Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jacksonville, Florida

breyers goes thru well, popeyes Beans and rice are our favorite post lap band meals. they say do not eat rice, we both love white and brown. mark 80 lbs laila 60 lbs since nov 5

Where did all our Jax people go??? Probably like me and always forget to check this thread when on site. Oh well, hope everyone is doing great. I'm having some ups and downs this month...not losing very much; only 6 lbs. down since last month and feeling very much like I need another fill. Scheduled for two weeks from now. Peace and love to all. Would love to hear from some of my fellow Jax Bandsters!!! KKG

breyers goes thru well, popeyes Beans and rice are our favorite post lap band meals. they say do not eat rice, we both love white and brown. mark 80 lbs laila 60 lbs since nov 5

Sounds like you guys are doing pretty good despite the eating of Carbs...what's your secret? Do you work out alot? Eat very low quantity? Etc. Please advise. Thanks. KKG

what kind of prices for fills from this doc in orlando?...I am haivng a hard time finding a fill doc

the doctor I found outside of Orlando who will do fills on patients who were banded in Mexico is Dr. Beltre. I am going down there next week for my first fill. The first time you see him the cost of the consultation and fill is $500 and then any additional adjustment is only $100. He is located in Altamonte Springs.

Where did all our Jax people go??? Probably like me and always forget to check this thread when on site. Oh well, hope everyone is doing great. I'm having some ups and downs this month...not losing very much; only 6 lbs. down since last month and feeling very much like I need another fill. Scheduled for two weeks from now. Peace and love to all. Would love to hear from some of my fellow Jax Bandsters!!! KKG

I am here...now at 4 weeks post op - lost 20 pounds, feeling pretty good although I am still a little sore and lumpy where my port is. Just set up appt for my first fill next Tuesday. I'm a little nervous about one thing - how am I going to get my pills down once I am restricted. I am ok doing them now, but with restriction, I don't know. I guess I will be asking the doc about it. H

Hope all of you guys are good and feeling well.

I am here too!!

Lois, I don't have any problems taking my meds, as long as I take them with plenty of Water and not early in the morning when I am at my tightest. But, if you do find you have a problem, many of the prescriptions are available in liquid form.

I'm here, too...got a fill last month because I thought I was starting to eat and I go back to see Dr. Cywes this Friday. Wondering if a need a smidge of an unfill because with every bite or sip I take I have this awfully LOUD gurgling...it drives my family absolutely nuts. My husband seems to think this is a sign that I'm too tight but I don't really think so. Like Dr. Cywes tells us, I've lost 76 lbs but I'm greedy for more.

Are any of the Dr. Cywes patients going to the Bandster meeting this Thursday night? I'd love to have a chance to meet some of you!

Sue

Hi group! I just had my surgery this past Thursday. Dr C said my liver was huge & he really wasn't very nice about it:sad_smile:. I guess he thought I had been cheating that last 7 days. He was also abrupt with my daughter:cursing: (she is 18) and my best friend about me not doing what I supposed to. He said he almost didn't do the surgery. My daughter assured him that I had not cheated, and frankly... I didn't cheat, I even stayed locked in my house from saturday till Thursday just to make sure I didn't get tempted. Dr C didn't seem to notice that I had lost 8 lbs in the week since my pre op appt, he also told me I was without a doubt Type II, and when they checked my blood sugar before surgery it was 157, several hours after surgery it was 180 something??? I also had a hital hernia. But, I must be a slow healer.. My surgery was at 1030 (took an hour, because of my liver) and I could not stay awake afterwards, I just couldnt keep my eyes open. I didn't leave there till almost 8pm. I didn't have the strange bowel sounds till sat morning. I started my shakes yesterday (sunday), I only had 2 all day & 2 more today, and the last one was at 4pm.

But even now, I feel really bloated up in the belly, not gassy just like swollen & puffy & uncomfortable. My incisions started to ache tonight too, and I feel like chokey in the throat (like there's a lump)... Am I normal? Could I be one of the lucky ones with restriction right off the bat or something?

And, I will be at the meeting Thursday!:coolgleamA: I can't wait to weigh!

I'm here too! Definitely frustrated as I've been on a plateau for three weeks now. I have an appt for my next fill on Friday morning and I've only lost 5 lbs since last month. If Dr. C gets on my case about cheating I'm going to give it right back to him as 90% of the time I make good food choices. I usually struggle to get anywhere close to 800 calories a day and rarely exceed 30 gms of carbs. Yes there are times when I treat myself but they are extremely few and far between. I can eat most anything but usually not very much. I eat off a small plate anymore and can rarely finish what I put on my plate. If my problem is anything it's that I'm not eating enough! I have decent restriction right now. I like that I'm able to eat but not eat to much. I really feel I am at close to perfect restriction for me. I'm going to go in for the fill and maybe get a small tweak but I don't want to be uncomfortable. Both Dr. C and Dr. B have a tendency to over react when they see a slow weight loss. I'm sure they see plenty of patients who try to eat their way around the band, but I'm definitely not one of them. I have a tendency to plateau for a while then I will drop right after my monthly cycle. Don't know why that is but that's the pattern. I haven't started yet this month unfortunately so for once I am actually eager to get started again! LOL

On the bright side! I am now in a size 16 jeans!!!! I get tons of compliments from old and new friends a like and I really feel like I'm starting to look good again. I just wish I could get down to my first goal of onederland. I haven't begun to exercise yet and I'm thinking that may be what's needed to get things going again.

Anyway, that's my story. I would LOVE to try and make the meeting. What time does it start again? Please let me know.

Hugs to all!

Katie

I'm sorry to hear that Dr. C was such a butthead to you and your daughter. That wouldn't have made me very happy either. His heart is in the right place but he can sometimes get way overbearing without giving patients the benefit of a doubt.

It sounds like you are progressing normally. You only had surgery last Thursday. You will probably be sore and feel different feelings for as far out as a month. I had esophageal pain six weeks after surgery I believe due to my hiatal hernia repair. It finally went away but it really bugged me for a while. We all heal differently and at different paces so give yourself a chance to heal. Keep walking as much as you can, keep drinking fluids, take Gas-x for the pressure. You will feel a little better every day.

Congratulations on getting your band!

I'm here, too...got a fill last month because I thought I was starting to eat and I go back to see Dr. Cywes this Friday. Wondering if a need a smidge of an unfill because with every bite or sip I take I have this awfully LOUD gurgling...it drives my family absolutely nuts. My husband seems to think this is a sign that I'm too tight but I don't really think so. Like Dr. Cywes tells us, I've lost 76 lbs but I'm greedy for more.

Are any of the Dr. Cywes patients going to the Bandster meeting this Thursday night? I'd love to have a chance to meet some of you!

Sue

Sue,

What time is your appt on Friday morning? Mine's at 9:45. I'm going to try to remember to bring a book this time! LOL

My appointment is Friday too, but I am at 8:30 am ! The meetings are now at 6pm, but you can come in at anytime. Hope to see some of you at the meeting.

Sue,

What time is your appt on Friday morning? Mine's at 9:45. I'm going to try to remember to bring a book this time! LOL

Karen-my appt is at 8:00 so we'll probably run into each other :blushing: I see KatieBelle is there at 8:45 so we might have our own mini-meeting.

Katie-thanks for sharing the meeting time; I didn't realize it changed to 6:00.

Sue

Hi everyone,I had my 1st post op appt today.Dr C said what ever I was doing to keep it up. I lost 8 Lbs since pre op appt. I 've lost 13 and a half(hey can't forget the half) lol. I was banded the 17th and I'm doing pretty good, still sore some. I've started walking about 4 days now and doing 20 mins and I really think that has helped alot. Sunday I started getting hungry. I know the real test is coming.I go for my 1st fill May 20th, I'm sure I will need it to.I'll try and make the meeting Thurs. Love to meet new people. Thanks:thumbup:

Edited by JOHNST027

Hi everyone,I had my 1st post op appt today.Dr C said what ever I was doing to keep it up. I lost 8 Lbs since pre op appt. I 've lost 13 and a half(hey can't forget the half) lol. I was banded the 17th and I'm doing pretty good, still sore some. I've started walking about 4 days now and doing 20 mins and I really think that has helped alot. Sunday I started getting hungry. I know the real test is coming.I go for my 1st fill May 20th, I'm sure I will need it to.I'll try and make the meeting Thurs. Love to meet new people. Thanks:thumbup:

Hi Tina!

Congrats on getting your band and your success so far! Don't be surprised to hit a plateau two to three weeks after surgery. It seems to happen to most of us, usually right after going on to the mushy part of the post op diet. You are right about the hard part coming up but you seem to be doing well so far. Keep drinking a lot of Water or other no calorie drinks, drink your Protein shakes and eat Protein when you get to real food and the hunger won't be so bad.

Good luck!