Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Buddies!

7 minutes ago, Mjtcollective said:

Sleeved 12/7 - I swear I don’t feel like I even had anything done besides zero hunger and 16 pounds lost. No pain meds. No issues with getting fluids or any Protein source down. No sleeping issues except maybe a little insomnia but I’ve always had that so nothing new. 🥳 one week into my new better self.

That’s amazing!! How long did you do the liver reducing for?

I have my op on Tuesday in the UK. We have to liver reduce for 3 weeks and so far I’m already nearly 20lb down. Will be going into surgery about 270lb, I’m just so ready for it now!!!

On 12/14/2023 at 7:30 PM, Dayl said:

Just got sleeved Monday December 11th. Surgeon said everything was perfect and my liver shrinking diet worked. Nurse said I was her best sleeve patient ever. Very little pain, no nausea, and no vomiting.

Dayl, That is terrific! I hope you continue to feel well, what a wonderful start!

19 hours ago, Mjtcollective said:

Sleeved 12/7 - I swear I don’t feel like I even had anything done besides zero hunger and 16 pounds lost. No pain meds. No issues with getting fluids or any Protein source down. No sleeping issues except maybe a little insomnia but I’ve always had that so nothing new. 🥳 one week into my new better self.

Mjtcollective, that is fantastic. Congratulations on your weight loss, you are off to a great start!

On 12/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, BBariQueen said:

My date has come and gone but December 11 2023.

BBariQueen, how are you doing?

I had my gastric sleeve on December 04, 2023. I am so hungry being on liquids only. Hard to keep my mind off the hunger. I am very excited for having my surgery but I’m just so hungry.

Well the good thing is you are at the three week mark and can soon start puréed stage. That is only a week then soft food and then onto regular. Just focus on each day getting it done and then find something to occupy your time. Make sure you’re getting your Water in. 4 more weeks will be done in no time.

I just had my Surgery on the 6th and 2 of my steri strips are coming off…. Is that normal?

Hello friends!
I just had my GS surgery on 12/14 after waiting in the hospital 2 days to get my acidosis back on track. The rumors about the gas is no joke. It’s not easy to force yourself to get up and walk not to eat or drink when you feel so weak, but I encourage you-do it anyway. The sips of broth that I had today gave me enough energy to walk around. Walking around helped some of the air to be released, which of course made me feel better. I have over 10lbs worth of gas in me according to the scale going into the surgery vs coming out. That’s a lot! Are there any medications that you guys have used to assist with the gas pains? My surgeon prescribed me something for the cramps, and nausea and just general pain, but nothing specifically for gas. Even my incisions don’t hurt as bad as this has! Shew!

I wanted to take Gas X chewables but the surgeon didn't want me to. I walked a lot and used a massage gun on gas bubbles to help break them up. I had mine on the 11th and no longer have gas pains. I used a heat pad as well.