Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Good day Ladies.

I've had a couple of really good days food wise.

I got another fill on Monday Mar 3rd and I think this MIGHT be it!!!!!

I can hardly eat anything and get full SO fast.... YEAH!!!

Maybe I'll be posting some losses this week finally... I can catch up to you I know I can

Peaches

Glad to hear you have restriction -:eek: it is a good thing :blink:.. And glad you are making good food choices that's even better:rolleyes:

How's your Mom doing??

Ok Where is everyone - this thread has been so slow lately...

OK I will start - Here's my day..

I am doing good - lost 1 lbs this week (for you newbies - i only get on the scales 1 day a week and that's thrusdays) I went and exercisesd tonite 3.5 miles treadmil in 51 minutes various speed from 3.5 to 4.0 and incline 1 to 4.

I am going to start working with a trainer on Monday if he get's back in time if not then Wed for sure - I have really only been doing the treadmill since July - I have gone over to the weights but never really made them a part of my workout

This is my non--food reward to myself is to get a trainer for a month work with him for 2 twice a week for 1 month - this way I will find out what I need to do in the proper manner to get strong. They say the more muscle you have the more calories you burn and Ladies I want to burn calories - so I am going to build a big furance and burn the crap out of them... :blink::lol:

Menu for dinner will be 4 oz of baked catfish - veggies spinach I think - and I think 1/2 cup Pasta cuz I am out of rice - oh I have some mex rice left from last night.

Then I gotta see who is getting kicked off Idol - David Archuleta is my pick for the winner this year - or David Hernandez - the girls suck this year - I like a couple of them - but none of them really stand out yet.

Ok - quit lurking everyone - let's talk.. What's up with everyone - share your highs & lows ...

I'll share - My husband walked out on me last Friday. Had no idea where he was. He came back today and we will have to work on it. The reason I am sharing is because I am proud of myself --- I did not turn to food and binge in fact I lost 4 lbs. I also bought myself a dozen roses instead of junk food. I am proud of myself

PS Now that he is back I DO want to binge lol But I won't

I'll share - My husband walked out on me last Friday. Had no idea where he was. He came back today and we will have to work on it. The reason I am sharing is because I am proud of myself --- I did not turn to food and binge in fact I lost 4 lbs. I also bought myself a dozen roses instead of junk food. I am proud of myself

PS Now that he is back I DO want to binge lol But I won't

Misty

OMW I am so sorry to hear about your troubles - but I to am so proud of you for not hitting the fridge - pantry or fast food - for whatever food was your prior drug of choice to drown your sorrows with

Hope you guys can work things out... Again Proud of you for not turning to food that is a BIG ACCOPLISHMENT - BE PROUD :blink:

I finally lost the weight I gained over the weekend.

Janet, you should love working out with a trainer. I hate cardio but I love weight training. This month it is 4 years since I joined my gym. I love the solid muscle in my thighs. This is the first time in my life my thighs don't stick out farther than my hips.

I love my band too! For 3 years I was going to the gym faithfully and not losing weight. Everyone at the gym thinks all my hard work is finally paying off, but they don't know that it's the band that made me turn

the corner.

Misty I am so sorry to hear about your troubles too. It seems to me that you live close to me, if I remember correctly.

You should be very proud of yourself for not turning to food! When I am stressed, I turn to chocolate but I am working on that.

Have a question. I had my first fill yesterday afternoon. I found out they put in 3.0 saline at time of surgery Jan 24, 2008. I now have a total of 5.6. The doctor mentioned he might me able to put more in, but it was my first fill and being close to the weekend he did not want to get me in trouble with a overfill. I drank Water before I left and felt fine. I still feel great. Had no trouble taking my pills this morning. I am on liquds for 24 hours and then mushies and then work back to my salids slowly. I really do not feel any different. Is this normal?? I was thinking maybe I really won't feel restriction until I start to eat reqular food. ?????

I was also told my port is tilted a little but nothing to worry about????? If it was nothing to worry about, I wish they had not told me.

Dianne TX

Have a question. I had my first fill yesterday afternoon. I found out they put in 3.0 saline at time of surgery Jan 24, 2008. I now have a total of 5.6. The doctor mentioned he might me able to put more in, but it was my first fill and being close to the weekend he did not want to get me in trouble with a overfill. I drank Water before I left and felt fine. I still feel great. Had no trouble taking my pills this morning. I am on liquds for 24 hours and then mushies and then work back to my salids slowly. I really do not feel any different. Is this normal?? I was thinking maybe I really won't feel restriction until I start to eat reqular food. ?????

I was also told my port is tilted a little but nothing to worry about????? If it was nothing to worry about, I wish they had not told me.

Dianne TX

Even though you can drink when you leave the office, sometimes you can get some swelling after a fill for a few days, so they like to be careful, not to overfill. You might not be tight enough or you might feel a difference ( of varying degress) once you start eating solid food. Just go slow trying foods to see what goes down well, to be sure you don;t get stuck.

They probably told you about the port, so if anything changes you'd be aware and ports can move a bit as we loose weight, so they might be waiting to see how that goes. Revisions to ports can be made. I've seen posts about it on the forum, I don't think it's a big deal, if that have to do that.

Thanks for the info. I can't tell you how excited I was to get my first fill. I can say this whole lap band procedure has really gone well for me so far. I am loosing, maybe not as fast as I would like, but I really feel good about my progress. Thank God for this site, I have learned so much.

Dianne TX

This is a great site. I will be banded on the 19th of March. Took over a year to get my approval now things are going very fast. I enjoy this site and look forward to reading your success stories.user_offline.gifreport.gif

Dianne TX

It is normal not to feel restriction until you have had many more fills. Depending on the size of your band... 4 cc???

or 10 cc size???

Personnaly, I have a 10 cc band and currently am filled to 10.75 cc's . It holds up to 13 cc's..

I have been banded since July and am just now reaching restriction. I have had to learn patience!!!

I've only lost 15 lbs since banding.... argh!! :tt2:

Hang in there! Tilted port is also not too much of a worry, you'll just need a skilled fill nurse. Mineis also tilted a wee bit and has not posed a problem for me or the nurse.

:tongue:

It's nice to hear your port is tilted a little. Makes me feel better. I sure hope I do not have to wait for many fills to fell restriction. But if that is what it takes I'm in this for the long haul. I have to get better with walking. I am sure that will help. The weather is starting to turn nice which will help. Thanks again for your input.

Dianne TX

A lot of people don't feel any restriction until they get several fills. There are a lot of people who complain about that. Some doctors are afraid to be aggresive with fills, especially if you don't live close to their office.

And getting fills that = true restriction can take forever! In hindsight, I think there's a grand-er plan in effect. It feels like for the first year, I used 60-80% willpower instead of band help. It was frustrating...but a year and 1 month out now, and probably 12-15 fills later (stopped counting), I finally have the restriction that most banders have been talking about! Just a few, like 4-6 bites starts feeling full, and I cannot even think of soft breads, rice or Pasta. So...maybe, that first year was really designed to make me use my restraint, my willpower, my brain...forcing me to make the correct choices...making my behavior become habit. Anyone else feel this way? Because now, (after the last fill) weight loss is starting up again for me, and is pretty much effortless. I am full...ALL the time. And I've pretty much lost interest in food, due to that fact. It's great. Let's hope that continues!

I finally lost the weight I gained over the weekend.

Congrats! That must feel great!!!

Janet, you should love working out with a trainer. I hate cardio but I love weight training. This month it is 4 years since I joined my gym. I love the solid muscle in my thighs. This is the first time in my life my thighs don't stick out farther than my hips.

Ditto to this! Except the cardio...I am a cardio addict. Trainers can be very helpful at different stages. I just thought I was having effective workouts, and knew my way around the gym until a trainer nabbed me and worked with me for an hour. She made muscles hurt that I didn't know I had! They know how to shake things up, and put you outside your comfort zone. And with all the machines and gizmo's available, correct form is hard to remember.

I love my band too! For 3 years I was going to the gym faithfully and not losing weight. Everyone at the gym thinks all my hard work is finally paying off, but they don't know that it's the band that made me turn

the corner.

Isn't that so true? I've belonged for 4 years (not perfect attendance, albeit). Even went at my heaviest, but it never made me lose weight. Only when combined with the band and 'dieting', did the exercise really start to reshape my body.

quote]

Ok Where is everyone - this thread has been so slow lately...

OK I will start - Here's my day..

I am doing good - lost 1 lbs this week (for you newbies - i only get on the scales 1 day a week and that's thrusdays) I went and exercisesd tonite 3.5 miles treadmil in 51 minutes various speed from 3.5 to 4.0 and incline 1 to 4.

I am going to start working with a trainer on Monday if he get's back in time if not then Wed for sure - I have really only been doing the treadmill since July - I have gone over to the weights but never really made them a part of my workout

This is my non--food reward to myself is to get a trainer for a month work with him for 2 twice a week for 1 month - this way I will find out what I need to do in the proper manner to get strong. They say the more muscle you have the more calories you burn and Ladies I want to burn calories - so I am going to build a big furance and burn the crap out of them... :tea::lol:

Ok - quit lurking everyone - let's talk.. What's up with everyone - share your highs & lows ...

Thanks for the update! I love hearing about everyone's exercise goals, routines, successes, etc. Do you think it would be a good idea to have our own exercise thread for us 50's bandsters? Our routines may be different/unique, rather than the exercise thread elsewhere. We could make it like an accountability/motivation thread...think that would help??