Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, Newbie from Tx

Yeah Texans! I am way out in East Texas and was banded on Tuesday. Let me know if I can help!:rolleyes:

Hi,

I started the process in November. I should be eligible with my insurance approval to have the surgery at the beginning of May. I'm excited and I am encouraged by the support I see here. I'm in Texas outside of Dallas a little ways.

Howdy all you Texicans! I'm 7 months down the road and have a co-worker who was banded by my doc last Wednesday, and another good friend getting banded on Monday by another doctor. For something that I didn't know existed a year ago, this has certainly snowballed. There is a wealth of experience on this forum. We've ALL been where you guys are. I read like a fiend the 30 days before my surgery and was, if anything, over-educated. Better to be over-prepared than under-prepared.

First time posting . I am going to be banded on jan 29 ! I cant wait. I have been waiting awhile for the insurance to accept my claim.And I just got a date! Any support would be great. I have no family around and no friends around here.And my husband just dose not understand what I am going through right now.I am happy and scared at the same time.

Hi I'm mIchelle and i hope to be banded the same day, so we have to stay in touch! I will call the Dr next week to see if the will sch. me. I just need the date and I can relax and really focus on my preop diet. I have the approval.. So Nice to meet you..:smile:

Doing the 2 week liguids and stuff now. I am so excited and kind of scared too you guys. I live in Texarkana Texas..

I have been reading the post and they give so much encouragement. You guys are so good for one another and I am glad you are going to be here for me. too.

Such a great place to get questions answered and share experiences...I am just so excited and so hungry right now! :smile:

I invite any help/tips and would love to meet people in my area...

Thanks,

Dawn

Congratulations and good luck to all those with their surgery dates!!!! How exciting! I have 6 more days on my supervised diet. My center says they will submit my paperwork to ins. co. next Mon. It is weird because I am afraid I will get denied, but then if I think about getting approved, I get very nervous also. Weird I guess. I am in Texas also. I live near Dallas.

I am only on my 5th day of my Pre-Op liquid diet. Still have 10 more days to go. I am soooooo hungry. I try to keep busy, but I can't seem to keep off this websit. I do have a question, for those that have already been banded. What suggestion can you give to help with the pain you had once you got home after surgery. If you have any advice you can offer, to be perpared I would love to here from you.

Dianne

Band date Jan 24, 2008

I know what you mean about being scared, but my insurance is BCBS federal side, and I didn't need pre-approval. Thank Goodness for that. I just needed to meet the criteria and then my doctor set my date.

I am going to have my surgery in Texarkana with Dr. Keilin. She is at Lap Band Surgery Texarkana- Serving Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana

Thanks for all your support its been great! jvance74 wow that is great!!! i would like that to happen to me . Has is been hard for you to go through these past weeks?

Believe it or not, it has not been near as hard as I thought! I stopped liquids yesterday, Thank god! I started mushy food today and I had 3 oz of tuna w/ low fat mayo and I feel stuffed! I have lost as of today 22 lbs and I was banded a week ago. I walked for 52 minutes yesterday and that was a great accomplishment for me! I have 60 more lbs to go! I get my first fill in 2 weeks! Pipa keep me posted on your progress, You can do it!

It was also my first day without a diet coke. It was not easy but I made it.

OMG life without Diet Coke. :( I'm dreading that!!!!!!!!!!!