Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi!! I will be having the SADI-S surgery, should be July 2023.

I get my exact date next week!

I am purchasing the items I will need for the 2 week liver shrinking diet pre-op, as well as the liquid 4 weeks post op.

I would really appreciate it if you could list the Clear Liquids you drank that you loved!!!

So far, I love Unjury chicken Soup.

But I can't stand anything in the Liquid Protein sampler.

*Liquicel- maybe I don't know what to mix it with!! The grape and unflavored gagged me.

*Nectar powder-crystal sky.

*The little Protein Shots, pink lemonaMr.

Please help!!! I can't waste any more money.

Nicole

Its hard to know for sure but your taste buds might change after this surgery. Many people have wasted money buying to much for the after surgery stage. Buy a few of each and see how your tastes are.

I like the Premier Protein flavored water (they have peach and tropical punch). I also love the vegetable Bone Broth (chicken, too) and I add bouillon paste to it for deeper flavor. I like the blue Protein gatorade and I like the immunity booster Propel Water in mango, pineapple peach, strawberry kiwi, watermelon, and black cherry. If you're really desperate for hydration and you've already met your protein goals, get some plain water and add sugar free kool-aid or IV hydration or something like that to it. Different flavors, no sugar, and still getting your water in.

I like Ensure Max Protein for my full liquids. I am July 26th for the SADI (from my 2018 sleeve) so I go on the 2 week July 12th.

My prior sleeve post op was rough because I am sensitive to gas. I was campbell Tomato Soup, chicken broth from Swanson, and gatorade. I did try crystal light- every flavor and I was dehydrated through the first month. I just could not get protein and liquids into my sleeve.

For my SADI... I hope I can drink after. I have multiple flavors of Protein Shakes ready and beef/chicken broths ready to go. I think because I experienced a major stomach surgery before, I kind of know what to expect. And I expect gas, pain, and poop (TMI? sorry!).

You have to get in liquids. If you do stock up prior, get a variety of flavors and brands. Buy the store brand and find coupons. If you have food stamps, a lot of this is covered. Go for liquids that have protein like broths but also basic Soups. If you have a favorite flavor right now, get it. If it is something you know you will drink, it is better to have on hand. I knew I would drink gatorade and not surprised I balked at the crystal light.

Hope this helped some?