Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bloody nose during PBing...

I want to ask if anyone has had a similar problem, in the last week I have had two episodes of PBing, I ate too fast I think, well anyways I felt like I was choking and couldn't grasp air. I ran to the bathroom and after I PB, I went to the sink to wash my face and my nose was bleeding, and it wasn't like I strained bad when I PB, is this normal? has this happened to anyone? I also wanted to ask if anyones port vibrates, or jumps while laying down, feels weird, like its jumping inside or something? Is that normal???? Just when I think that I understand this, something new is sent my way.

Thanks.

havent heard that one yet about the bloody nose or the vibrating port.. did you call your doctor and ask him about it? thats what i would do.

Well, lots of people get bloody noses in the colder months because the air is so dry. I do and it seems like the least little thing can get one started. Mabe you could try using a saline nasal spray and see if that helps. Now the jumping, vibrating port thing just sounds weird! LOL!

It is really weird, last night I was laying in bed watching television and it starts kinda jumping, vibrating it is a weird sensation, I know I am not imagining it cause I can see it through my skin, it is just too weird. Maybe I have an alien growind in there that is trying to get out. LOL - Hopefully the nose bleeds are just what you said, thanks for the advice and hopefully my alien port buddy will stay in its place.

Oh No! Attack of the Alien Port! Sounds to me like something inside you is moving around and shifting the port...dunno...your stomach growling? Are you pregnant...you know, 7-8 months along and don't know it? OK, not likely, but I'd definately be calling my Dr! Someone somewhere is likely to post an idea...lots of nurses and Band Pros on this board. Keep us posted!

NOOO way I am not pregnant, had them suckers cut and tied tied two years ago, Maybe my stomach is growling and that is what makes it do that, I'm not really concerned about it, just curious... doesn't hurt or anything, well it better not be a kid in there, cause if it is, I'm going to be pretty upset, I can barely handle my three kids now. I was just telling a friend this morning that I must be the oldest 32 year old anywhere cause I am always so tired and wore out... having a full time job and a family is hard, hard work.. Luckily I have a pretty easy going job that I don't stay too busy at, thank God, cause now that I am hooked on reading the posts on this site, (I used to shop online when I wasn't busy), now all I want to do is read, read, read, Its like I finally found a group on wonderful people that feel exactly the same way I feel and understand what I'm going through. Its just wonderful.

Aliens!!!!! LOL!!

I think you probably are just having some muscle spasms. Just ask your dr about it next time you go in for a follow up or fill. As long as you aren't in pain or throwing up or anything it's probably not anything that can't wait until you see your dr. again. Meanwhile, have fun with it!!! Lay things on your tummy and watch em move around, LOL!

You guys are hilarious...thanks for making me laugh.

Blossom you got banded a day after I did, I see you have three fills, where did you have your surgery, does your same doctor do your fills? I have to fly back to Mexico, I didn't find anyone affordable to do a fill here in Florida. It is way too expensive, its less money to buy a plane ticket and fly to Mexico. I don't feel much restriction, right now, so I am really looking forward to getting a second fill.

Feeling lonely, I have had my band for 2 years and this happens to me, actuallt the first time was at a concert and the bass from the speakers was so intense It vibrate my band.. not my port , then there are times now that my port is so defined that when I hit or rub up against something it will also vibrate.. I had spoke to the Doctors and they said that it was not something that was common but it was possible.

If you would like furthe info just let me know.....

Estela, I was banded in my home town of Denton, TX. So far all of my fills have been done by whatever radiologist is on duty at the hospital, but I have heard that my surgeon will be doing them himself from now on. At least, I hope what I heard is true, even though I feel like I have to fight with my dr over every fill. He's pretty new at this and just can't seem to wrap his mind around me needing so much fill, I'm already at 3cc's.

It's too bad you have to go back to Mexico for every fill. However, I have heard that you can get banded in Cancun (Dr. Ortiz & associates, I think) so you can probably get a fill there, too. If I had to go back to Mexico every time I needed a fill, that would be my choice! Good luck with your next fill!

So it dances to music, I have a dancing band or port? lol . Blossom, you are luckey that you can get your fills done there. I am returning to the doctor that banded me, the fills are free with him, all I pay for is the floro or x rays, what ever they do. So I fly in to McAllen where I have plenty of relatives I can crash with and then head to Reynosa where my doctor is. The problem is getting the time to go do it, I have three kids and to make arrangements for my husband to keep them is tough. He gets overhwelmed easily with all three kids, especially cause the little ones are only 2 and 3, so I can't blame him. Besides he's always working, so its kind of hard, you know. But hopefully I can fly out there next month, I think my sister can help me with the kids. Well thanks for the info., time for me to go home and pick up the kids.