Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EEEEEEEEEEEEK i broke tonight i had a mouthful of steak (bbq grilled) and a mouthful of Tomato Pasta (home made) but i think that added enought to bust my cal limit today.. eeek i've been going so well..

disappointed, and cranky at me.

x

Don't worry too much I actually did the same thing on Sunday night. I won't do it again though it was enough carbs to take me out of ketosis and make me feel like crap and have headaches for 24 hours. Lesson learnt for me lol. Although if I had known I had lost 8.9kg I don't think I would have done it! Feeling a lot better now though.

Ok, so you lapsed a little yesterday - today is a new day and you are going to put yesterday behind you because you can't change what is already done.

Today you are stronger and will be able to stick to the Optifast.:clap2:

Don't be angry with yourself - after all, you are only human and sometimes we all have these slip ups - I know I did when I was on Optisludge.

You're doing fine, just stay positive.

Danna

You are both doing great just being on Opti.

I had two weeks - but I've read of people on several months due to their very high BMI's.

I was also lucky as I had opti for 2 meals, and a light salad for dinner just so I could chew :P I also had some of the vanilla - the strawberry and the Capuccino was just being released then, and I HATED the Optiyuk Vanilla. What I did (as I was allowed) was take some frozen berries and a stick blender, and add some SPlenda and frozen berries to the Vanilla and made a shake - this also increased the volume.

It got me through. I tried steamed veggies at night, and couldn't hack that - so I went for the salad option.

Just tick off your days, and think of how close your op dates are , and hang in there, out the other side is your future :grouphug:

Well I got some fantastic news from my dietician yesterday. I called her just to discuss how I was going on Optifast and I told her I was struggling a bit.

She asked how much weight I had lost, I told her and she was blown away! She said I have done very well and I have lost enough weight for surgery and to shrink the old liver! So as from last night she is letting me cut back to 2 shakes a day and having a 200g serve of Protein with my evening meal.

Well that may not seem like much but it was music to my ears lol. Last night I enjoying a lean piece of steak (chewed it very well in practice!!) with mushroom garlic and onion sauce. It was heaven! lol.

My dietician said I don't necessarily need to lose any more weight before surgery but I need to maintain my current weight and not fat up my liver lol. Today is Thursday and surgery is on Monday so it will be easy.

Just remember fellow optifasters - there is light at the end of the tunnel. If you have lost weight and are struggling then talk to your dietician!

Can someone tell me why do you have to go on this horrible Optifast stuff before surgery? I have an appointment in March and as I live about 400km's away from the Dr I want to make as few trips as possible would it be worth starting before I go or should I just waut and see. Is the optifast thing a general step for everyone?

Can someone tell me why do you have to go on this horrible Optifast stuff before surgery? I have an appointment in March and as I live about 400km's away from the Dr I want to make as few trips as possible would it be worth starting before I go or should I just waut and see. Is the optifast thing a general step for everyone?

I'd wait and see what your Dr says, not all Drs expect you to go on the pre-op diet and why torture yourself if you don't have to.

The purpose of Optifast is that it is very lo-cal (about 800cals) low in carbs and high in Protein. the idea is to shrink your liver by making your body burn the fat stored there. This makes it easier to perform the op and helps with recovery. Often Dr will only want it if you have a very high BMI. The plus side is I lost 7kg before surgery.

Danna