything (they also have ready made drinks that are only 40 grams per serving). I was wondering if anyone else used this or has her of it:confused:???

If any veterans have any good advice, suggestions about what you used and worked for you and or what might be somewhat drinkable, PLEASE SHARE:drool:.

Thank you all in advance

What is this drink mix. Where do u buy it and how much is it?

My doctor recommended Iso Pure. I ordered the drinks on 1/2/08 from A1 Nutrition and called them today and they still have not shipped it. I got frustrated and cancelled my order. How does it taste? I was thinking of ordering from someone else once they refund me my 45 bucks. I also found Unjury which is awsome. They have chocolate, strawberry, chicken Soup and unflavored mix that you can add to whatever. It's really good. And it has just the right amount of protien.

My doctor gave me a list of food and Protein sources for each stage of the post op diet.

There are at least two Isopure. One is a CLEAR pre-mixed drink with 40 gms of Protein and one is a powder.

I was told NOT to use the powder for several weeks post op, but the CLEAR pre-mixed drink was an acceptable way to get protein in.

Many people on the forum do not like the Isopure Clear. I don;t mind it over ice and very cold. They have several flavors.

Even if you don;t love it, if you can tolerate it, it's a great way to get a lot of protein in, especially in the few couple week post op.

I just suggest you don't buy in large quantities until you know you'll drink it.

Even at seven weeks post op, I drink a bottle occassionally to get extra protein in or on days after my fills, when I must be on liquids for two days.

I found it at both GNC and Hi-Health stores it ranges from around $40.00-$55.00 but they have a whole lot of flavors in the powder from vanilla, choclate, Cookies and cream to peach mango, apple melon and even tropical punch.

The ready made drinks come in a varity of fruit flavors also. There is also the Isopure clear ready made version that can go in just about anything.

Well I am glad to know I am on the right track. My brother is a personal trainer and when I told him what I had to do he suggested it.

Shortgal: do you think you could possible email or PM me that list I just want to cover all my bases

My "list" is about 10 pages of info and your instructions could vary a lot, as each Dr seems to have their own requirements.

your Dr. or nutritionist should have given you their specific info.

See here is my problem...you all have a job and an income, I am on SSI (trust me I get less then $10 a month but keep it for the insurance) anyway by the time we pay the rent, we can barely pay the utility bills. Let alone spend $50 for a drink mix just for me. I will have to find out if the VA can supply this while I need it. If not the cost will be a major issue for me...which is why I am concerned that I will not be approved on that fact alone. :tongue:

Isopure is expensive. That is what I prefer to drink over the "milky" Protein drinks. However, you can buy the Isopure powder that is a little cheaper but in my opinion it did not taste as good. Yuck! There are also several other protein drinks at places like Wal-Mart that you could try that are cheaper. The only reason I don't is because I don't like them but lots of people try to mask the taste by making smoothies and adding fruit. Also, if you can make it just a couple weeks with the Isopure, you can get your protein from your mushies with the eggs and stuff. From what I understand, the protein drinks are the most important during the liquid phase when your body isn't getting the nutrients it needs. Not drinking it will slow your weight loss down a bit, but my doc said it is only necessary during the first 2 weeks. I hope that helps!

Designer whey is another cheaper alternative. The big canister of unflavored was on sale, $19.99.

I shuddered at the prices too, but when you start cutting down on the food, and the urge to eat overwhelmes you, packing the Protein drinks in helped to stop those urges. I think I would have failed if I didn't have them.

I'm on day 2 of my pre-op liquid diet. I've been a bit hungry and found myself REALLY hungry after I put lotion on this morning...it's COCOA BUTTER lotion and smells good enough to eat. Do you think it's high in carbs?? :rolleyes2: