Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a story to tell....

Hey you all! You know what...I have tears in my eyes again. From reading all of the supportive posts you gave me. I could share this with no one else and get the same reaction as I have gotten from you. You all understand.;-)

I agree with everything you all said. Why should we have to prove we are serious? I thought considering surgery was as serious as it gets! My husband asked me if he was a little man. I said, "Yes." ( I was wondering what he meant by that when I answered) And my husband said that he probably has a Napoleon complex. If that is true...maybe he is trying to show his power and control by being mean to fat people like me (who are bigger than he...) hehehehe

If obesity is a disease...is it fair to blame the patient?

I feel so much better now. I feel empowered, and I am so glad I happened upon this support site. Thanks to you all for your help, support, and encouragement. I am crying again because no one would understand like you...

Joan

(((Hugs))) Joan! And when you've lost a few pounds, be sure and look that creep up! Just remember, we can lose our weight, but ugly's to the bone.

Joan,

THis really pisses me off. Some of these docs dont deserve our business. But since the date is coming up, theres not much you can do, but try to lose the weight. Unless you are prepared to consider a more compassionate doc and wait it out a little longer. What kind of post op care is this numbskull going to be able to give you? Is he gonna withhold fills and adjustments because you dont meet some kind of weight loss criteria? These are things you do need to think about cause having the band is a long time maintenance proposition. I feel your pain though and I wish you the best in trying to lose the 6lbs. We are all rooting for you!!!

Babs in TX

334/184/170

6/23/03

What a butthead! I swear... I wonder how they turn this around to a situation where we are paying a HUGE amount of money and end up having to PAY to be humiliated in the process!!!! I sure hope there will be enough competition out there at some point that leads the surgeons to have to WOO us to them. I want to complile a HUGE application that any surgeon will have to complete with a list of varying activities to prove their worthiness!

I was guilty of being judgmental during my last pelvic exam. As I lay in "the position" waiting for the doc, a very short 400 pound woman wearing a white coat came huffing and puffing in. I was shocked and worried. How the heck was this woman that could barely breathe going to give me the exam? Yes, I should be ashamed, and I was. But she taught me a lesson that I'll never forget. First, she performed the exam (with some difficulty) but professionally and accurately. My blood pressure was elevated cause "white coats" always make me nervous. She asked why I was afraid of doctors, so I told her, "cause no matter why I'm here, they always tell me I'm obese."

She told me to NEVER allow a doctor to tell me that I need to lose weight as part of my treatment. She said she goes to the doctor for a bladder infection, and they tell her "lose weight" but she doesn't let them get away with it. She puts doctors in their place all the time by telling them, "Don't you think I know I'm overweight? But is that why I made the appointment... NO, so grab your prescription pad and treat my bladder infection and stick to the reason written on the appointment sheet."

She was so powerful. Sure, she knows she's obese, don't we all? So don't let doctors push you around. Think about my 400 lb gynocologist next time and rip him a new ear hole.

LOL!!! Darcy, you remind me of the commercial where everyone is talking about what services they want from their bank!

Joan, have you talked to Dr. Horgan yet about the fellow's remarks? If so, please let us know how he responded. (I'm especially curious because I go to his downtown office for fills.) Meanwhile, I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow.

Listen I believe I'd let the Chief of Staff know his patients are being treated. If you didnt have a problem you wouldnt be there. They are getting paid. There is no need for that. Would a Dr, say why cant you quit drinking alchohol? This guy pisses me off and sorry for the language...

Dont let this guy dishearten you. He will get his from the patients in the future he treats like this..I'd definately speak to the surgeon too...Good luck!!You need it with this Heel!!! :sick

Joanie I hope you get this sorted out its terrible talking to you that way. I gained 5lbs the week before my surgery and it was fine the surgeon didn't even question it and I know lots of other people who had gained weight after their intial consults. Good luck and I hope everything goes great for you.

Helenxx.