Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TikTok Chicken Crust Pizza... I Made It!

So... today, my daughter and I made that TikTok chicken crust pizza at home. It was really good! I'm 1 month and 4 days out of my revision from sleeve to bypass, and I'm on regular food now. It is high in calories, but I'm sure if you choose healthier options for the ingredients, you could make it even better! I used what I already had at home because I wasn't even sure it was going to work. But there are some modifications I plan to make for when I make this again. For example, I would use reduced fat or fat-free cheeses. Those seem to be the ingredients with the highest calories. Also, I would use fresh chicken, cook it and shred it. But for this recipe, I used canned chicken breast.

I'm including a pic of the pizza and a pic of the nutrition information per slice. I doubled the recipe because I was going to share it with my daughter, then I combined all the nutrition information for the whole pizza and divided by 8 slices. Take into account that a regular slice of pepperoni pizza is 313 calories, 13g Protein, and 35 carbs. This one is 197 calories, 22g protein (because the crust is made of chicken, Parmesan, and egg), and 3g carbs.

for the ~10" crust:

-2 cans 10oz canned chicken breast in Water (drained)

-2 large eggs

-1 cup shredded Parmesan (gonna look for a lower fat or lower cal version)

Combine these 3 things and season as you like. I used Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and some sprinkles of black pepper. NO SALT, because the canned chicken is already salty. Like my life. <_< I mixed it all together to create the "dough." I put it on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and formed it into a thin crust (~10") and baked it at 425 for 20 minutes.

my toppings:

-1/3 cup Chef Boyardee Pizza sauce (again, I'm sure there's a healthier alternative)

-2 cups shredded mozzarella (next time I'm using low fat or fat-free)

-16 turkey pepperoni slices

Once I added the toppings, I put it back in the oven for 10 minutes at 425. I did 5 min on bake and then 5 min on broil (low) because I wanted the cheese to get just a tad toasty

Added all the ingredients to the Baritastic app (you can scan the barcodes of all the ingredients) and divided by 8 slices, so this is the nutrition info per slice. Yes, the slices are small like from a personal pizza, but I can't eat more than that anyway, so it was very filling! I ate half a slice then later had the other half a slice. I remembered the crust is made of chicken, so I ate slowly and gave it time to hit my tummy.That's why I was only able to do half at a time.

chicken crust pizza.jpg

chicken pizza nutrition info.jpg

I'VE MADE THIS pizza BUT USED GROUND chicken INSTEAD OF SHREDDED OR CANNED. I ALSO PUT A LOT LESS cheese ON IT AND LIKE YOU I ADDED TURKEY PEPPERONI. iT IS VERY TASTY, YOU JUST DONT GET THE TEXTURE OF REGULAR CRUST. ONCE YOU GET PAST THAT, THE REST IS DELICIOUS!

I've never heard of this but I'm making it, thank you for sharing!! My partner eats a Keto diet and it'll be perfect for him too. I love things like this. 😍

I eat things like tacos with the shells made from chicken, cauliflower crust pizza, etc... Absolutely LOVE it. I buy a brand called Real Good Foods. Designed for people on Keto and low carb diets, but also perfect for bariatric diets. I've never been brave enough to try to make a homemade pizza, but I might just look into this one :)

Gosh, I have to try this as it sounds so, yummy! I've been wanting to try the recipe that call for the cauliflower crust, too. Finally, just 5 weeks out and trying to lose as much as possible before 3 month visit. @CarmenG I always thought the sleeve was the revision to the RNy didn't know that's a possibility. Thanks