Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Janet and ThinnerDenise, thanks for your replies about the salad. The dinner theater is tonite a couple of hours from now. Not sure if I'll venture into the salad or not, my tummy has been churning today and I've already had 4 Mylanta tablets today, so I'm going to need to be careful tonite. Anyway, I'll report tomorrow on how my experience went tonite plus I'll weigh myself in the morning for my weekly weighin to see how I did over the last week, so I don't want to blow anything tonite by overeating.

I have just begun with a group of Delaware banders. Hope to walk at least 3X tims week, usually just under 3 miles in less than an hour. I will adnit I have a tough time getting anything else added in.

Carbs more than calories are my downfall. Seems nearly impossible to keep that to a decent number. Everything else seems to fall into place.

I have figured out that in order to get enough veggies in I need to make that a priority. Tonight for dinner I had a Birds-Eye veggie dish and added a bit of cheese for Protein. Very filling and great flavor.

Weigh in will be Tuesday AM, so anxious to see how I have done in the past week. :rolleyes:

I have a really hard time getting veggies in too. They say Protein first

but if I do that, I have no room for veggies at all.

Carbs cause me to gain weight immediately. I eat high Fiber Cereal before I go to the gym and that seems to be okay. If I eat anything

like rice or potatoes, I will gain a few lbs immediately.

Well, today was weigh day for me at home after putting my scale away for a week and I lost 3.6 lbs, yippee!! This brings my total since surgery of 14.8 lbs plus the 20 I lost pre-op for a grand total of 34.8 lbs gone!!! Guess I'll continue with the once a week weigh in and see how things go for awhile. This lost also put me under 250, which was another milestone for me. I haven't see 248 for a couple of years now!!

Well, I survived at our dinner theater last nite. I ate a few bites of salad, a couple of ounces of chicken and fish, a couple of bites of mashed potato and a bite or two of Pasta and 1 small baby carrot. Oh almost forgot, I also had 2 delicious bites of DH's chocolate cobbler for dessert, this is a chocolate brownie with a scoop of ice cream on top. I have to say this is the first time that I have cheated since surgery, but I kept telling myself that I wasn't really cheating since I only had a couple of bites and I considered this part of my changing lifestyle. (SMILE!!) Also thought my scale might have gone down a little more if it weren't for this dinner last nite, but I'm not going to get down or think about that since my scale went down in the right direction for the week, maybe it will be more next week, even though I can't complain with 3.6 lost for the week, at my age!!

I have a really hard time getting veggies in too. They say Protein first

but if I do that, I have no room for veggies at all.

Carbs cause me to gain weight immediately. I eat high fiber cereal before I go to the gym and that seems to be okay. If I eat anything

like rice or potatoes, I will gain a few lbs immediately.

I have the same problem with veggies. There is only a couple that I will eat. The other night, I took hamburger (ground turk, less calories) chopped up some fresh spinach, mixed spices and onions and made some meat patties. They were yummy. I've also grated one or two carrots in meatloaf.. They really enhance the flavor. Zucchini is another veggie that is easy to eat because it doesn't really have any taste. Add it to spaghetti, chicken dishes etc. It is a good harmless way to get your veggies in.

Denise Where are the pictures ;) Want to see that new baby...

I brought a snack pack of cupcakes to eat before I go to the gym today

It's trainer day and I am going to try and eat some carbs before I go to see if I am any stronger.'

OK Carole aka Dandy is having surgery this morning - group prayer for her:grouphug: safe and speedy recovery

Thin2beme - CONGRATULATIONS 3.6 is great... Those couple of bite didn't mess with your weight - they aren't cheats but treats - We have this rule (Phyl's rule) it's called the 3 bite rule - and that's what you did.

Kari - I like veggies - and my squash is really a slider food - but I do Protein 1st then veggie then rice - I guess I am very lucky I still can eat limited carbs and still lose weight..

Lynn - we have to find that one thing that works for us - some of us can delete most carbs from our diet - I for once can't - I only count calories & protein - The only carbs I count are starches (bread potatoes rice pasta) I don't count carbs in fruit & veggies. I don't eat much bread - but I do have 1/4 to 1/2 cup of starch with my dinner and a snack pack of popcorn.< /span>

Ok I gotta get my butt in gear - I am at work just cking in... TTYL

I just got approval from Cigna and I have been approved! :biggrin2: I have a surgery date of May 14! :thumbup:I am so happy, soon I will see my little ticker go down! :scared2::lol::tongue2: I am sure I will be back here a lot for advice and encouragement. Thanks!:rolleyes2:

After waiting three loooooooong weeks after insurance approval, I finally have a surgery date of May 22! I am so excited and ready to get started. I've been lurking here for a month or so and am so happy I'll soon be able to contribute. Although it's been 8 months since I started this journey, it seems like only yesterday I was sitting in a seminar wondering if this was for me. While jumping through insurance hoops I used the time to research and find out everything I could. Thanks to many of you who are so inspirational, I feel that I've made a wise decision. :rolleyes2:

I just got approval from Cigna and I have been approved! :biggrin2: I have a surgery date of May 14! :thumbup:I am so happy, soon I will see my little ticker go down! :thumbup::lol::tongue: I am sure I will be back here a lot for advice and encouragement. Thanks!:thumbup:
After waiting three loooooooong weeks after insurance approval, I finally have a surgery date of May 22! I am so excited and ready to get started. I've been lurking here for a month or so and am so happy I'll soon be able to contribute. Although it's been 8 months since I started this journey, it seems like only yesterday I was sitting in a seminar wondering if this was for me. While jumping through insurance hoops I used the time to research and find out everything I could. Thanks to many of you who are so inspirational, I feel that I've made a wise decision. :tongue2:

CONGRATULATIONS

:Dancing_biggrin:CATHY:Dancing_tongue:

&

:scared2: DIANE :rolleyes2:

I remember how excited I was when I got my date

I wanted to yell it from the roof tops - I was so completely jazzed.

CONGRATULATIONS

&

:thumbup: DIANE :tongue_smilie:

Yes, I remember how excited I was when I got my date, too. I was out riding around the neighborhood on my scooter when the doctor's office called with the date. My DD & SIL had stopped by the condo. When I got back, they were all sitting there waiting to see my reaction to the big note DH had taped to the screen door with my surgery date on it!!

I think I almost cried!!

Congratulations!!!

We all can relate to your excitement!!

CONGRATULATIONS

&

:thumbup: DIANE :tongue_smilie:

Just a little hello from Me and I'll add my congratulations to Janets!!!

Welcome to Bandster-land... Surgery day will be here before you know it...

:frown: Candice aka Peaches

Hello everyone. I am newly banded 4/ 8 the magic date. I had my 2 week checkup today. I have lost 10 pounds. The doc said to keep on liquids- although I have been eating soft foods with no problem. Wish me good luck in this loss. I just want to feel normal again!

janet, you'll have to pm me your email address so I can send the pictures. I don't even know how to post pictures but my daughter did a slide show that I have learned to forward.

You are lucky you can eat such a variety and still lose weight. My weight loss completely stalls or I gain if I eat starches. (not counting fruits or veggies)

Hello everyone. I am newly banded 4/ 8 the magic date. I had my 2 week checkup today. I have lost 10 pounds. The doc said to keep on liquids- although I have been eating soft foods with no problem. Wish me good luck in this loss. I just want to feel normal again!

23_3_36.gif

Hi! Welcome!

So, two weeks out and doc still wants you on liquids.. I had to do two weeks Clear Liquids, two weeks full liquids, two weeks "mushies" and then transition to normal. The liquid stages are the hardest. It starts to get easier after that. And once you have a couple of fills you'll feel better... restriction helps immensely when it comes to not feeling hungry.

You will feel "normal" again before long, I promise!!

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Congratulations! Keep us posted!

janet, you'll have to pm me your email address so I can send the pictures. I don't even know how to post pictures but my daughter did a slide show that I have learned to forward.

You are lucky you can eat such a variety and still lose weight. My weight loss completely stalls or I gain if I eat starches. (not counting fruits or veggies)

OMG DENISE I JUST SAW YOUR TICKER AFTER I PM'D YOU -

39_5_5.gif

CONGRATULATION YOU MADE IT TO GOAL

e_1_43.gif

OMG I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU

23_28_116.gif

WAY TO GO GIRL

ARE YOUR DANCING AROUND YOUR HOUSE

JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT I AM DANCING FOR YOU.

CONGRATULATIONS - GOOD JOB - HOW FREAKING GREAT - I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU - I AM JUST SO EXCITED...

4_19_3.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS