Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started off needing to lose 86 lbs and have lost 29 lbs so only have 57 lbs to go. Sounds easy doesn't it... NOT! First loss was easy, now the hard part has kicked in. Still walking every day and thinking about what I'm eating... way too much for sure. My 2nd fill is next Wednesday and I'm hoping that will help.

I just went to support group tonight have lost 22 pds, and down 4 sizes in jeans I was actually excited to go shopping last wkend. I only have about 55 -60 to go I think.

Hi great thread...

Don't you just LOVE the new look of the boards?

I usually hang out on the Lucky 7's board... those of us banded in JULY 07. Its a great gang, but I think I'll like this thread too.

I am plugging along, havn't lost that much to date. Waiting for my re-vision surgery date... (my band is leaking saline to I don't know where!)

Havn't got any restriction, so most days I am just fighting with my cravings but trying to maitain a healthy varied vegetable included diet...

I am a total newbie - so whats a "pb"?

Productive burp - it's something that happens when your food comes back up - it's not like throwing up more like burping up but can be more forceful than a burp but not gut wrenching like throwing up..

Weight-loss surgery, band-specific, and general medical terms:

PB: "productive burp" -- what happens when something eaten can't go down due to restriction has to come back up

NSV: Non-scale victory -- a weight-loss achievement that has little to do with numbers

WLS: Weight-loss surgery

MO: Morbid Obesity (or morbidly obese)

BMI: Body Mass Index

GBP: Gastric bypass surgery

RNY: Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery (the most popular type of bariatric surgery)

DS: Duodenal switch (another type of bariatric surgery)

BP: blood pressure

PCP: Primary care physician

GP: General practitioner

NP: Nurse practitioner

PA: Physician's assistant

BC: Birth control (or BCP: birth-control pills)

OTC: Over the counter (i.e., non-prescription medications)

NSAIDS: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (a class of painkillers--which includes ibuprofen--bandsters should try to avoid because they can add to ulcer risk).

AF: "Aunt Flo" -- menstrual period

GERD: Gastro-esophageal reflux disease

#/#/# in signatures: weight pre-surgery/current weight/goal weight

And some general abbreviations used here and elsewhere on the web, not related to banding or weight loss:

LBT: LapBandTalk.com -- this wonderful place on the web!

OH: Obesityhelp.com -- another support site, with message forums

BIL, SIL, ILs: Brother-in-law, sister-in-law, in-laws

BTW: By the way

DH: darling (or dear, or danged, or use your imagination) husband

DW: darling... wife

DD, DS: darling... daughter, son

IMHO: In my humble opinion (and its cousin, IMNSHO: in my not so humble opinion)

IIRC: If I recall correctly

ISO: In search of

LOL: laugh out loud

OMG: Oh my God

OT: Off-topic

ROTFLMAO: Rolling on the floor laughing my a** off!

TMI: Too much information

WRT: With regard to

WTF: What the f...?

WTG: Way to go!

YMMV: Your mileage may vary

I am a total newbie - so whats a "pb"?

Your next question will be "how do i get a ticker" :lol: (we were all newbies at one time)

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

Thanks Indigogorl! all I have to say about that is.....EEEWWW! I love the honesty and forthrightness of everybody. I have just started this journey, have been overweight for 20 years, weigh 220, should be 120-140 - depending on where you look. age 47 5'5". want to lose and NOT gain it all back! thinking lap band is the way to go.

Thanks Indigogorl! all I have to say about that is.....EEEWWW! I love the honesty and forthrightness of everybody. I have just started this journey, have been overweight for 20 years, weigh 220, should be 120-140 - depending on where you look. age 47 5'5". want to lose and NOT gain it all back! thinking lap band is the way to go.

Oregonrose

I understand completely - I'm 52 5'4 250 by the time I had my pre-op visit (gained 5 lbs from all my last meal mentallity) and have been fat most of my life - gain - lose - gain - lose you know the way it goes - I really should be striving for 145 to have a 25 bmi - but at my age - I think 160 will be fine - I will really know once i get there -

The band is a great tool - it does help with Portion Control - but it's only that- you gotta do the rest - you have to eat healthy and exercise - I am not into fad diets - so I pretty much follow what I learned from all my yrs going to WW - But I do follow band rules - Protein 1st.

As they saying goes that banded your tummy not your brain and truly that's where most of our problems lie - I will be full but still want to eat - we have alot of head hunger issues - it's far from easy - but easier than doing it all by yourself.

This site is the best place for help & support..

Good Luck on your journey.

Oh Janet, you always give such good advise.....rock on girlfriend

Oh Janet, you always give such good advise.....rock on girlfriend

Peaches you are to kind....:wink2:

Hey everyone! I am just beginning my journey. My total weight loss goal is 89 pounds. I do not have my surgery date yet, but I see the surgeon next month. Hoping to be banded before summer!!!!