Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 11/22/2021 at 7:23 PM, Soonlee_W said:

He says to "wait and see." I'm not positive --but I get the feeling he thinks I'm not following the rules. He's very nice, but to be honest, he did his part and he got paid for it. Now, basically, it's all on me.

Have you heard of anyone else like me? Anyone who had the sleeve and didn't lose?

I'm so sorry that you're having difficulty losing weight after the surgery. There must be others that have had difficulty losing after surgery. I hope your doctor or nutritionist can give you more guidance in trying to figure out a way to help your progress.

Hey July buddies!

how are we all.

So Im coming to the realisation that my body is starting to plateau! For the first time. Yes I’ve been very lucky I’ve lost weight every week since surgery, sometimes 1lb, sometimes 5lb.

however the last 3 weeks I’ve been sitting between 149-147lbs. It goes up and down. Sometimes daily!
i started at 210. So I’m really happy with what Ive achieved!l so far! However I kinda wanted to be around the 138 mark as a overall target.

my BMI is now in the green for ‘normal’ does this mean I’ve hit my end goal? Is my body telling me that’s it now?
i mean I can’t complain I’ve gone from a UK18-20 to a UK8-10!
but I’m still a little disappointed.

either that or I need to just bide my time and wait. I’m hitting about 1200 calories on a good day - 600 on restricted days. But have notice the last few weeks I can eat a little more per portion.

perhaps I need to exercise more.. if im honest I don’t do much… im not good at exercise 🤦🏻‍♀️

just leaving this here as I complain to my family and friends and they think I’m being weird and just thought you guys would understand where I’m coming from.

xxx

On 11/30/2021 at 3:50 AM, eholmes89 said:

Hey July buddies!

how are we all.

So Im coming to the realisation that my body is starting to plateau! For the first time. Yes I’ve been very lucky I’ve lost weight every week since surgery, sometimes 1lb, sometimes 5lb.

however the last 3 weeks I’ve been sitting between 149-147lbs. It goes up and down. Sometimes daily!
i started at 210. So I’m really happy with what Ive achieved!l so far! However I kinda wanted to be around the 138 mark as a overall target.

my BMI is now in the green for ‘normal’ does this mean I’ve hit my end goal? Is my body telling me that’s it now?
i mean I can’t complain I’ve gone from a UK18-20 to a UK8-10!
but I’m still a little disappointed.

either that or I need to just bide my time and wait. I’m hitting about 1200 calories on a good day - 600 on restricted days. But have notice the last few weeks I can eat a little more per portion.

perhaps I need to exercise more.. if im honest I don’t do much… im not good at exercise 🤦🏻‍♀️

just leaving this here as I complain to my family and friends and they think I’m being weird and just thought you guys would understand where I’m coming from.

xxx

Wow, that's great that you are in the green for BMI! You are doing so well, and I am so happy for you.

I have read some of the veterans responses in the forum saying that the closer you are to your goal, the harder & slower weightloss can be. Stalls also seem to occur throughout the weightloss phase, so you may just be in a long stall.

I hear you on the excecise, I also need to step it up! I think it will be helpful for me to increase my muscle tone & firm up. Right now, I have mostly been walking for my exercise. I asked my husband for a vibration plate for Christmas, hopefully that will be something I will enjoy using. Until I get one, I think I would like to try beginner yoga videos.

Good luck & keep us posted. 😁

Had my surgery July 15, 2021. Down 68 pounds. In November I hit a stall that lasted well into the first week of January. I just started losing again last week.

I am happy with my progress and still hopeful I will hit my target eventually.

Would love to hear how others are doing.

On 1/15/2022 at 5:49 PM, Bluebonnetgirl said:

My progress is almost identical to yours. Same weight loss, same stall. Except that I'm still in the stall. My surgeon is very happy with my progress so far, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much.

On 1/15/2022 at 5:49 PM, Bluebonnetgirl said:

Had my surgery July 15, 2021. Down 68 pounds. In November I hit a stall that lasted well into the first week of January. I just started losing again last week.

I am happy with my progress and still hopeful I will hit my target eventually.

Would love to hear how others are doing.

So I hit a milestone this week of 50kg lost. Which is around 110lbs. I can't believe I've lost so much and I feel so much better thanks to this surgery 😊 I am about 75% to my goal now and even though the weight loss is slowing down, I never thought I would be this weight by February! 😁

11 hours ago, Sammys_VSG_Evolution said:

So I hit a milestone this week of 50kg lost. Which is around 110lbs. I can't believe I've lost so much and I feel so much better thanks to this surgery 😊 I am about 75% to my goal now and even though the weight loss is slowing down, I never thought I would be this weight by February! 😁

Congratulations. So happy for you! Can't wait to hear that you made goal!

Hey July 2021 Surgery People!

It has been a while since we've had any updates on everyone's progress.

I reached a BIG milestone today & am excited to say that I am 100 pounds down.

Overall, things have been going well.

Have I been perfect? No. Could I possibly have lost faster? Probably.

Some of the things that I have struggled with are getting enough Protein & water/fluids in. I also recently noticed some grazing was returning when I would prepare my kids' snack. I also feel that I need to exercise more.

When I started I was so strict about following the plan as best I could. I know I don't need to be perfectly following everything to a T, but know I don't want to let old habits return or lose out on this weight loss window.

I started trying to focus & Proteins & fluids again. I want to start habit tracking again to try my best to follow my food & activity plans. I also want to increase fruits & veggies. (I recently read 2 of Dr. Matthew Weiner's books and realize I need to try to incorporate those foods more)

Some of my "go-to" foods and drinks currently are: yogurt (light & fit greek), nuts, cheese, fruits, craisins/raisins, salads, chicken, shrimp, crackers, unsweetened iced tea, hot coffee, & iced coffee. I sometimes add unflavored Protein Powder to yogurt & coffee.

I still have at least 20 pounds that I want to lose. I am also realizing that maintaining the loss will probably be hard work, as that is obviously something that I was never able to do before. When I get to where I want to be, I know this is when I will need the most support.

So, I'm just wondering how everyone else is doing?

How much have you lost? Are you at goal? How much to go? What are you struggling with? What works for you? What are your go-to's? Favorite exercises or activities? Products, advice or tips to share? Fears?

Wishing everyone well, hoping you are feeling good, & are at or closer to where you want to be.😁🍀👍

On 03/16/2022 at 01:46, Candace76 said:

Hey July 2021 Surgery People!

It has been a while since we've had any updates on everyone's progress.

I reached a BIG milestone today & am excited to say that I am 100 pounds down.

Overall, things have been going well.

Have I been perfect? No. Could I possibly have lost faster? Probably.

Some of the things that I have struggled with are getting enough Protein & water/fluids in. I also recently noticed some grazing was returning when I would prepare my kids' snack. I also feel that I need to exercise more.

When I started I was so strict about following the plan as best I could. I know I don't need to be perfectly following everything to a T, but know I don't want to let old habits return or lose out on this weight loss window.

I started trying to focus & Proteins & fluids again. I want to start habit tracking again to try my best to follow my food & activity plans. I also want to increase fruits & veggies. (I recently read 2 of Dr. Matthew Weiner's books and realize I need to try to incorporate those foods more)

Some of my "go-to" foods and drinks currently are: yogurt (light & fit greek), nuts, cheese, fruits, craisins/raisins, salads, chicken, shrimp, crackers, unsweetened iced tea, hot coffee, & iced coffee. I sometimes add unflavored Protein Powder to yogurt & coffee.

I still have at least 20 pounds that I want to lose. I am also realizing that maintaining the loss will probably be hard work, as that is obviously something that I was never able to do before. When I get to where I want to be, I know this is when I will need the most support.

So, I'm just wondering how everyone else is doing?

How much have you lost? Are you at goal? How much to go? What are you struggling with? What works for you? What are your go-to's? Favorite exercises or activities? Products, advice or tips to share? Fears?

Wishing everyone well, hoping you are feeling good, & are at or closer to where you want to be.😁🍀👍

I have passed my goal weight ,
Hit between 52kg and 53kg

And have stopped losing now , I’m happy with where I am , I look and feel amazing , have lost 37kg

The only downside now is my family telling me I’m starting to look sick and I need to stop losing weight , (I think I look amazing lol)
I’m a healthy weight not underweight
And comments like these are the only thing bringing me down

I have noticed myself snacking more
And being able to eat more
Hopefully I don’t fall into a bad routine
Have to learn to stop myself snacking so much and I haven’t exercised or done any activities so I should really get on that

Hi Everyone,

So....it's been 7 months for us. I've lost 20 pounds. I was very depressed for a while because I wholeheartedly expected to lose more and more quickly. As long as I keep losing, it will be ok. Maybe it's good that's its been so slow. IDK

So, get this, the new dr put me on Adipex. I told her that I had taken Adipex for my entire adult life (I'm 56). But she prescribed it anyway. She told me to eat every 3 to 4 hours. And she told me that I wasn't getting enough Protein. I know that's true. Most days I don't even get half of what I'm supposed to have. I know this, I've had enough Protein Shakes and eggs to last a lifetime. Why aren't there scientists out there figuring out a way to make a protein patch or a capsule. LOL

I did get some JRobb protein powder to add to Soups and yogurts. I haven't tried it yet.

I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn in a long time --and that's nice. I still have 16 pounds to go to reach my goal. The surgeon made it sound like I would lose all I would lose in year one. In other words, he doesn't see patients losing in year two very often. This leaves me 5 months to try to lose the 16. I'd like to know if any of you guys heard the same thing. Can I really expect NOT to lose after a year? Or possibly even gain back?

On an unrelated note -- I've been reading about alcohol. I'm trying to cut back on that too, hoping maybe that will help with the weight loss.

I've lost some hair. The new dr is super nice and she explained why we lose hair --that's why I've got to figure out a way to get the Proteins in.

I'm very happy for all of you who have lost really big amounts of weight. That's got to be life-changing. Congratulations.

Baby sister had gastric bypass in Tijuana in October and has lost nearly 80 pounds.

On 3/19/2022 at 7:21 AM, sal-wa said:

I have passed my goal weight ,
Hit between 52kg and 53kg

And have stopped losing now , I’m happy with where I am , I look and feel amazing , have lost 37kg

The only downside now is my family telling me I’m starting to look sick and I need to stop losing weight , (I think I look amazing lol)
I’m a healthy weight not underweight
And comments like these are the only thing bringing me down

I have noticed myself snacking more
And being able to eat more
Hopefully I don’t fall into a bad routine
Have to learn to stop myself snacking so much and I haven’t exercised or done any activities so I should really get on that

Congratulations on reaching your goal and surpassing it! You should be proud of yourself. I am so happy for you. Your friends & family may just need time to get used to seeing you at this weight, don't let them get you down. You think feel good & look good, how you feel about yourself is more important! I bet you look amazing!

Wishing you success in maintaining your weight loss.

On 3/20/2022 at 1:34 PM, Soonlee_W said:

Hi Everyone,

So....it's been 7 months for us. I've lost 20 pounds. I was very depressed for a while because I wholeheartedly expected to lose more and more quickly. As long as I keep losing, it will be ok. Maybe it's good that's its been so slow. IDK

So, get this, the new dr put me on Adipex. I told her that I had taken Adipex for my entire adult life (I'm 56). But she prescribed it anyway. She told me to eat every 3 to 4 hours. And she told me that I wasn't getting enough Protein. I know that's true. Most days I don't even get half of what I'm supposed to have. I know this, I've had enough Protein Shakes and eggs to last a lifetime. Why aren't there scientists out there figuring out a way to make a Protein patch or a capsule. LOL

I did get some JRobb Protein Powder to add to Soups and yogurts. I haven't tried it yet.

I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn in a long time --and that's nice. I still have 16 pounds to go to reach my goal. The surgeon made it sound like I would lose all I would lose in year one. In other words, he doesn't see patients losing in year two very often. This leaves me 5 months to try to lose the 16. I'd like to know if any of you guys heard the same thing. Can I really expect NOT to lose after a year? Or possibly even gain back?

On an unrelated note -- I've been reading about alcohol. I'm trying to cut back on that too, hoping maybe that will help with the weight loss.

I've lost some hair. The new dr is super nice and she explained why we lose hair --that's why I've got to figure out a way to get the Proteins in.

I'm very happy for all of you who have lost really big amounts of weight. That's got to be life-changing. Congratulations.

Baby sister had gastric bypass in Tijuana in October and has lost nearly 80 pounds.

Congratulations on losing 20 pounds. 16 to go is so close! From what I read and what my doctor's office said, the first 6 months of weight loss is the biggest & then it starts slowing down, especially as you get closer to goal/healthier weight. People can lose beyond that first year, but it seems to be harder. I'm sure gaining it back is easy to do if old habits return.

I have been adding GENEPRO (unflavored protein powder) to my yogurt or to iced coffee to help reach my daily protein goals. I understand it can be hard to get it all in. I think your idea of adding it to your Soup & yogurt is a great way to get protein in if you are having difficulty. Maybe start with 1/2 serving added to a beverage or liquid/mushy food (soup & yogurt, as you said)? (I mix it with a little room temp Water before adding it to hot or cold beverages & then slowly incorporate it)

The hairloss gets better. Mine is coming back in, so I have all these shorter hairs mixed in with my long ones.

Wishing you luck in losing the 16 pounds & maintaining your loss.

As we’re nearing our one year mark i’d love to hear where everyone is holding!!
Starting weight 234
Day of surgery 223
Current weight 169
Total loss so far 65 pounds!

I’d like to get down to 145 or at least 150. ( i’m a 5”5 female) but I’m thrilled with where i am. I’m in normal sizes, shopping in regular stores. There’s a lot on these forums about wls having negative effects on marriage but in my case it made my husband super attracted to me!

It's been a year and a month --I've lost 27 pounds. I know I'm not getting enough Protein.

I started swimming with my sister and lost 3 pounds pretty quickly. But, school is back in session now. I won't be able to swim.