Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slow Losers Unite!

Well I don't have a flipped port! He said everything looked fine. He agreed that it is protruding a bit but said that that sometimes happens as you lose more and more weight. I am one of the lucky ones (I guess....) I don't carry much weight in my mid section but my butt and thighs....thats another story! I got my fill and am ready for a fresh start again today. I already feel much more in control than the last few days. My Protein was a bit low so I have to really focus on that so I told myself that if I become an anal tracker for the next week, I would reward myself with something that I want....trying to figure out what that will be, not sure yet :biggrin:

The best part....I thought I gained about 2 lbs but I stayed the same and I was just there 2 weeks before. Thank god, I felt so out of control with my eating but it must not of been as bad as I thought since I didn't gain...one more reason I love my band!!!! I think I am going to use fitday to track for the next week or so. Does anyone use this or do they recommend something else?

I have heard a lot of people have quit smoking really easily with Chantix.

It's expensive though. I think it's about $ 200 a month and they recommend that you stay on it for 3 months.

My Chantix was around $ 115.00/month but it was worth it. i feel so much better now, can breath better and i know it is not affecting my heart anymore. Sometimes i will have one with my friends and i fell really bad the next day. i see the difference in how i feel.

i have a question about the calorie trackers online. i went to one and you can't put in the precise portions because i can't eat 1/4 or a 1/2 a cup of anything so the calories are not correct. i have to chose "1 serving" or cup measurements. my serving is nothing compared to a normal serving. how can u calculate the calories in 3 bites of queso & chips, or 4 bites of hamburger, or 2 bites of steak, or 5 bites of mashed cauliflower and broccolli? i have just been writing down what i eat and how much in a journal. i mainly concern myself with my Water and protein( i drink 3 powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury shakes/day with 25 grams Protein each). i know that i am getting less than 1000 cals/day but i can't eat anymore than that unless i eat candy, which i have no problem with. any pointers?? :wink2:

I dont know if I'm really addicted or if it's just a nasty habit. So I'm not sure if medication would do the trick. And I only smoke 4 or 5 ciggs a day. I've been hearing alot about Chantix though. $200 is way too expensive for me. Wouldn't insurance cover it, anyway?

I dont know if I'm really addicted or if it's just a nasty habit. So I'm not sure if medication would do the trick. And I only smoke 4 or 5 ciggs a day. I've been hearing alot about Chantix though. $200 is way too expensive for me. Wouldn't insurance cover it, anyway?

most ins will not cover for chantix but it is worth it to try it. i can guarantee you are addicted because if u weren't u wouldn't even be having 4 or 5 cigs/day, u would be smoke free. are u in denial? I promise it works.:frown:

You can try counting your calories at thedailyplate, or spark people.

I had the same problem. I just cut the calories in half for what they

said they were. You could even cut it into thirds or fourths.

There is a good book you can order from Amazon. It's called the Complete book of food Counts. It tells calories, fat grams carb grams,

and Fiber grams. It has every possible food, frozen foods, fast foods, etc.

So no other doctor will do my fills. Everyone I called either doesn't accept my insurance or say they won't take another doctor's patient. So I'm stuck waiting until March 7 for my next fill. My last fill was back in October so I'm really overdue. And I can tell. I'm still hungry and not getting enough restriction. But I am going on wight watchers for now so hopefully I can keep my eating under control. I've only had 2 fills so far. I know I need more.

On a lighter note, we finally set the wedding date for July 12! So now I have a HUGE incentive to lose the weight! I hope I can do it! I really want to get one of those gazelle things but I can't afford it at the moment. I'll probably get it after we get our tax refunds. I need something that's low impact so I think that will be great! And there are no swimming facilities anywhere near me. Otherwise, that would have been my first choice. I need as low impact exercise as I can get because of my back problems and tendonitis in my shoulder. But my physical therapy is going well so hopefully I will get some relief! I'm going to an orthopedic doctor on Thursday so we'll see what he says about my progress and xrays. Hope everyone is doing well!

NJ Low impact is walking. If you have no aqua fit classes near you all doctors recommend walking. Get an IPOD (if you don't have one) put on a good pair of walking shoes and go for a walk. It may be only 5 minutes at first but before you know it, you will be putting on the miles. I read in the paper today that people that use a pedometer find they are more successful than when they didn't use one. Walking is also cheap. Doddie

NJgirl, that really stinks that a doctor won't take you for a fill if he didn't do your surgery. My doctor does fills for people even if he didn't do the surgery.

I hope you can get that gazelle. It sounds like just what you need. You can try taking a short walk and see if it bothers you anywhere. I have back problems too. My back hurts all the time but I use the elliptical and that doesn't seem to make it hurt any worse at least, unless I do it for over 45 minutes.

Congratulations on your wedding date!

So no other doctor will do my fills. Everyone I called either doesn't accept my insurance or say they won't take another doctor's patient. So I'm stuck waiting until March 7 for my next fill. My last fill was back in October so I'm really overdue. And I can tell. I'm still hungry and not getting enough restriction. But I am going on wight watchers for now so hopefully I can keep my eating under control. I've only had 2 fills so far. I know I need more.

On a lighter note, we finally set the wedding date for July 12! So now I have a HUGE incentive to lose the weight! I hope I can do it! I really want to get one of those gazelle things but I can't afford it at the moment. I'll probably get it after we get our tax refunds. I need something that's low impact so I think that will be great! And there are no swimming facilities anywhere near me. Otherwise, that would have been my first choice. I need as low impact exercise as I can get because of my back problems and tendonitis in my shoulder. But my physical therapy is going well so hopefully I will get some relief! I'm going to an orthopedic doctor on Thursday so we'll see what he says about my progress and xrays. Hope everyone is doing well!

NJ, to keep from eating too much till u get your fill, try doing unjury Protein drinks. It really keeps me from getting hungry. they taste good even mixed with Water. i have started using chocolate soy milk with the choc Unjury mix, yum yum!!! you can mix 1/2 a frozen banana with the vanilla and that is also good. Anyway it is a medical grade whey Protein and it has 20 grams protein/serving and only 100 calories. it keeps me from any hunger pains for at least 3 1/2 hours. I also can't find a DR close by that will take another Dr's patient. the lab at one of their places charges $800.00 for a fill:eek: is that not rediculous, I live 5 hours away from my fill station also, i go to Acuna Mexico for $100.00 and that is with x-ray.

i heard that if u walk 1 hour/day it will reset your weight set point. That is where i am stuck at. The weight i was for years and it fluctuates 4 lbs. i tried that walking but my first mistake was that i did 1 hour my first day:rolleyes2:

Was i ever sore, i haven't done it since. i got the book another forum talker suggested called "New rules to lifting for women" it says to lift heavier weights at shorter reps to build muscle, tone the areas and speed up metabolism. you have a wedding soon so u might want to tone everything by adding some lifting to your cardio. i am also flabby, yuck!!!

i just can't seem to make myself get in the sunroom & exercise. Get this, i have a treadmill, eliptical, gazelle, mini trampoline, Gold's gym machine, exercise balls, a TV w/a DVD player and plenty of exercise tapes. oh yeah i'm borrowing a Boflex right now, so i have no excuse to not exercise:angry:

i'm lazy. i live in a small town so there are no personal trainers to hire.

i rambled enough, ya''ll keep hanging in there, we will all be skinny some day.

NJ, to keep from eating too much till u get your fill, try doing unjury Protein drinks. It really keeps me from getting hungry. they taste good even mixed with Water. i have started using chocolate soy milk with the choc Unjury mix, yum yum!!! you can mix 1/2 a frozen banana with the vanilla and that is also good. Anyway it is a medical grade whey Protein and it has 20 grams protein/serving and only 100 calories. it keeps me from any hunger pains for at least 3 1/2 hours. I also can't find a DR close by that will take another Dr's patient. the lab at one of their places charges $800.00 for a fill:eek: is that not rediculous, I live 5 hours away from my fill station also, i go to Acuna Mexico for $100.00 and that is with x-ray.

i heard that if u walk 1 hour/day it will reset your weight set point. That is where i am stuck at. The weight i was for years and it fluctuates 4 lbs. i tried that walking but my first mistake was that i did 1 hour my first day:rolleyes2:

Was i ever sore, i haven't done it since. i got the book another forum talker suggested called "New rules to lifting for women" it says to lift heavier weights at shorter reps to build muscle, tone the areas and speed up metabolism. you have a wedding soon so u might want to tone everything by adding some lifting to your cardio. i am also flabby, yuck!!!

i just can't seem to make myself get in the sunroom & exercise. Get this, i have a treadmill, eliptical, gazelle, mini trampoline, Gold's gym machine, exercise balls, a TV w/a DVD player and plenty of exercise tapes. oh yeah i'm borrowing a Boflex right now, so i have no excuse to not exercise:angry:

i'm lazy. i live in a small town so there are no personal trainers to hire.

i rambled enough, ya''ll keep hanging in there, we will all be skinny some day.

Thanks nonad! It's good to know I'm not alone in this crazy mess called our healthcare system! I'll just have to hang in there until my next fill!

You said to lift heavier weights and do less reps to tone up. Can you give me an example?

NJ what i mean is to do 5-10 lbs heavier weights than normal for whatever muscle group u are working on. the reps would be 8-12 instead of 15-20 of lower weights. u have to build muscle to tone things up. when the muscles are alive and toned your body shrinks in because everything is tighter. get the book i was talking about, it explains everything. good luck!!!!

I had my surgery 14 weeks ago, I have lost 15 pounds so far. (in fact I was gaining weight). I had my first fill 2 days ago... I am so sad about my weight loss.

I guess that would depend on what you are eating and your exercise.

There are a lot of people (not saying you are one) that eat mashed

potatoes because they go down easy. Staying away from carbs helps

the weight loss, and so does exercising every day.

i got my lap in july started at 205 lost right away im a steady 185 for the last 3 months cant seem to get off plateau, have exercised and firming up as i go so i'm happy about that, also lost lots of inches but no pounds. I find my self eating less than pror band but i can still get down all that junk i love like pizza! chicken and eggs just dont work with me, I feel like im depressed and want those comfort foods!! Its all in the mind cause most times the body isnt even hungry. how many cheaters out there suffering like me????????????