Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I ate real fast last night and scared myself. Thought I was going to choke I stopped and relaxed until the feeling went away. Has this happened to anyone?

Yes, that happens. Have to slow down.... small bites, eat slow.

Stop when you start to feel full.

Almost 2weeks post-op, can anyone tell me how long the port site is sore and alittle swollen. I still have discomfort around this area and it feel like a small ball, is this normal?23_33_7.gifI also thought the port site was more to side above your hip. Guess not.

IndioGirl55: Thanks ror the tip on the Ticker site. I have been looking for help on this sence 2006. So I put mine up, lets see if it goes threw.

Shirley...

That's your Port your feeling. I was sore for about 3 weeks. It depends on you, and what your surgeon done.

I had Lymph Nodes cut out from the groin, "did that hurt!" hernia repair, then the band. So what was to be a simple 30 minute surgery

turned into 4hrs. on the table. So it's different for every one.

Put on some comfy PJs, fluff up some pillows, and relax a while.

You just underwent surgery, give yourself some time to heal. You'll

know when your feeling up to snuff. Shirley

When I feel full, I feel full the same way I did before. My stomach feels full. When I feel like something is stuck and didn't go down, that's when I feel it in my chest.

I have been battling head hunger a lot these last few days. I am sure my band has loosened up quite a bit. I remember when my band was really tight, I didn't have the head hunger because I just felt so darn full all the time. I don't want to get a fill though because it was so hard to get it perfect. If he puts in the tiniest bit of too much, I will be in trouble.

I am going away for 3 weeks. After that, I may talk to the nurse at support group as to whether or not she thinks I need a little bit of

a top off.

Yesterday I lost a very dear friend to lung cancer. She was diagnosed right after Katrina hit New Orleans while undergoing tests to give her sister a kidney. She had been fighting the battle ever since. I'm so upset that I can't be there with my best friend, her sister, to hold her and tell her I love her. I've cried until there are no more tears, but it just hurts so bad. They are in Baton Rouge and I'm in Ga with a husband that is too sick to travel right now and I can't leave him alone.

I'm sorry to be so down, but I just needed to talk and I know ya'll are always here to listen. Thanks for letting me lean on you...

I am sorry about the loss of your friend. I am a hospice volunteer and I truly believe that the patient can "feel" all the love and prayers that are sent to her/him. We can "visit" in memories. One day, you will think of her and smile through your tears. That's when you know you are healing. Your friend is already fine, out of pain, and sending back love to you.

I hope I didn't offend anyone with my spiritualism. If so, sorry. I respect all beliefs!

Is there a phone #, email, or address to talk or wright to someone?

I'm sure they know how you feel, especially if you were close.

Her sister, i'm sure would understand how you feel. I mean she is the one who received her kidney. "The gift of Life." So in a sence she lives on. Wich I think

is great. I'm sure you know your friend is free now of that terrible desease, and she is better off. NO pain, No suffering. You've the right

to greeve, and you will. I only wish you well, and I hope you know for her sake. "The worst is over." Shirley...

Shirley and jbflorida,

Thanks for your replys, they really mean a lot to me. Since my post I have talked with my daughter and ganddaughter in Texas, and my son is staying with us tonight. I also talked, laughed, and cried with my best friend (Pat) and she understands why I can't be there. She knows my love, heart and mind is with them. We also planned a trip to Vegas in July to Celebrate Sandra's life. Sandra loved the slots! Again thank you for your love and prayers. You are the greatest!

Teresa

Teresa, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost a very dear friend 10 yrs ago this July to cancer and I still sometimes things happen that remind me of her and the laughs we had. Thats when I thank God I had a friend like her and that she still can make me laugh and be happy.

My prayers are with you.15_3_36.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNfox000

I am very sorry for your loss. I have only two very close friends and one recently had a 5 by pass heart surgery. I was very afraid I was going to lose her.

It's scary to think we are getting to the age that we will start losing friends.

My heart goes out to you Teresa.

Carol and Denise,

Thank you for thinking of me and sending me prayers. I knew I could count on ya'll to lift my spirits.

I spent a week with Sandra & Patsy in November and Sandra told me then not to wallow because she was ok with it. I just have to remember all the laughter and good time we had.

Yesterday was just really hard, and I know I will have bad days in the future, but also I know she's happy and pain free, and that's what matters most.

Again thanks to my Lapband family!

Teresa

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It is especially hard when you can't be there to comfort others. I may be a bit forward, but I am sure all of us here will be glad to listen and let you lean on us. I know I will.

I lost my sister suddenly this past JAnuary and still am grieving. My heart goes out to you. and my prayers are with any and all of us who have lost loved ones.

Eating fast is a "pain", literally. I find the best thing to help is get up and take a short walk, even if just to another room and back if you are at home and if out to eat, excuse yourself and walk to the bathroom. It helps me. I hav always been a fast eater and am still learning to eat slower, but chewing alot does help slow me down. If I think about it I will take 30 mintes to eat a small meal, 1/2 cup each of meat and veggies.

right now I am eating more, not feeling any restriction the onlt thing that keeps me from over eating is if I eat too fast..and I hate that feeling.

Hopefully a fill this Friday..

Hi everyone,

I'm 6 week out from surgery and love it..nice to have an over 50 group. I've lost 17 lb's and going for my first fill on May 8... I will be sure and let

you know how it goes...I am a newbie, and still in awe of this band thing

Lu