Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

9:30am.

I'm home now though.

That's a LONG day :cry_smile:

Relax and unwind - I couldn't work those hours - I am up at 5 at work by 7 - leave at 4 - gym and home - in bed by 9:30 - 10 - well with the time change more like 10 - 11.

I did go out for physical therapy for 1.5 right before lunch and then over to the "Friday Social" (nee Beer Bash) for about 30 min. around 5pm. But still...

It's my own fault though. I'm having trouble getting something done that should have been done several weeks ago.

I haven't been on much because I can't tear myself away from my new grandson. He's 3 days old now.

Met with my trainer today and that is always one of my favorite days.

I love working out with him.

The RV park caught my attention...my husband and I live in an RV and travel around the US...we are currently in Miss. at home, but will be leaving soon! We have just started the lap band journey...we are doing the six month diet required by medicare. Have been seeing our family doctor for this and have been to two seminars on lap band surgery. We both want the surgery and think it will be easier doing it together. I like having this link for over 50 and hope to stay in touch...good luck with your journey...Dee'

I'm looking for suggestions to get out of a slump. I'm so close to the 100 pound weight loss mark and I just can't seem to make it. I know I shouldn't complain I've done so well, but its really frustrating.

Anyway, what have any of you've done to break a slump? Presently, I do 30-40 minutes a day on the treadmill and some hand weights and eat between 800-1000 calories a day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't been on much because I can't tear myself away from my new grandson. He's 3 days old now.

Met with my trainer today and that is always one of my favorite days.

I love working out with him.

Denise - I knew thats where you were at :biggrin: No excuses needed :tongue:

I remember when my GS was born - I was 36 and OMG my maternal instincts went in to OVERDRIVE... The first night home (they lived with me) my son & I stayed up with the baby - I think this is why my GS is like my son and not GK cuz for the first 4 yrs of his life he was with me - I

Duweb - You and Phyl will have a lot in common - she winters here in the Desert close to me - they live in their RV here but in a condo at home in WA..

Nip

I know how frustrating that can be - so close but not there - Have you tried to increase your calories a bit - My trainer say that when you hit a plateau you gotta change things up - the kinds of foods you eat etc -

Like with me I do eat a little carbs usually 1/2 c rice with dinner he said for me to eat the carbs for lunch (so that I burn them off when I exercise after work) and for dinner eat Protein & veggies but that I could have my 100 c snack pack of popcorn at night. He also said that eating fish is good for some ppl -

Do you exercise at home or the gym - try some squats using your hand weight - if you go to a gym then try the weight machines - doing weights helps burn more calories than just cardio - or you can increase your incline on the treadmill and walk for 1 hr instead of 30 -40 minutes.

They say intensity of exercise is more important than length of time - (well 2 camps on that subject really) but when I do the treadmill - I do vary my incline from 4 to 6 ..

Speaking of that - it's 7 my gym is open so gotta split - ck back later

When I was 36, I was the mother of a 2 year old. :biggrin: Now I'm the mother of a 16 year old and HE BETTER NOT MAKE ME A GRANDMA!

Dandy (Carol)

I will make a post-it to remember to pray for you on Monday. Here's to a wonderful future! :biggrin:

Thanks Little Debbie, your prayers are much appriciated. I will keep you posted.

I'm getting a little nervous, it's not the surgery itself but going under. 11679.giff?id=11679 And in the same breath I can't wait to start my living again.

Carol

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNfox00036_8_15.gif

NIP, I know it's sounds crazy but eat more one day, like 1200 or 1300 calories and try to make some of the extra calories Fiber ( like a fiber One Bar, or a high fiber Cereal.< /p>

I know it doesn't make sense to eat a little more, but it tends to work. I think our bodies hold our weight as protection, but when your body sees more calories are available, it just relaxes and releases some weight.

Indiogirl and shortgal - Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try and eat a little more this weekend and push a little harder on the treadmill and see if that doesn't help. I do find it really hard to eat more (I've never had that problem before). I figure I'll have to eat more at Snacks to get the calories in. Thanks again for the suggestions.

I have a question. It may kind of sound stupid. I havent had my first fill as of yet and I wont have one until April 29, 2008. When you say restriction does that mean you lose more weight? I am trying to be more aware of that I am full. Is there anyone that is a diabetic? Does anyone have gastrophoresis?I believe it is from having Blood Sugars out of control and it effects your stomach and causes alot of acid in your stomach.

I have a question. It may kind of sound stupid. I havent had my first fill as of yet and I wont have one until April 29, 2008. When you say restriction does that mean you lose more weight? I am trying to be more aware of that I am full. Is there anyone that is a diabetic? Does anyone have gastrophoresis?I believe it is from having Blood Sugars out of control and it effects your stomach and causes alot of acid in your stomach.

Sharon

Can't help with the diabetic question - but I can with the fill.

First do you have some restriction?? What are you eating and how much?

Yes it is very important to really think about when your tummy is full - not your head :biggrin: I still battle this most nights - my tummy will be full but I still want to eat.

You may feel some restriction after your first fill - (fills are different for everyone one by be at their sweet spot on 1st fill some 3rd others 10th - it depends on how aggressively your doc fills and as you lose weight the band will loosen around your stomach and have to be re-tighten)

As to losing weight - that depends on what you are eating and if you are exercising -Losing weight is all about calories in vs calories burned.

If you are eating high fat high sugar calorie laden foods even in a smaller quantity - your weight lost will be slow or maybe none .

Restriction means that you will eat smaller quainty of food 1/2 cup or 1 per meal - which means less calories which will equate to weight loss but you need to make sure you are eating healthy foods and exercisinh - the combination is what will make you lose the weight.

I haven't been online the last few days either, no excuses here, just been being lazy when I get home from work. I have been doing my treadmill 45 minutes every other day, so that's a good thing. I've also managed to stay off of the scale since last Monday so I hope it shows a downward sign Monday morning.

Going to dinner theater tomorrow night, first time since surgery. We have season tickets and go 5 times a year, this will be interesting to see what I can find to eat off of the gourmet buffet. I figure they will have garlic mashed potatoes and some kind of chicken and a vegetable, so I should be ok. They also serve a salad before the buffet which I absolutely love, but my dietician's guidelines say lettuce is best tolerated after 6 months, so not sure if I should eat any of it or not. I haven't had any problems so far getting anything else down, but I'd hate to have a PB at the theater. Has anyone whose only out 4 weeks eaten a salad yet? Did you have any problems?

I haven't been online the last few days either, no excuses here, just been being lazy when I get home from work. I have been doing my treadmill 45 minutes every other day, so that's a good thing. I've also managed to stay off of the scale since last Monday so I hope it shows a downward sign Monday morning.

Going to dinner theater tomorrow night, first time since surgery. We have season tickets and go 5 times a year, this will be interesting to see what I can find to eat off of the gourmet buffet. I figure they will have garlic mashed potatoes and some kind of chicken and a vegetable, so I should be ok. They also serve a salad before the buffet which I absolutely love, but my dietician's guidelines say lettuce is best tolerated after 6 months, so not sure if I should eat any of it or not. I haven't had any problems so far getting anything else down, but I'd hate to have a PB at the theater. Has anyone whose only out 4 weeks eaten a salad yet? Did you have any problems?

Terri

It's now Sunday morning :thumbup: so I am a little late in replying - I was out last night - Week 4 I was on soft food - but I have never had a problem with lettuce

How did the evening go

I was on liquids for 4 weeks, mushies 4 weeks, no fresh fruit or vegetables including lettuce until after 8 weeks. I would imagine

lettuce and other fresh fruit and veggies are harder for the stomach

to digest.