Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2023 Surgery Buddies!

Let me know if anyone creates a Facebook group or chat, I'm not sure how to do that or I would get one going!

I’m interested if it is a private Facebook group 😊

Hello guys,

Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss journey. My surgery date is August 3rd (Sleeved) and I am so excited. Tomorrow starts my pre-op liquid diet which I’m a little nervous about. But other then that I’m ready to join the losers bench. Good luck to everyone and look forward to hearing our success stories 🫶🏾

Hello guys,

Congratulations to everyone on their weight loss journey. My surgery date is August 3rd (Sleeved) and I am so excited. Tomorrow starts my pre-op liquid diet which I’m a little nervous about. But other then that I’m ready to join the losers bench. Good luck to everyone and look forward to hearing our success stories 🫶🏾

Hello guys,

Hello guys,

Hello guys,

Hello guys,

Hello guys,

I should have mentioned in my initial post that I had a sleeve in 2018. Had horrible GERD since and also never lost the most weight that my surgeon said I could possibly lose. Fast forward through COVID, loss of a family member, major job change l, etc etc - I actually gained almost ALL of the weight back. It very embarrassing. I would have never thought that I would gain it all back - ever. As the day goes, never say never. I have a new surgeon now and she is amazing and did not make me feel like a loser. Since I have GERD and never lost to my potential, and have the hiatal hernia, I am having a revision to gastric bypass on 8/11. My highest weight was 250 and my lowest weight after sleeve was 169. I’m 5’4”. To say that this second chance means everything to me is an understatement. I haven’t even told anyone (besides my husband) that I’m doing the revision because I’m so embarrassed.

Ok lovelies! I have created a Facebook group after doing some Google research lol it is a private group and you will have to request to join. It is called "August 2023 Bariatric Surgery Support Group"

There is also a group chat there so we can all talk a little easier 🙂

I just requested to Join!

Just got the call from my surgeon yesterday that my insurance gave the go ahead. They will call me with my surgery date in the next day or two! Excited, scared, more excited...