Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help me narrow down mexico surgeon choice

As, I was told by Barbara, if you have already contacted Belite then they will be working through them. If no contact was made you can go direct..(if Belite did work, they need to be paid and they honor that system)

I'm not surprised. That is the kind of person JoAnn is. She will do anything for money! Same reason she puts up all those sites with little content just, "fill this out for information or a quote" Then she will say that a person contacted her first and she wants her money.

Call Dr. Rod here (915) 996-9507 This is his own website joseband.com There is no need to tell anyone that you spoke to someone at belite. Most people research several surgeons before choosing one. So if belite happens to rep someone that also has their own site, too bad! Stay away from them anyway. They are nothing but trouble!

Actually I contacted Belite and got some information but never discussed actually having it done through them. My friend who had the procedure gave me their number and Jessica emailed me some information but that was it and I have not spoken to them in over a month about it nor has she contacted me at all, so I don't know if that is something they would still consider making go through Belite or not...and for the record I don't know that I wouldn't want to go through them I am still researching it out. Is there a price difference if you don't go through Belite and does Dr. Rod's assistant Barbara still make the travel arrangements to and from the airport and stuff like that..or is that Belite thing? I do know that I am almost 99% sure that I will be using Dr. JOSE Rodriguez for my surgery. I have personal knowledge from my friend of him and she liked him and the research I have been doing also says to me that he is good with credible experience. I did call Inamed and they said he was a proctor I think is the word they used...but that it did appear that I had done my research and even though they could not tell me the exact amount of bands that he had purchased that he was reputable. I am also curious about the whole J&J band with it not being the whole realize band and only the realize port. What difference would this make and why wouldn't they use the same band and port? I have heard that the J&J is harder, or should I say you require more fills to reach that "sweet spot" then the Inamed? Can anyone answer that one as well? Does anyone have Barbaras contact information so that I can contact her? Where is she located out of? Thanks you guys for your help.

Someone posted here a month or two ago that if you go through Barbara and not Belite she will give you a price break but I do not recall what it was. A few hundred dollars? I don't remember. The person was claiming that is what they did. I'm not going by personal experience here.

:thumbup:

Well I got a call from Dr. Rod. this evening. I was pretty shocked to say the least. His english was pretty good..although not as good as Dr. Calderon...but still very good. I just can't believe the difference in personal contact with Mexican drs and American drs. The only time I had my american dr call me at home was when there was something really wrong with my lab tests and he called to tell me personally..... Dr. Rod answered my questions and stated that he would have Lupita call me either Sat or the first part of next week to go over everything with me and look at the dates that they had available for the band. I must say so far I am pleased......will let you know after talking to Lupita.......I am getting anxious....nervous......excited...scared....happy......is that possible to be all those at the same time?? Has anyone else had contact with Lupita? HAPPY MOTHERS day to all the moms out there.....

Kelly

I would really like to hear from anyone that had surgery with Dr Arturo Rodriguez. I have come upon some disturbing posts, which may or may not even be true and would really like to hear from folks that have actually used him and what their experiences were.

I do not want to get embroiled in coordinators or other endless arguments about who is righter than who. Just want contact from those that have used Arturo Rodriguez

:biggrin2:I am referring to Jose Rodriguez that is out of Juarez and Acuna. I don't know this first hand just what I have read on the posts but there seems to be some people not happy with Arturo...do a search in the top field and it will come up with all the posts that he is in and you can read for yourself...but Jose Rodriguez is who I will be using...and I personally know a friend that went to him and have talked to him and so far so good. Best of luck in your research.

Kelly

I would really like to hear from anyone that had surgery with Dr Arturo Rodriguez. I have come upon some disturbing posts, which may or may not even be true and would really like to hear from folks that have actually used him and what their experiences were.

I do not want to get embroiled in coordinators or other endless arguments about who is righter than who. Just want contact from those that have used Arturo Rodriguez

Well, as I told you on another forum you really need to do your research, dig for information.

As I told you on another forum there is no ONE good doctor, there are several in Mexico.

I'd stay away from newbies for MD information, they are great about sharing their experiences but if you want the real info talk to people that are over a year out of surgery. All newbies go through a honeymoon stage, they all love their surgeon and they all love their surgery type, we all go through it. People that have been out of surgery for a year or better are usually more objective and realistic, they are done with the honeymoon stage of their surgery.

Good luck to you.

Good advice and I would not need to add anything to it !!

There are MX doctors who don't have disturbing posts about them. Why not use one of them?

This is where the research key !

Sometimes people pick a doc then come on here and find things they find unsettling to them . Thats why its important to research !! Also just because a doc does not have anything bad posted about them does not necessarily mean they are good . By that i i mean a doc could be new and have NOTHING posted about them , does not mean they are "good" . Know what i mean ? Again research is the key !

Mindy

I am having my band dont by Dr. Gullermo Alvarez in july, I am a little scared about the procedure, any of his patients here that can offer some advice.....

I had my surgery done by Dr. Alvarez on March 25 of this year and have NOTHING but good things to say about him and his staff. They went overboard on making sure I was comfortable and treated me with the utmost respect. I highly recommend him. Best wishes with your surgery.

i"m looking at going back to work a week after being banded. it sounds like this should be feasible right? what were your biggest hurdles going back to work?

This is where the research key !

Sometimes people pick a doc then come on here and find things they find unsettling to them . Thats why its important to research !! Also just because a doc does not have anything bad posted about them does not necessarily mean they are good . By that i i mean a doc could be new and have NOTHING posted about them , does not mean they are "good" . Know what i mean ? Again research is the key !

Mindy

Mindy...

Speaking of research, after the ordeal with Huacuz claiming to be a fellow of the college of surgeons I wondered about Arturo Rodriguez. Being an FACS member is a HUGE deal, people go to doctors based on their FACS affiliation because they have to meet so many standards to go there. So I emailed Cynthia Hicks at the Welcome to the American College of Surgeons and Rodriguez may claim to be an FACS member, but he isn't. Here is the email:

>>I've checked our records and I do not believe Dr. Rodriguez is a Fellow of

the College. Thank you for calling this to our attention.

Cynthia Hicks

Supervisor, Credentials Section

American College of Surgeons

Phone: 800-293-9623 or 312-202-5284

Fax: 312-202-5007

Email: CHicks@facs.org<<

Doesn't look like he'll have that affiliation after his name much longer. Of course, he apparently didn't earn it so he shouldn't.

This is a big deal, they don't take this lightly. He can get in a lot of trouble for making those claims.

Mindy...

Speaking of research, after the ordeal with Huacuz claiming to be a fellow of the college of surgeons I wondered about Arturo Rodriguez. Being an FACS member is a HUGE deal, people go to doctors based on their FACS affiliation because they have to meet so many standards to go there. So I emailed Cynthia Hicks at the Welcome to the American College of Surgeons and Rodriguez may claim to be an FACS member, but he isn't. Here is the email:

>>I've checked our records and I do not believe Dr. Rodriguez is a Fellow of

the College. Thank you for calling this to our attention.

Cynthia Hicks

Supervisor, Credentials Section

American College of Surgeons

Phone: 800-293-9623 or 312-202-5284

Fax: 312-202-5007

Email: CHicks@facs.org<<

Doesn't look like he'll have that affiliation after his name much longer. Of course, he apparently didn't earn it so he shouldn't.

This is a big deal, they don't take this lightly. He can get in a lot of trouble for making those claims.

Well isnt that interesting !!!

:biggrin: