Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting to swallow the barium tomorrow. It's my last test before getting my date. My labs and EKG were fine. I'm doing all this with little to no support system, so I'm taking an Uber 30 min each way to the hospital. Then again, I watched my first episode of My 600lb Life and now whatever I'm going through seems minimized. Anyway, wish me well with hopes it all looks good to them!

interesting. My hospital bans all ubers, lyfts ect... if you are having surgery. It has to be friend, family or a medical transport company. I never had to do the barium swallow xrays. Just regular ol xrays. But yes good luck! hopefully you get thru it quick.

Unless I am mistaken, you are not sedated with an upper GI. They are just xrays.

5 hours ago, MountainClover said:

Unless I am mistaken, you are not sedated with an upper GI. They are just xrays.

I had to do both.

I had a barium swallow every year after my sleeve to check if it was stretched. I guess I was paranoid lol. Now after the revision, I haven't done that. But it is fast, you drink chalky stuff, they watch it go down. I always asked for a picture to compare year to year. No sedation, can Uber that no problem but ... For the surgery, not allowed to do Uber, at least here I couldn't.

20 hours ago, liveaboard15 said:

interesting. My hospital bans all ubers, lyfts ect... if you are having surgery. It has to be friend, family or a medical transport company. I never had to do the barium swallow xrays. Just regular ol xrays. But yes good luck! hopefully you get thru it quick.

Yeah, this was just for the upper GI so the Uber was allowed. I have to find someone to pick me up after surgery. The test went fine - no issues in the results - but the Uber was $130 ☹️ I don't have a car right now and probably couldn't drive with my hips at the moment anyway. Man, that barium was thick!

Edited by David in Washington

4 hours ago, maybelle said:

I had to do that last week, I'm gonna pray for you lol that mess is so thick and chalky

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks! I had it done Friday and yeah, it was very thick. The results were good so there is that 😁

I just did the barium swallow yesterday since I am having such horrible GERD it came back okay so happy it was normal but frustrated still no answers for me. I just know that at 18 months out from the sleeve I should be able to eat without feeling sick.