Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I've been away from the computer for a few days - just trying to get the Christmas stuff done. Taking a week or so for surgery and recovery really cut into the prep time! I've been quilting all afternoon - finishing up a wall-hanging I'll be giving to our DIL. I must admit its been fun to be back in the studio doing what I enjoy most.

The scales do not show a loss since last week, but my clothes are getting looser. I've been tracking my food and I don't think I am getting enough calories, between 600 - 700. Just not hungry, and more than satisfied with very small amounts. I am pushing the Protein, drinking the Water, doing all the right things. Since my clothes are looser and I have more energy - I've decided its okay.

Flowers, you have a great trip planned. I know you will have fun in NYC and on your cruise.

Thanks to all of you for your kind condolences. We are doing okay. We do have Jack (2 year old sheltie) and he is getting lots of extra lovin' these days. He misses Abbie- has resorted to trying to play with the 11 year old cat, who is not particularly inclined to play with him, as that would involve getting off the couch. As soon as the weather warms up a bit and the ice melts Jack and I will venture out for walks and some ball playing. That will make both of us feel better. The good thing about KC winters - it does get cold, but warms up quickly to a tolerable temp for bundling up and walking outside.

Christmas week is here - enjoy these days...

Nice to hear from you, JoAnne...sounds like you are doing good and that the band is working for you. Wish I was your daughter in law. I love quilted wall hangings. I collect quilts (do not make them though). I have a friend that does quilting and I love each one that comes out of her shop.

Pretty much ready for Christmas at our house. Floors are all scrubbed, gifts are wrapped, plans are all made. Just have some baking to do which I thoroughly enjoy. Have everything planned out to bake tomorrow. Have one last day of volunteering at hospital on Tuesday and will not go back to the job until about March 1.

The only way this Christmas could be better would be if our youngest son (25) could be home. He just started a new job in Atlanta a few weeks ago and just didn't work out for him. He is starting up a flight school from the ground and also flies charters. Will see him sometime in Jan. so at least we have that to look forward to.

Happy to hear that you and DH are doing better with Abbie's passing. It's never easy but lucky you have Jack to keep you occupied.

Hey everyone...this thread has been very quite all weekend. Hope you are all doing well. Our blizzard finally let up after two days. Snow plows went by not too long ago. Snow predicted again on Tuesday. Don't really mind it...just want everyone to get to their Christmas destinations safely. Have a good night and sleep tight!!!!

JoAnn, I'm so sorry for your loss. My husband and I have made the decision today to have our little dog put to sleep tomorrow. She is 14 yrs old. She has a liver problem, trouble walking due to back problems. Its hurting so bad, but...we love her and want her out of pain. She is a Dachshund, name is Abby also.

Pj, I am so sorry about your Doxie. We have two now and have had 8 doxies since I was 10 years old. I love them and know it is a hard decision. My thoughts are with you. Dot

JoAnn, I'm so sorry for your loss. My husband and I have made the decision today to have our little dog put to sleep tomorrow. She is 14 yrs old. She has a liver problem, trouble walking due to back problems. Its hurting so bad, but...we love her and want her out of pain. She is a Dachshund, name is Abby also.

PJ, will be thinking of you today. Never easy to go through what you are with your puppa. We love our baby and cannot imagine what you are going through. "Hugs"

My thoughts are with you today. I had the same choice to make a few years ago, my Maxie was 17 1/2 years young. God Bless!

Charlene, Indo and all, Thank you for kind words. You all encouraged me and I made an appointment with my dietician (the best $35 I have spent in a long time). One of you had also told me to use Fitday, so I was able to pull up my meals for her. She helped me re-plan my meals and Snacks and I feel very much back on track. I wouldn't have done it without your encouragement. One thing she told me that was a great idea is to get some lean honey ham and have it for a snack when I am hungry instead of my loved Slim Fast. One-two ounces really does the trick to help my sweet tooth! Thank you all again. Dot

Dot - I am so happy for you - I like the brown sugar ham 5 slices like 50 calories.

PJ - Hugs :smile:- Hugs :( - I am so very sorry for your loss - especially this time of year - :wink::girl_hug::wub::girl_hug:

PJ,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. We are in the same position. I posted here last week regarding our 16 yr old dog, Molly. We took her to the holistic vet this past Thursday. It's just a matter of time. She is falling a lot now. She had an acupuncture treatment which seems to have helped a little. She still eats really well.

I'll keep you and yours in my prayers. It's a tough decision but they have been our friends and they depend on us to make the right decisions. We are here for you!

PJ,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. We are in the same position. I posted here last week regarding our 16 yr old dog, Molly. We took her to the holistic vet this past Thursday. It's just a matter of time. She is falling a lot now. She had an acupuncture treatment which seems to have helped a little. She still eats really well.

I'll keep you and yours in my prayers. It's a tough decision but they have been our friends and they depend on us to make the right decisions. We are here for you!

Hockeyson...so sorry to hear of yet another puppa that is sick. Thinking of you and hope she does well!

Thank you all for your kind words. You are such good friends, even tho I don't chat with you much, I do read everyday. Hockeyson, I'm sorry to hear about your baby too, will be in my prayers. I think you are all GREAT !!

Hockeyson...so sorry to hear of yet another puppa that is sick. Thinking of you and hope she does well!

Apples2, Thank you for your kind words! It's been a really tough day for Molly. I just pray she makes it thru the holidays. She has been such a good friend to all of us. I also have a 12 1/2 yr old sheepdog mix who is a cancer survivor. His lft front paw was amputated 11/07/07. He's a trooper and loves Molly like they were litter mates. I just pray when she goes that he doesn't follow. I don't know if I could take it right now.

Apples2, Thank you for your kind words! It's been a really tough day for Molly. I just pray she makes it thru the holidays. She has been such a good friend to all of us. I also have a 12 1/2 yr old sheepdog mix who is a cancer survivor. His lft front paw was amputated 11/07/07. He's a trooper and loves Molly like they were litter mates. I just pray when she goes that he doesn't follow. I don't know if I could take it right now.

I just wanna cry!!!!:smile:

Another 1.4 lbs gone forever! I still can't believe how the weight is just coming off week by week. Thank you Looosssiiieee!!!

Fran

xo

Hockeyson - my thoughts and prayers for the whole family. We realize how precious our 4 legged friends are everyday and knowing they are hurting just makes us sad. I hope your baby is comfortable and makes it through one more holiday season with her family.

Best we=ishes..