Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was horrible for me, the pain from gas was my pain and throwing up like 6 times finally they found something that worked for me. I was able to walk 5 times yesterday, I'm up bright eyed and bushy tail, no pain, able to walk without supervison, I feel good. Have a great day yall, will write later hopefully saying I'm going home

Does anyone still have sharp pain from any of their incisions a week post op? Debating whether or not I should call (again) to be seen… my right incision has been killing me since surgery. I figured it was just a post op normal but I am a week out from post op and the pain has not weakened at all. If I am not on pain killers (Hydrocodone) I can’t even sit on the couch comfortably or walk… the right incision is so painful and when feeling it it’s pushed into my body (like dips into it, doesn’t lie flat) just wondering if anyone has this as well or if I should contact surgeon.

Hi Amanda - i am almost 2 week post op and i have not experienced what you have described. I wonder if your mind can only be quietened by talking with your medical team - you sound worried so that might just be the thing to do as you have suggested. I hope all is well - I would guess it is just a major healing site but to be certain, maybe call your medical team xx

5 hours ago, Carla Ogwin said:

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was horrible for me, the pain from gas was my pain and throwing up like 6 times finally they found something that worked for me. I was able to walk 5 times yesterday, I'm up bright eyed and bushy tail, no pain, able to walk without supervison, I feel good. Have a great day yall, will write later hopefully saying I'm going home

5 hours ago, Carla Ogwin said:

That’s great news! When in doubt contact your doctor because this is serious. Hopefully you get to go home today.

10 hours ago, VeeJay said:

I'm ok friend I just needed to have my moment ❤️❤️❤️

How are u today sweet lady? Been thinking about you.🙏

Anyone else getting a terrible taste in your mouth on the pre-op diet.

I have a question. I was sent home with a compression wrap. Anyone know how long you are to wear this? No one really said and honestly i feel pretty good today.

59 minutes ago, Jjohnson1971 said:

I have a question. I was sent home with a compression wrap. Anyone know how long you are to wear this? No one really said and honestly i feel pretty good today.

My doctor said it was optional. I requested it but he say I did not need to feel like I needed it. I asked bc eo said to get.

20 minutes ago, Carla Ogwin said:

Hey everyone I made it home today in 1 piece, feeling nauseated at the moment. Right now I'm working on stage 2 right out the hospital.

Take it easy. Don’t try to do too much. Glad your home!

13 hours ago, AmandaD. said:

Does anyone still have sharp pain from any of their incisions a week post op? Debating whether or not I should call (again) to be seen… my right incision has been killing me since surgery. I figured it was just a post op normal but I am a week out from post op and the pain has not weakened at all. If I am not on pain killers (Hydrocodone) I can’t even sit on the couch comfortably or walk… the right incision is so painful and when feeling it it’s pushed into my body (like dips into it, doesn’t lie flat) just wondering if anyone has this as well or if I should contact surgeon.

This is normal. It's where the instruments were in. The biggest one is always the worst. When I had my sleeve, that was the one that hurt for like 3 weeks. The rest felt ok after a week, but the biggest one was KILLING me 3 weeks out. By 4 weeks I no pain anywhere at all.

22 hours ago, Maggie rose said:

You made me smile so big thank you for that

Good you deserve it. Don't cry sis 😿. I'm about to myself. I feel overwhelmed at times. But hang in there you're not alone. We love you. Hugs 🤗🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂

10 hours ago, AmandaBT said:

Anyone else getting a terrible taste in your mouth on the pre-op diet.

Nah.....from the liquid diet?

10 hours ago, Jjohnson1971 said:

I had compression socks. I ain't wore them shits since I got home 🤣🤣🤣. Call the doc to ask.