Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how much is to much exercise

How much exercise is enough, is it 30 minutes or 45 minutes...or go till you kill over. Should i being doing cardio and strength, or one or the other? Which one will help me more? I'm having problems right now with gaining back some inches, and i have always lost weight slowly.:eek:

swap it up. weights help tighten and cardio shakes it off. don't kill yourself but like 45 minutes a day will definatley be a plus! doing different things also help you shed the lbs quicker!

Curves twice a week (30 minutes cardio) and YMCA twice a week (weight training).

Cardio has always been more fun for me, but I KNOW I need the strength training for muscle tone.

I once knew a girl who DID work out too much--she would go to the gym and get on the cycle for 2 -3 hours and then do her program and then teach 2 aerobic classes! She definitely had issues--but you know, no-one ever told her she needed to cut back, that she was ADDICTED TO WORKING OUT!

Hi,

I'm a slow loser, too! I think we have to really hit it harder. I do cardio an hour a day 6-7 days a week and lift 2-4 days a week, depending on which routine I do. You have to do both to maximize your benefits!

I just saw Bob Greene on Rachel Ray's show and he said that to get health benefits, 3x a week of exercise is good, and for weight loss a MIN of 5 days a week and pref. nearly every day.

The thing is this: my heart is in fantastic shape (54 bpm resting heart rate) and BP is like 118/70. I also sleep great when I work out hard.

Sounds like you're doing great ... you're thinking about it!!!

On days I work, I go in at 5 am and do 50 minutes on the treadmill @ 4.0 mph with the incline btwn 1.0-3.0. I've worked my way up to that. 4 nights a week I do circuit training with weights. Muscle burns more calories than fat. On my off days, I go in for btwn 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs on the treadmill. Same speed/incline. I just want to make sure I get to my target weight as quickly as possible.

The P.A.'s I see say that is maybe a little above and beyond what is expected, but like the results so far. Right around 80 lbs lost in less than 5 mos.