Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Surgery Buddies!!!

Hi everyone, I had my VSG surgery on Monday, came home on Wednesday. My pre-op diet was two weeks prior to surgery - I was living on blended Greek Yogurt (as low sugar as possible) and Atkins Protein Shakes. The first couple of days weren't terrible I did a gradual transition with the pre-op diet in the week prior to officially starting.

On 11/2/2021 at 4:17 AM, Debsgonnamakeit said:

The countdown has started for me. This time tomorrow, Nov. 3, I will be at the hospital for my sleeve procedure. I feel as prepared as possible for this big step in my life and thrilled at the thought of improved health and self esteem. i have followed this forum and found much helpful info. It has been sometimes a frustrating and prolonged process to be approved for my surgery due to insurance requirements but the process works and i had lots of time to think through my decision. Now its here and I'm very happy to have the surgery behind me. Best of luck to all of us November buddies!

Hope you are doing well!

3 hours ago, Nichellereed85 said:

Hi ladies and gents! I'm a newbie.. My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 22nd and I'm nervous and excited at the same time.. any pointers or advice?

Hi My surgery is scheduled for the 23rd and I am excited as well.

On 11/4/2021 at 4:04 PM, HAPPYTRACE said:

Tomorrow! Nov 5th is my surgery @ 8:30am (be there @ 6:30am)!

I am getting gastric sleeve and staying overnight (per insurance). I just bought about $40 in Soups & sugar free drinks & had miso Soup w/out the tofu & seaweed for dinner.

So excited, it's been a year long process!

Hope all is going well!

Morning 3 after my sleeve. I have felt pretty good all in all. I am able to walk outside easily and move around with little or no discomfort. I have not used the prescribed pain meds at home and tylenol has managed discomfort well. Only real struggle has been in getting to the 48 oz goal for liquids. It is a challenge but yesterday I got in 56 oz. which was great. I guess each new step will come with challenges to accomplish and I look forward to moving ahead.

Anyone who has had surgery: did your weight go up in hospital due to Fluid retention or maybe swelling? I had lost 15 lbs on liver diet and came home 7 lbs heavier. Next morning down 3 but still have the additional lbs. I know the gas is still a thing for me and they have taken me off the diuretic (sp?) that was in my blood pressure pill. Hope to see a change soon.

Thanks 3 Grands for your well wishes. Best to you.

On 10/30/2021 at 8:27 PM, Stacie21 said:

Heyyy I'm in UK and I'm having my op on 6th Nov. So nervous I'm having band to sleeve so hoping it goes smooth. Anyone else had this op xx

Hope all goes well, Keep us updated

On 11/1/2021 at 3:08 AM, Laluthee1015 said:

I’m in my pre-op diet

can I have Decaf coffee? ??????????!!?!?!

starting my preop tomorrow!

I have no restriction on my pre op tea and coffee. I am truly thankful for that. I love regular coffee and it would be the hardest thing to give up

On 11/4/2021 at 2:07 PM, SparklesE said:

I can imagine that the news of your surgery date being pushed out is disappointing but hang in there! January will be here before you know it!

Don't stress and enjoy the time you have this holiday season! You'll be starting the new year with an incredible gift to yourself! Something to look forward to! 🌠

I'm curious if the other November Sleeve Buddies are open about their surgery with their family and friends? Like you, I have chosen to keep this to myself to allow myself to process and heal without any unsolicited input/distractions from those around me. I'm doing this for me and don't feel the need or desire to share at this point...

I have told my Husband of 46 years and my only child. I also told my best friend who knows me from school days, we have no secrets

Surgery @ 8:30am yesterday. Woke up @ 5am today & feeling OK. Walked hall 2x, urinated 3x since surgery.

20211105_162914.jpg

20211105_143306.jpg

On 11/5/2021 at 11:15 AM, FatPositiveMotherhood said:

Pre op has definitely gotten easier. Not quite a full week in and I’ve lost 13 lbs!

Wow thats a amazing amount of weight to drop in a week, How long do you do it for ? I am 21 days and on day 4. What is your regime ? Mine is a quart of milk, ff Yogurt, non carb veg and 3 pieces of fruit a day

15 hours ago, Nichellereed85 said:

Hi ladies and gents! I'm a newbie.. My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 22nd and I'm nervous and excited at the same time.. any pointers or advice?

Read as many of these back pages as you can, They are super informative. Good luck. I go 2 days after you

3 hours ago, Debsgonnamakeit said:

Morning 3 after my sleeve. I have felt pretty good all in all. I am able to walk outside easily and move around with little or no discomfort. I have not used the prescribed pain meds at home and tylenol has managed discomfort well. Only real struggle has been in getting to the 48 oz goal for liquids. It is a challenge but yesterday I got in 56 oz. which was great. I guess each new step will come with challenges to accomplish and I look forward to moving ahead.

Anyone who has had surgery: did your weight go up in hospital due to Fluid retention or maybe swelling? I had lost 15 lbs on liver diet and came home 7 lbs heavier. Next morning down 3 but still have the additional lbs. I know the gas is still a thing for me and they have taken me off the diuretic (sp?) that was in my blood pressure pill. Hope to see a change soon.

Thanks 3 Grands for your well wishes. Best to you.

I have been reading past posts for months and it seems some doctors like to really pump in the Water so you dont suffer dehydration in the early days of recuperation. Stay off the scale if you can. The process will work

3 hours ago, Debsgonnamakeit said:

Anyone who has had surgery: did your weight go up in hospital due to Fluid retention or maybe swelling? I had lost 15 lbs on liver diet and came home 7 lbs heavier. Next morning down 3 but still have the additional lbs.

I had my sleeve 2 days ago.. and I lost 4 lbs. They pumped me with ~5-6 litters of Fluid while I was there. 1.5L during surgery, and 4L while I stayed overnight. However, I did go to the bathroom every 1-2 hours when I would wake with gas pain :)

However, I've read here in the forum that it is very common to gain weight after surgery. Don't worry about it, it comes off in 1-2 days.