Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady Losers 4ever!

You all are doing so good! Sweet wtg on the no longer obese. And the size 7's! Good job!

I didn't do bad yesterday - oh btw - was that not the BEST superbowl game ever! And my Steelers weren't even playing! I like the Manning boys, they just seem so nice. Eli married his college sweetie and I just think thats nice, none of the Giesel/Jessica Simspon ego for him.

Back to food - I got Subway and ate 1/2 of a 6" - threw most of that up - damn if I can't get it into my thick head that I can NOT do bread! After that I ate shrimp and crablegs - which are great lowfat Proteins but of course I had to dip in butter so .. oh well. I only ate a few chips and salsa and my new thing is sherbert. Geesh I love it. Its so lowfat and low cals!

Nat - I know exactly where you are coming from. I get that in my head at times too, just want EVERYTHING, but then all I really need is a bite or 2 and I'm satisfied. I think thats the coolest thing about this band. I really don't deny myself and still don't gain. I don't necessarily lose by eating whatever I want but I don't gain either.

As for BK - her and dh adopted a cuddly little boy. Isn't that the best! So needless to say we don't hear from her too often.

Well - its the beginning a busy week for me. The family are coming on Friday - my house will have an extra 7 people and a baby. I don't know why I put so much effort into cleaning house, its not like my house is dirty, but of course I do all this deep cleaning stuff and they could care less.

I went to church yesterday and theres 2 of my friends who are overweight and I was darn near close to their size when I got banded so we talk weight and diets all the time. I wore a size 10 pair of slacks and sweater to church and it must have looked nice bc I had several compliments. Anyway they were in the kitchen with me getting a drink and one asked me how much I lost and then what I weighed when I started. I said 231 and now I'm around 166, then the other one laughed and said isn't it funny how when we're overweight we would never tell someone how much we weigh and then when you lose you can. Which is true, and then the 1st one told me she was up to 225, she's only about 5' tall, so I have a few inches on her, actually all 3 of us are between 5" and 5'3" (shorties) so they were just so interested in what I weigh bc they think I look perfect. HA! I said noooooooo... geesh I still have at least 15 lbs to lose. But truth is it made me feel so good and I am really happy with what I've lost so far. Just need to get that tt and I'll feel alot better! :eek:

Have a happy monday.

Sweet- That is fantastic! Wow I think I am getting so jealous, My losing days are over for a while so I think I may have to put this scale away. It is going to make me mojor depressed.

ok Girls lol

So guess what I had a great vacation and things are working out for me I had a good interview .. ( steph) I had a blast at chucky cheese . I think I am on a roll :lol:. Well so I get back to work this morning and guess what my manager calles me over and saids well you know the day you left we had a complaint and it is not good you are on provation and you might be terminated. I said ok so when will i know (trully it hurts but not really) he said I dont know and about the confrence call well its a no go and you will not get any transfer to chicago . I said ok I understand I did tell him thank you and said hopefully you will give me regaless a good refrence I know my work and I never been late he said I know and trust me I dont want to do this . I said you got to do what you got to do and things happen for a reason I said it with a big smile . I know God works in Misterious ways and I am positive things will get even better for me :biggrin:

Anyways girls pls pray for me so I can get the job I interviewd for and will see what happens . emotionally I am confused but things are working out for me got is putting things that were not in order in order and I am finally making my goals come true . and I am so happy for that I know it will not be easy but its so nice to hear people say things will happen for you becuase you been wanting them so bad for such a long time and its true now things are working out :eek:

love ya all for being here in my new life my new me !!

clau:biggrin:

Even though the Patriots didn't win, I agree it was a great game!! We'll be back next year! :lol:

Wow Sweet....Size 7 huh?? I don't ever expect to get that small! My goal is to be a loose size 12 or maybe a 10....only a few more sizes to go!

BK...thanks for checkin in Girl!!

NAT...glad to hear you got yourself back on track! YEAH!!!

STEPH...glad your son did so well this weekend and congrats on the compliments from the church ladies! :biggrin: You Go Girl!!! I'm really impressed w/how many of you are so close or at your goal already!!! Makes me feel like a slacker cause I still have 1/2 way to go, but oh well...I guess our bodies are all different!

Claud....Glad to hear you had a good interview, I will pray that things work out for you!

Going to the gym tonight (workin out w/"the guy") :eek: Need to work off all the alcohol and food from yesterday!! UGH!

ATTN: OPRAH ALERT!!! They're talking about Lap Band today!! (and kids that have had it instead of Gastric Bypass) : )

Good Show!!!

steph- congrats on all the compliments at church! You have been doing fantastic with your weightloss! It's nice to blend in with the normal size girls huh? i finally feel like I'm getting to that point. I will post pics in another 10-15lbs i think. I want a TT too! Sooo bad. I hope it works out this summer for one.

Jill-Don't be depressed, after baby you'll be back on track and more motivated than ever!

Claudi-Wow, I sure hope this chicago job works out for you! What do you do at your job now? Glad to hear you had a great time in Chicago.

VA-hope you had a good time working out with "the guy"!

Tomorrow is my dr. appt. I hope this guy doesn't say something about me being overweight still. i'm so excited to rub it in his face that i'm not obese.

Have a great Tuesday ladies!

sweet- I am a finacial office asst

Ok so I asked my boss at the end of the day so have you heard anything and this morning as well and he said no nothing . So I hate playing this limbo crap lol either they fire me or I am not fired lol I have things to do jajaja Ok so its not that bad in my life since I have things to do in the future I think that what keeping me calm and that God is with me in my heart as well as many good people as you all to keep me from thinking other things .

On the good note I am so Happy I lost 5 pounds on my trip to Chicago maybe being there will make me loose more :)

Nsv I went to go see my tax advisor yesterday oviously I havnt seen him since last year he knows about the surgery and he said did you get a Tummy Tuck also . I started laughting said no why I need one I know that . He is like no you look awsome you look really good and I am pround of people like you that take initiative to do what they want in life to be happy. I was so happy when I walked out of there with a good refund lol and a good complemint. oviously it did put me to think that know I am caring more for what I want in life and what makes me happy and doing it taking a chance :mad:

read you later girls

bev- how are you

boo- call you during the week if I can ok :cake: and again thanks for the talk

clau

hey ladies - whew its a busy week for me. Just checking in to say hi.

Va - I watched Oprahs lapband show - of course they had to make it about teens having it done.

Claud - good to hear you had a good time in Chicago. What reason do they have to fire you? Good luck on the other job coming thro.

Sweet - how's the knee?

I've been at work, I'm trying to get everything done this week so I don't have to go in next week.

Anyone hear from our sweetie, Bman? Guess I better send out an email.

Went to see the surgeon today to talk about my band baby. He was very nice and understanding. He told me there are 2 ways to approach this. We can leave things alone and watch me close. If I am losing too much or gaining too much we can unfill/fill the band. He said all the studies of bari women and preg show no ill effects from weight loss during the pg. (IE bypass ladies that cant do anything about the weight loss) He said the baby will take what it wants and if that means living off my fat that is what he will do. He just said to make sure I am not losing muscle mass, and I need to up my Protein to at least 60-75 gm a day. And take my Vitamins.

He said the second approach is to unfill me now, I will gain and I can start again after I am done breastfeeding.

Option #2 seems like a bad idea to me. I had an awful pg last time b/c of my weight and other things. I had uncontrolled gestational diabetes. I was on insulin etc. I may still have gd this time around but i hoping to control it a little better with my restriction from the band. I know my baby and I will be alot more UNhealthy if I can 60 pounds with this pg.

So I have to talk with dh to make sure what he thinks but for now I have opted to wait to get an unfill until my 2nd trimester and then probably only a partial unfill. I am hoping to gain no more that 20-25 pounds with this pg. With my first I gained 11 pounds and with my second 17 pounds. BUT I was much heavier then.

What do you all think???

Oh yeah, he gave me a power Protein supplement b/c I do not want to be in Ketosis. (can cause brain damage) and I need to eat more carbs thus I cant eat the protein, b/c I can not eat that much. Also just FYI I am no longer trying to lose weight. I am trying to maintain for a while. But I would still like to hang out with you all if that is ok. I WILL BE BACK IF FULL SWING BY CHRISTMAS!

jill- option one sounds good.

steph-knee is worse and i haven't exercised on it at all.

Went to the dr. today for knee and rash from hanging skin! just gave me more motrin and showed me how to do lunges to strengthen my knee. no MRI yet. ugg. well, so i showed him the nasty slimy rash all around my belly button and it's yeast. So I asked what the options are for a Tummy Tuck. And he said he doesn't think i qualify. So i had to pull down my pants and show him how low the pannis hangs and I do qualify for a free TT!!!!! I just have to wait till june and be at 145lbs. a normal bmi. it has to be at least 18 months from having WLS. So i am sooooo excited. He started filling out the form for me and when he got to the bmi question he asked how much i weigh and it wasn't low enough, so he said to come back in May and he'll put in the consult for me!

This really motivates me to get these last lbs off. I am going to really kick it in gear here. i need this. The rashes are painful and itchy.

I was shocked that it was this easy to get them to cover it, I've heard that it's tough, but every question pertained to me on the form. How low it hangs, if i get rashes, had WLS and lost 100lbs or more. So I have just 26more lbs to go.

Wish me luck!

BMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where are you???????????????????????????WE miss you!!!!

Sweet - yeeeahhhh! so happy for you! I'm still hoping my insurance will cover my tt, its those darn rashes that put us in the running!

Jill - girl you better stay with us. I'd be very sad if you left us. We all want to be in on the the band babies. I think you'll be fine following option 1 - just be careful. I can't believe you only gained 11 & 17 lbs with your others. Sheesh - I gained 50 50 and 40 - LOL no wonder I was sooooooo big. I was thinking about #3 the other day, I had to wear a belly band - girdle - to hold my belly up. From about 4 -5 months on, I was so big and my muscles were so stretched out, it actually hurt to carry her. So someone told me about these preg. girdles and I bought 2. I wore them every single day. Are your other 2 kids excited?

I emailed Bman but didn't hear from her yet.

I'm off to clean - mama's coming in tomorrow - along with the rest of them, so I need to get busy.

Hey Ladies...

Jill...I vote for option # 1 as well!

Sweet...that is awesome that insurance will pay for your TT! :) I want to get the flabbies from under my arms removed...man do they swing when I wave! lol

Steph...Let us know when you hear from BMAN

i've got 3 job interviews today...gotta run!!