Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September surgery buddies!!

I am impressed by both of you and your exercise dedication. It amazes me and you should be proud :)

On 8/8/2023 at 7:30 PM, LauriL415 said:

Good luck! I am so ready!

Me, too! I'm getting butterflies just a little bit, but I think it's more from the relief of knowing it is almost here after getting through all of the hoops.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:08 AM, SpartanMaker said:

I'm new here as well. Scheduled for Sept 20th.

What part of NE are you from? Mine is scheduled for the 11th in Omaha.

happy one year anniversary fellow september 2022 surgery friends! my surgery was september 7, 2022 so my one year anniversary this coming week. i went back and found this picture - i panicked minutes before my surgery because i hadn't taken any before pictures and took this just before i went to get prepped, surgery weight 355 lbs.

IMG_2084.thumb.jpeg.0fccd97c4cbbb9d2d19a96e2ae44688c.jpeg

and i took this one today, 206 lbs ☺️

IMG_4848.thumb.jpg.13c8dc24ea456ad42cacb33abcb62ba9.jpg

highest weight: 410 | surgery weight: 355 | current weight: 206 | goal weight: 185

gastric bypass surgery was the best decision i ever made

i wish you all healthy reflections as we reach our one year milestones!

-kukui 😊❤️

6 hours ago, kukuiokalani said:

happy one year anniversary fellow september 2022 surgery friends! my surgery was september 7, 2022 so my one year anniversary this coming week. i went back and found this picture - i panicked minutes before my surgery because i hadn't taken any before pictures and took this just before i went to get prepped, surgery weight 355 lbs.

IMG_2084.thumb.jpeg.0fccd97c4cbbb9d2d19a96e2ae44688c.jpeg

and i took this one today, 206 lbs ☺️

IMG_4848.thumb.jpg.13c8dc24ea456ad42cacb33abcb62ba9.jpg

highest weight: 410 | surgery weight: 355 | current weight: 206 | goal weight: 185

gastric bypass surgery was the best decision i ever made

i wish you all healthy reflections as we reach our one year milestones!

-kukui 😊❤️

You have done amazing! What a difference a year and a lot of work makes! My last drs appt is this coming up week but my 1 year anniversary isn't until the 19th. So I'll hopefully update at my 1 year mark to make it official :) I have the same outfit from the beginning that I have been taking pictures in. Its been fun to watch the difference. I haven't taken pictures the last few months though because the weight loss really slowed down but I'll have to take one for the year mark. If I can figure out how to share it here then I will :)

Good day Beautiful People. First timer on this forum. My VSG is Sept 5th . My mind all over the place, cycle started and the cravings for potato chips are strong. 9th day on high Protein liquid diet. Start Clear tomorrow and slipped up and liked some cheese of some cheetos. Now I'm feeling guilty 😔

Yesterday was my one year roux-en-y gastric bypass surgery anniversary and as of today I am officially in onederland! 199.8 lbs!

highest: 410 lbs | surgery: 355 lbs | current: 199.8 lbs (1 year post-op) | goal: 185 lbs

I had my one-year appointment with my surgeon today. We discussed my progress, and how my restriction is doing. I have some recurring nausea and vomiting that happens about every other week or so. My surgery a year ago had a rare-ish complication (occurs in less than 0.9% of rny patients). My roux limb, the piece of small intestine that now connects to my stomach pouch, became severely constricted by scar tissue, and I had a second laparoscopic surgery to fix that. I've since had three upper endoscopies to widen my stomach pouch because I still have semi-regular bouts of vomiting.

My stomach pouch also has an ulcer which may be a cause for the vomiting. I have another endoscopy scheduled for next week, and my surgeon and I discussed my options:

• treat the ulcer with strong bouts of Prilosec, or if that doesn't work
  • have another laparoscopic surgery to cut out the ulcer and reconnect the roux limb to the now even smaller stomach pouch

My surgeon also put in a referral to a plastic surgeon so I can start seeing my skin removal surgery options. I doubt I will ever be able to afford the surgery in the U.S., but I would certainly feel better having surgery here than in Mexico or Thailand.

My current stats are:

• Exercise: 20-30 mins cardio and 45 mins strength training each day, 6 days per week
  • Hydration: 80-100 ounces of water/iced tea per day (my fave drink is Starbucks peach green iced tea)
  • Food: 80-100 ounces of protein; 1000-1200 calories per day (I don't track my calories closely)

I love strength training! I'm starting to see a ton of muscle definition in my legs, shoulders, back, and arms. I also recently attended a convention and walked more than 15,000 steps each day and it was TONS easier to walk around downtown Seattle than it's ever been in my life. I'm so excited to be below 200 pounds - I haven't been below 200 pounds since I was in middle school!

I hope you all are doing well! Keep up all your hard work!

That's an amazing update! Sorry you have had to deal with some bad complications but I love your positive outlook. I hope they can fix everything soon. Congrats on one underland! That's such a fun achievement, That's nice that your surgeon was helpful to reference plastic surgeons. Mine just said that there were 2 in the area and that was it lol. Your current stats for exercise ect is impressive, great job! It's so nice to see how far people have come in a year. The year flew by pretty quick too.

Today is my 1 year anniversary and I am happy and sad at the same time. I got so very close to goal but I have spent the last month in a stall so I really don't have that awesome feeling that I hoped to have at the 1 year mark. I know this stall will pass too and I'm happy with how far I've come. I made it to normal bmi which I didn't think I would ever see again. I still want to lose at least 10 more lbs so that I'm safely in the normal range but 10 lbs seems doable after the last year. I still have trouble accepting that I've changed but little things make me so happy, like crossing my legs and feeling bones that were hidden. I'm happy my hair has stopped falling out and is starting to slowly grow back. Slower than before but I'll take slow as long as it grows lol. I started a journal at the beginning and set goals for myself and guessed at sizes my arms, thighs, waist etc should be. I had no idea what I should set those to so I looked them up in google for averages for women my height and I actually hit or beat all those measurements except my waist I set to 30 inches and I got to 33. I have a ton of extra skin there though and hope to have that removed so I still might hit that goal :) I took pictures along the way and wore the exact same outfit and its amazing so see how far I've come. I'll see if I can figure out how to add it here. Its not a great picture of me but it for sure shows the weight loss . I hope everyone else is doing well and I hope to see more updates from others. Take care!

1 year.png