Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 hours ago, TRClark23 said:

Glad to see another Texan here that had the surgery around the same time that I did! I also lost around 12lbs after the surgery, I'm assuming that it's normal?

Glad everything went smooth for you.

Yay a fellow Texan! I’m up in north Texas. I had my surgery in Plano, but that’s about an hour from where I actually live. I guess that amount of weight loss is normal? I started at a slightly higher weight not too far off from yours so we seem to be tracking about the same, but I bet you’ll pass me up soon. From what I’ve seen, the weight falls off of men a little faster. This week has been slower so far. I’m down about 5lbs. food is still going okay. I’ve had yogurt, strained Soups and a tiny bit of pureed Beans. Nothing crazy and only very small amounts. I’m able to finish my Protein Shakes and I can drink around 65-70oz of fluids for the day.

You’re so lucky you get to eat eggs. I’ve been craving them. My first post-op appointment is next Tuesday. Maybe he’ll let me then too.

8 hours ago, TRClark23 said:

Good morning, eggs didn’t work for me but I was told you could use alittle olive oil and I sometimes add alittle Water to make it fluffy

8 hours ago, TRClark23 said:

Hi there my June friends - I hop you re all well. I had my surgery on 1st June (bypass). my starting weight was 215lbs and I am down to 184lbs. I have been able to eat purees foods straight out of hospital for 3.5 weeks and am now on soft food (food that I can get a fork through). I eat about 4-5 small meals per day and try to drink a litre and a half of Water. I have not had any problems so far and am enjoying a wider variety of things to eat. I've been swimming almost each morning since just under 3 weeks out of surgery. I think I am doing ok - just so glad to have had this opportunity to help me to manage my weight. There is still so much to learn about this new tool but I am going to enjoy the journey 🙂. I hope you are all happy with the decision to have weight loss surgery xxx

6 hours ago, sleevedinthe817 said:

Yay a fellow Texan! I’m up in north Texas. I had my surgery in Plano, but that’s about an hour from where I actually live. I guess that amount of weight loss is normal? I started at a slightly higher weight not too far off from yours so we seem to be tracking about the same, but I bet you’ll pass me up soon. From what I’ve seen, the weight falls off of men a little faster. This week has been slower so far. I’m down about 5lbs. food is still going okay. I’ve had yogurt, strained Soups and a tiny bit of pureed Beans. Nothing crazy and only very small amounts. I’m able to finish my Protein Shakes and I can drink around 65-70oz of fluids for the day.

You’re so lucky you get to eat eggs. I’ve been craving them. My first post-op appointment is next Tuesday. Maybe he’ll let me then too.

I’m in Houston, had my surgery in Pasadena. I lived in Plano for a little while, I love North Texas, it’s a lot more hilly and clean than Houston 😂

I have a couple suggestions (based on my experiences) try the Fairlife chocolate Protein Shakes (they sell them at costco and Sams Club) and try the original Sabra Hummus, both are amazing after weeks and weeks of liquid diet!

I had my first egg this morning, it was okay. I only got through about half of it though.

11 hours ago, BigSkyLife said:

I use whole milk cottage cheese in my eggs & shredded cheese. I cook it right with the eggs. I had VSG June 1st & I can still only eat about half an egg

(Before anyone comes at me for using WHOLE milk dairy, I've been okay'd to do so because my body tolerates it & I'd rather have real fat then fake forever chemicals in my body from the low flat crap, it's my health journey, feel free to do as you please with yours.)

I also like adding Avocado to my eggs & I eat cottage cheese & Avocado with salt & pepper every single day. It's my lunch & I love it. So yummy! You can also mix cottage cheese with canned fruit (no skins) I love Peaches. Very delicious 😋

I made an egg this morning with 0% milk, salt, pepper, and a tiny amount of butter. My surgeon suggested margarine but I just don’t think I can do that, lol.

I bought cottage cheese and ricotta but haven’t tried them yet. I bought some Sabra Hummus and have snacked on it a time or two and it’s amazingly delicious, lol.

I’m going to have to buy some avocados, I hadn’t even considered that so thanks for the suggestion!

@terempel I’m taking Bariatric but they’re so nasty I’m looking for other options. So I need ideas as well. I should have got the Gummy kind but then you have to take a Calcium pill as well.

@terempel I’m taking Bariatric but they’re so nasty I’m looking for other options. So I need ideas as well. I should have got the Gummy kind but then you have to take a Calcium pill as well.

2 hours ago, terempel said:

Which brand of supplements are people taking? Bariatric? Regular?

I’m taking the chewables from Bariatric Fusion. It’s what my nutritionist suggested. The Iron and B12 taste great. (Iron is watermelon flavored and the B12 is grape.)

The Multivitamin (cherry) and the Calcium (caramel) leave a lot to be desired, but they’re not bad.