Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help me narrow down mexico surgeon choice

Well isnt that interesting !!!

:biggrin:

The "not so great" doctors have to do things like that or nobody would go to them. The good doctors don't have to stoop to those levels.

If ANY doctor COULD have FACS behind their names, that's a big deal and they would. But not when they didn't earn it.

Part of research is verifying affiliations and especially this affiliation. You can't pay a fee and have it by your name, you have to meet certain standards.

But to claim it is kinda tacky when you didn't earn it.

The "not so great" doctors have to do things like that or nobody would go to them. The good doctors don't have to stoop to those levels.

If ANY doctor COULD have FACS behind their names, that's a big deal and they would. But not when they didn't earn it.

Part of research is verifying affiliations and especially this affiliation. You can't pay a fee and have it by your name, you have to meet certain standards.

But to claim it is kinda tacky when you didn't earn it.

I dont think Tacky is the right word !! !

:biggrin:

I used Bajanor Hospital in Tijuana-Dr. Carlos Alessandrini-have had no problems. Had surgery Feb. 2008.Lost 25 lbs already!

I don't think I'd feel comfortable going to a doctor that has been arrested and convicted of insurance fraud in the US.

I dont know how you keep all of these straight . LMAO

I remember what these docs have done but i forget who has done what !

I dont know how you keep all of these straight . LMAO

I remember what these docs have done but i forget who has done what !

It's all burned into my brain. ;o) It will be there for an eternity! HA!

Actually, there are times someone throws me and I have to go look something up. Most times I know the answer.

It's all burned into my brain. ;o) It will be there for an eternity! HA!

Actually, there are times someone throws me and I have to go look something up. Most times I know the answer.

I know it I would have to write stuff down and look it up .

your a novel of info , thank GOODNESS Your here !!

Mindy

index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=167362#167362

icon_minipost.gifPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:02 pm

Post subject: Re: New to this forum considering lap band in TJ icon_quote.gif Hello, I am going to have my lap band done on June 26th in Mexico Hospital Angeles in TJ with Dr Lopez Corvala? I am going through BeLiteWeight.com to make the plans for me.Has anyone else done this? Any feed back on this would be great. I'm starting to worry I'm getting ready to send in my deposit of $500.00

Post subject: Re: New to this forum considering lap band in TJ icon_quote.gif Hello, I am going to have my lap band done on June 26th in Mexico Hospital Angeles in TJ with Dr Lopez Corvala? I am going through BeLiteWeight.com to make the plans for me.Has anyone else done this? Any feed back on this would be great. I'm starting to worry I'm getting ready to send in my deposit of $500.00

My personal opinion? I'd keep looking. At least don't send your deposit until the last minute. No doctor is going to cancel your appt because you didn't mail the deposit this early. If they do, they just don't want you having time to think it through some more. You'll feel locked in after paying your deposit. So sit tight and keep researching.

It's not that Dr. Lopez is bad, it's that many are claiming he isn't the actual surgeon. He has residents do your surgery. I'm still working on verifying this claim. Thing is, I keep hearing that claim over and over again and so I want to try and verify it. There is a learning curve to banding and you don't want to be a part of the learning curve. It's a fact that newbie surgeons have more complications such as slips and erosion.

He is not the most well respected surgeon in the world of bariatrics, there are some ethical issues at the very least.

I just got the skinny on Lopez.

When belite sells a surgery they are selling on behalf of the hospital, not Lopez. Belite contracts with the hospital and not the doctor so their client is the hospital. Lopez is the preferred doctor but if he is not available, if his schedule changes at the last minute, anything like that then the hospital will assign you a doctor. So you are in no way guaranteed to get Lopez if you go through that hospital.

I called the hospital, they are the folks that explained this.

There is no way I'd agree to go all the way to Mexico to have surgery by a surgeon I *thought* I scheduled with just so that I could be "assigned" a new doctor. Not a chance.

Seriously, I'd keep looking if I were you.

Post subject: Re: New to this forum considering lap band in TJ icon_quote.gif Hello, I am going to have my lap band done on June 26th in Mexico and am going to Hospital Angeles in TJ with Dr Lopez Corvala? I am going through BeLiteWeight.com to make the plans for me. Any feed back on this would be great. I'm starting to worry I'm getting ready to send in my deposit of $500.00 :smile2:

Hi,

Has anyone heard anything about Dr. Pedro Kuri in Tijuana, B.C.? I only know one person who went to him and she says he is fantastic.

Just wondering if anyone else had anything they'd want to share.

Thank you!:thumbup:

I started this original thread when I was researching. since then, I went to Dr Aceves in Mexicali and had lap band on 3/31/08. It was a great experience, very professional. YOu will not regret it. If you want to email me personally to be sure that I am not a paid employee, my email address is djpfeilsticker@q.com

Okay...in my last posts I talked about going through Dr. Jose Rodriguez directly. I contaced his office talked to Dr. Calderon and then to Dr. Rod himself....I then talked to Lupita a few days later to go over what I thought was the surgery information...I was asked how it was that I got their number---because of I guess their contract with Belite....and making sure as to not step on any toes....I GUESS!!! well I told them my friend had the band placed and she used Belite but that I wanted to go directly through them (the Dr.s office). Lupita said okay and that she would contact Dr. Rod and finalize everything and get back with me...the next thing I know Jessica from belite is calling me and saying the Dr. called her to set up my band....it's not that I mind...but I was just wondering why they wouldn't want to deal directly with the patient...I know there is a language barrier...at anyrate..it is cheaper then I thought it would be...and I asked Jessica about Dr. Rod doing the surgery..and she stated that if an emergency happened and Dr. Rod couldn't be there they could have another surgeon take his surgeries, but that I would be notified and have the option to reschedule, but that there would be no switching of surgeons as previously stated in some peoples posts without the patient knowing about it.....and that I would know if Dr. Rod was not the surgeon that would be performing the banding.....I asked her this NUMEROUS times and she assured me that it wouldn't happen. I just want a safe procedure done. I don't want the run around and I want to know the facts. I am wondering if because my friend used them (belite) then that makes me an automatic referral for them (belite). I know skinny despises them...and has nothing good to say about them..but it appears that now I will be going through them and am just interested in finding out more and what others have experienced good and bad. Jessica is my facilitator and my friend said she really liked her and had no complaints....so I am not necessarily saying its a bad thing..because I like knowing I am understood and that there was no lost in language type items...especially when we are talking about my health...I want em to KNOW what I said without a doubt. :biggrin2: I received all my pre and post op diets along with my health worksheet...and got my date...June 5th...woohoo. Anxiously awaiting your responses.

Kelly