Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd fill ~ Too Tight ~ Less than 24 hours.

I had my 2nd fill yesterday. I think I am too tight. I don't know how much was injected during my first fill, but I don't think it was that much. Maybe 1.0 to 1.5. I asked yesterday, and she said, "It's full now." and "I put in 2.3cc's" ~ I am totally scared now! What does she mean IT'S FULL? I am having a little trouble with my Clear Liquids. Finding that I have a little reflux as well. I sipped coffee 30 minutes ago, and I keep burping it up. I haven't thrown up at all, so I think the liquid is going down. In fact, I know it is because I saw it under flouroscopy. BUT, I am scared that its not going to loosen up like some say it will. I heard that some people's fills don't 'kick in' until 2 weeks. Does that mean that mine could get even tighter? I'D DIE! Please help me. I am trying my best to stay calm. Especially because I live in Sacramento, CA and my doctor is in Mexico. It's a day trip, but still, it costs me a couple bills to go.

Please don't tell me what I want to hear, AND please tell me that it'll loosen up! haha *that doesn't make sense. It's all the brain cells dying from malnutrition. haha

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Dana

Hi Want2be ... I just wanted to know what you finally did? I just got my 2nd fill this past Tuesday and feel exactly like you did. I had little restriction after the 1st and now this is just miserable!! A lot of sliming and PB but can keep down liquids. I don't know if I want to lose it like this. I'm thinking of going in for a slight unfil to be able to at least eat a small portion when going out in public, etc. But if the bad will loosen ... maybe this isn't necessary. What are your thoughts?

I was filled about two weeks ago and am still having a problem getting anything down. This is my 5th fill so I was about 8 ccs out of the 10cc band...which actually can hold 11cc's i found out. Anyway, I was having a hard time eating mushies and had to bring it up. After the few times of mushies getting stuck, i irritated my stoma so bad it swelled up and made everything tighter... i went in to the doctor and he unfilled me the last .5cc's they added.. i still cant eat and am having trouble...it is nice to see the scale go down but it is very frustrating because you want to eat and then it is so uncomfortable. If you feel too tight, get it unfilled a bit, let the swelling go down and try again.

Another thing to think about.....after my fill, i didnt want to go right back to get adjusted because I had my period and was told that when you have your period you are tighter...so wait and see how you do but dont wait to long. Good Luck

Sounds like there is swelling. When you have swelling it is tighter. Eat real slow. I just got my 5 th fill Friday. I am tight , but I eat real slow, it helps so much, after 2 weeks it gets looser. Eat or drink everything slow !!!

hi try not to worry mine i tight but always lossens up make sure you keep taking fluids mine takes about a week followed by thre---four weeks of good lose just keep drinking

wendy

does everyone that has fills experience this being to tight? i cant have my first fill for another 4 weeks and now i am absolutely frightened to have one! i dont want to pb or slime or feel miserable...

Well, I went back for an unfill about 4 days later. Now I think I am too loose. I am going to lose the next 15 pounds on my own without restriction b4 I go back for another fill. It's just a personal thing for me... to see if I can do it. But man, that fill killed me! I was way too tight. I barely made it on the airplane and across the border. Wow, what a pain... But, I am good now. I am trying to eat the most solid foods as possible so I can feel restriction. It's working. My willpower is also working too. I am being a good girl right now.

Thx for all the responses!

I am really confused. I had my 4th fill last week (Thursday) and I have been miserable. I was fine at the doctor's office after the fill and even until the weekend. I stayed on liquids all day Friday like I was supposed to and Saturday is when I started to feel bad. I was even on liquids for most of the day Saturday and that night, I cut a small piece of Shrimp up in about 15 pieces and tried eating it... it came right back up... I was miserable. I thought Sunday, I figured I must not have chewn it well enough. So, Sunday, I made the stupid mistake of taking a pill-my medicine-without thinking and i think it must have gotten stuck because I was really miserable for the rest of the day. Everything I tried to eat or drink came right up. I was in soo much pain. I cant drink anything in the morning. It hurts so bad, I dont care how much I drink. the smallest sip makes me bend over. So, I decided to stay on liquids for a while just to see what would happen. All day Monday through today. I am confused though because i have been reading and I do not know whether I am actually too tight or if maybe I am just a little swollen. I dont want to overreact and go to the doctor for an unfill when it is just that I am a little swollen and a few days of liquids will get me back where I should be. SO,i dont know what to do. I have read soo much on the internet the past few days. SOme things that what I am going through is sign of being too tight and alot of other people talk about how you can be swollen after a fill and to let it rest for a couple weeks. I can drink liquids, just not too fast. I will not eat anything at all because I am afraid I will vomit it up. I did eat some pudding yesterday and must have ate it too fast because it came up. Other than that, everything I drank stayed down but now, I am getting heartburn. I did try some thinned out mashed potatoes last night and afterwards is when i had the heart burn so maybe i went to mushies too soon.. does anyone out there have any advice they can offer? I am scared if it is too tight i will end up doing something to the band...

I am really confused. I had my 4th fill last week (Thursday) and I have been miserable. I was fine at the doctor's office after the fill and even until the weekend. I stayed on liquids all day Friday like I was supposed to and Saturday is when I started to feel bad. I was even on liquids for most of the day Saturday and that night, I cut a small piece of Shrimp up in about 15 pieces and tried eating it... it came right back up... I was miserable. I thought Sunday, I figured I must not have chewn it well enough. So, Sunday, I made the stupid mistake of taking a pill-my medicine-without thinking and i think it must have gotten stuck because I was really miserable for the rest of the day. Everything I tried to eat or drink came right up. I was in soo much pain. I cant drink anything in the morning. It hurts so bad, I dont care how much I drink. the smallest sip makes me bend over. So, I decided to stay on liquids for a while just to see what would happen. All day Monday through today. I am confused though because i have been reading and I do not know whether I am actually too tight or if maybe I am just a little swollen. I dont want to overreact and go to the doctor for an unfill when it is just that I am a little swollen and a few days of liquids will get me back where I should be. SO,i dont know what to do. I have read soo much on the internet the past few days. SOme things that what I am going through is sign of being too tight and alot of other people talk about how you can be swollen after a fill and to let it rest for a couple weeks. I can drink liquids, just not too fast. I will not eat anything at all because I am afraid I will vomit it up. I did eat some pudding yesterday and must have ate it too fast because it came up. Other than that, everything I drank stayed down but now, I am getting heartburn. I did try some thinned out mashed potatoes last night and afterwards is when i had the heart burn so maybe i went to mushies too soon.. does anyone out there have any advice they can offer? I am scared if it is too tight i will end up doing something to the band...

I'm soooo sorry you feel so awful, that doesn't sound very fun! You should call your doctor and ask them for their opinion, if it isn't too far to go you may want to go get a slight unfill. They can take out the tiniest amount and you will feel like a million bucks again! It sounds like it may be worth it and most doctors will do it within a short period after a fill for no extra charge. Good luck.

OK, I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like you irritated your stoma. Eating shrimp on day 3 or 4 may have been too aggressive. Then taking that pill, really irritated it. By irritation, I mean swelling... so then it's even harder to get the liquids down. My advice? Well, go back to clear liquids for a couple of days, onto full liquids and so on. sometime it can take a week for the swelling to go down. If you can get down Water, you're good. You're not gonna die. I'd hold out until the swelling goes down. You may be really happy with the actual restriction you'll have 3 weeks from now.

OK, I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like you irritated your stoma. Eating shrimp on day 3 or 4 may have been too aggressive. Then taking that pill, really irritated it. By irritation, I mean swelling... so then it's even harder to get the liquids down. My advice? Well, go back to clear liquids for a couple of days, onto full liquids and so on. sometime it can take a week for the swelling to go down. If you can get down Water, you're good. You're not gonna die. I'd hold out until the swelling goes down. You may be really happy with the actual restriction you'll have 3 weeks from now.

Thanks... i guess if after about a week or more of liquids and soft foods, it does not get better, then I will go see about an unfill. My doctor is 2 hours away so I really hate to get any Fluid taken out when in reality, I am where I should be, just swollen and irritated. I am at 6.5 cc. They put in .5 at the last fill. I know i was in need of a fill of some kind because I was getting hungry sooner and was able to eat more than i know i should have been. I knew I didnt need alot which is why they only filled .5cc.... Can you tell me why it hurts so bad to drink anything in the morning? And, can someone tell me if the hearburn is a given sign that it is to tight? How will I know for sure if it is too tight?

WOW guys I am really nervous now I am almost 6 months out and I am going for my second fill on 02/21. Does this mean I will have to have that pain again when I eat? I have no idea what the measurements are on my band, I feel really silly guess a good talk with the doc is in order!:confused2:

WOW guys I am really nervous now I am almost 6 months out and I am going for my second fill on 02/21. Does this mean I will have to have that pain again when I eat? I have no idea what the measurements are on my band, I feel really silly guess a good talk with the doc is in order!:confused2:

Very possible..How did you do with the first fill?

Tiff-are you feeling any better yet?

Tiff-are you feeling any better yet?

Well, a little better--not pb'ing as much as I was..as long as I really watch what I drink and eat.. yesterday, i had a 1/2 cup of yogurt for lunch and it made me vomit and i felt horrible the rest of the day..the pain I had was so bad... I would liketo know what causes this pain???? What does it come from so I can try to avoid it!!!!! Maybe it was too thick and irritated the stoma as it was trying to slide down?? So, this morning, I tried to drink a carnation instant Breakfast and it hurt me so bad..for about 4 hours to be exact! I always hurt so bad in the morning if i drink anything. I got some coffee because I was told warm liquids can help loosen the band and it did help a little. I am still doing liquids and mushies for the most part because I am scared to even try anything else. I am still debating whether to get a small unfill or not.. I tell myself I am when I am in the pain but when it goes away, i tell myself..ok.. i can deal with this.. the good thing is i have dropped about 10 pounds this week! So, can anyone answer my questions out there? Thanks to everyone who has so far... i need the tips and advice...