Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 3rdsters!!!

i get a new birthday??

Sure! LOL I've just noticed postings where people say their "new" birthday is there band date....you know....new "birth" day...new beginning etc.

Happy Birthday today miztrniceguy! 23_34_1.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZKxdm005YYUS

Good luck to you and I hope it went very well for the J-03 Banders!

I completed all the testing today and scheduled for the 9th early morning!

Getting a little shakey now. But Onward. Congratulations to us all and GOd be with us during and after!

Hello,

I was banded yesterday and doing great. Surgery was at 7:30a. back in room by 9:00a ,up walking and going to bathroom before 11:00a ,slept for a few hours, video swallow at 2:15p and left center at 3:00p. Was home by 3:45p. It all went sooooo smooth.Had shoulder"gas" pain when I first woke up and was given morhapine for it. That went away pretty fast. Other than that just gassey and burping and mimimal abd pain.I slept in recliner overnight. Hopefully tomorrow will be as smooth.

Hope all 3rd Banders had simular ease.

Lois

I was banded yesterday also. Surgery started at 8 am, my first conscious looking at a clock was 10 am. I left the center at around noon. So far no real gas pain to speak of but boy am I tender today. The only way to compare the pain.........it feels like I did about 500 situps or got repeatedly punched in the stomach. It's tolerable, I only took my Lortab once and that was last nigt before bed.

To all futrure bandsters, I was scared to death about doing this but now in hindsight it definitley was not that bad.:)

Momto3,

I agree with you, I was scared to death from posts here on LBT. I guess everyones pain tolorance is different, but this was much easier than my gallbladder,parathyroid surgery. Glad to hear you are doing well. Feeling very well this morning, thinking of going shopping with BF.

Lois

Wow & Mom! Congratulations! You both sound great today. Thanks for sharing with us. Nice to hear things went so well. Lois, I don't even feel like shopping now, you're something else. You go girls! Take care of yourselves.

Carol

Hey everyone,

the surgery went well, took less than 15 minutes and recovery while in the clinic wasn't bad at all except for the shoulder pain.

I thought the shoulder pain was gone on Saturday second day after my surgery I felt incredibly well. But today its like someone is stabbing me with a knife in my shoulder and right under my neck. I really don't know how long this should be going for its awful.

Are any of you still dealing with shoulder pain or still taking your pain medication?

Today is January 6th I was banded on January 3rd. I am home and drinking my Protein Shakes, Water and taking my medication. My stomach is very gassy, but otherwise I feel good. Took a walk yesterday and will take one today.

AnneElliot,

Was banded the 3rd. Shoulder pain that day, but not since then. I am still taking the liquid pain meds the Dr gave me. Still very gassy, but otherwise.... doing great.

Lois

AnneElliot,

Was banded the 3rd. Shoulder pain that day, but not since then. I am still taking the liquid pain meds the Dr gave me. Still very gassy, but otherwise.... doing great.

Lois

Thanks to all who shared I have 25 days till banding and am getting nervious but know you will all be there for me and the January Bandsters Keep Sharing! and Best of Luck

Yesterday was the 10 day anniversary of the surgery date, was wondering if everyone was doing well and on their way to their personal goals. keep us updated!

Hey AnnElliot-- Thanks for checking on us ! Way to Go!

I am 6 days out and other than the GAS, and the tenderness at the port spot, I am doing WELL. Any solutions for this GAS???

liquid diet is going great and no real hunger after the first 2 days.

hey CJV, I know this advice you must heard before. But the only thing that helped with gas was walking and gas x. Its amazing that you loose all notion of hunger and the need to eat. This is the most wonderful thing I experienced from the band so far.