Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need VSG to RNY Buddies for Dec. 2

Hello all,

Well this is 2nd bite at the apple. Here's my history...

Sleeved on 07/27/2012 by Dr. Jaime Ramos-Kelly
Before Pre-op Diet: 199 lbs (BMI 33.1)
Weight Surgery Day: 188 lbs
Sept. 1, 2012: 177 lbs.
Oct. 1, 2012: 166 lbs.
Nov. 1, 2012: 157 lbs.
Dec. 1, 2012: 147 lbs.
Jan. 1, 2013: 141 lbs.
Feb. 1, 2013 138 lbs. (starting looking way too thin)
Mar. 1, 2012 132 lbs. (between size 0-2)
Horrible GERD/ Acid Reflux
Infected gallbladder for most of 2015. Finally able to have removed in 08/2015
Maintained or gained 5-10 (138-148 lbs.) for about 4/5 years thru 2017
Back to pre-op weight of 199 lbs. by 2019/2020
Pandemic hit and now I am 230 lbs. before surgery (BMI 38.3)
Scheduled for Sleeve to RNY: 12/2/2021 with same Dr. Ramos-Kelly in Tijuana, Mexico

Looking for some kind souls that want to share the journey. Worried about how effective it is the 2nd time around. Looking forward to helping my GERD. The extra 30 lbs. means more months to reach goal. Oh yes and I am fretting about the Hair loss. I did not enjoy that the first time around. If anyone has info they want to share, please do.

Be well, Katrina

🤞 Good Luck, I just had my 2nd surgery from Sleeve issues to Bypass on 11/15/21 I was very luck to have great Md this time around and had me take Sleeve and Bypass and Nutrients Classese before doing anything of surgery the 2nd time around.

I was large person my whole life but I reach a max weight of 420 and got down to 245 with old fashioned way diet and become gym rat., after that got down 218 was not moving., I took this classes for 4 months and it took me away and I start to drop weight in two months went to 187 now.,

im fighter and my mind is set to never use foods to control something out of my control and to face it head on., I was good to block out Pain I didn’t come to this after losing beloved Family’s Members and used foods to not deal with it. But now it’s did story.,
Good Luck with things and keep in touch

1 minute ago, new nrshere said:

🤞 Good Luck, I just had my 2nd surgery from Sleeve issues to Bypass on 11/15/21 I was very luck to have great Md this time around and had me take Sleeve and Bypass and Nutrients Classese before doing anything of surgery the 2nd time around.

I was large person my whole life but I reach a max weight of 420 and got down to 245 with old fashioned way diet and become gym rat., after that got down 218 was not moving., I took this classes for 4 months and it took me away and I start to drop weight in two months went to 187 now.,

im fighter and my mind is set to never use foods to control something out of my control and to face it head on., I was good to block out Pain I didn’t come to this after losing beloved Family’s Members and used foods to not deal with it. But now it’s did story.,

You should be so proud of yourself! You are an example on how to succeed. I hope you maintain and stay healthy and thank you for sharing! i will stay in touch and please post your progress. I'll look forward to reading your posts.

Had sleeve surgery June 2010. Like you, I lost down to exactly 132. My husband and daughters were alarmed because I could STOP losing. My goal was 150. I started adding higher caloric foods and gained to 145, I like that 5 lb pad. I maintained at or below goal for eight years. I have arthritis in my hips and after we left the Dallas area, I don't have the big malls to go to. I used to go and walk, no power walking, just window shopping, but I did it quite a bit. We also had a 2-story house and I'd purposely go up and down the stairs more than I needed to. Here I am, severe reflux and a hiatial hernia. I have regained a little over 40 lbs. Revision surgery is this Friday. I hope surgery will fix the medical problems and hopefully I'll drop 25 lbs!! Good luck!!

14 minutes ago, StratusPhr said:

Had sleeve surgery June 2010. Like you, I lost down to exactly 132. My husband and daughters were alarmed because I could STOP losing. My goal was 150. I started adding higher caloric foods and gained to 145, I like that 5 lb pad. I maintained at or below goal for eight years. I have arthritis in my hips and after we left the Dallas area, I don't have the big malls to go to. I used to go and walk, no power walking, just window shopping, but I did it quite a bit. We also had a 2-story house and I'd purposely go up and down the stairs more than I needed to. Here I am, severe reflux and a hiatial hernia. I have regained a little over 40 lbs. Revision surgery is this Friday. I hope surgery will fix the medical problems and hopefully I'll drop 25 lbs!! Good luck!!

You will do great. The medical reasons are the most important but I won't lie... having another bite of the weight loss proverbial apple makes it a win/win. Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing with recovery. I will join you on Dec. 2nd. Take care.

On 11/21/2021 at 12:40 AM, new nrshere said:

Admittedly I have been more sedentary than i ever was. Couple that with feeling awful from GERD and depressed about the weight gain, I have been spiraling for awhile now. My sleeve was very successful and I even if I only gain the benefit of my GERD being gone, it will be worth it. My doc doesn't want me on omeprazole any longer. You are only 8 days out of surgery...are you feeling ok? I assume you are still on liquids. Keep in touch.

Hi - I would be interested in keeping in contact with you both as my history is similar to yours. I’m seeing my surgeon in January and want to revise from the sleeve to bypass.

how are you going after your procedures?